Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Game Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers

Game Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers 3 years 6 months ago #19607

• Steve Tidball
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
This is the place.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Game Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers 3 years 6 months ago #19611

• Steve Tidball
  • Administrator
After a spirited effort early on in the second half, frustration had set in and the NYC Panthers couldn't hold back the Roosters late in the second half.

Holden Cup Full Time
Roosters 32 (Mitchell, Mamary, Elliot 2, Goodsell, Leuluai. 4 Goals) def.
Panthers 18 (Katoa, Attwood, Naden. 3 Goals)

Game Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers 3 years 6 months ago #19613

• Bruce
  • Thank you received: 20
Massive ask today, short turnaround, injuries to our halves and the Roosters will want to make a statement against a team that some see as "pretenders." We need to aim up and man up and fire up against them. Go, Panthers!

Game Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers 3 years 6 months ago #19614

• Steve Tidball
  • Administrator
Newtown Jets storms home with momentum, took the lead with a FG and snared a stunning win, ending the Panthers 11 game streak.

NSW Cup Full Time:
Jets 31 (Stapleton, Harris, Evans 2, Reuben. Stapleton 4G. 1FG) def.
Panthers 30 (Nabuli, Naiqama 2, Capewell, Cherrington, Smith. Naiqama 3G)

Game Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers 3 years 6 months ago #19615

• Wazza2750
  • Thank you received: 12
Well......... I have seen same games of footy Butched, but that NSW Cup game just about takes the cake!!!!!!!!!
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Wazza2750.

Game Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers 3 years 6 months ago #19616

• Dufeyz
  • Thank you received: 44
That breeze was brutal. I was surprised their goalkicked was 5/5, while where where like 3/6. Goalkicking was the difference. I saw Ivan's team list for todays game... he has Dallin at Fullback, Whare at wing, Lewy Brown centres, moylan 6 and Isaah Yeo comes onto the bench. I almost hope they don't play that way. It seems he's taking a futuristic approach to this game. I guess Ivan must think our chances of winning are low, so he has decided to put Dallin at fullback in NRL level? or maybe, Dallin will today show how much of a superstar he really is.

Time will tell...

Game Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers 3 years 6 months ago #19617

• Pomoz
  • Thank you received: 204
It was a shocker. As for u20's they were awful. Both Scarlett and the 5/8th look very average.We seemed to have very little in attack, with limited ball runners and movement the Roosters just had easy tackling practice. Neither half seem to want to take the line on.
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Pomoz.

Game Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers 3 years 6 months ago #19618

• Steve Tidball
  • Administrator
Moidnayitus strikes again. The depleted Panthers mostly flat performance falls short against the Roosters, just wasn't their day.
NRL Full Time
Roosters 32 (Guerra, Aubusson, Casty, Cordner 2. Maloney 6G) def.
Panthers 12 (Cartwright, Segeyaro. Soward 2G)

Game Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers 3 years 6 months ago #19619

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 259
...... Reality bites the NRL boys. We weren't good enough.

Just one thing more..... Those refs use or non use of the sin bin needs to be examined. They don't like their integrity questioned, but they pissed me off no end with their biased interpretation of what constitutes a professional foul. For Christ's sake the Chooks got away with bloody murder. They 'll be sititing in the sheds having a good ole laugh at our expense. That's what stops people going to the game, imbecile officials.
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Puss.

Game Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers 3 years 6 months ago #19620

• Pomoz
Puss wrote:

Just one thing more..... Those refs use or non use of the sin bin needs to be examined. They don't like their integrity questioned, but they pissed me off no end with their biased interpretation of what constitutes a professional foul. For Christ's sake the Chooks got away with bloody murder. They 'll be sititing in the sheds having a good ole laugh at our expense. That's what stops people going to the game, imbecile officials.
Spot on. They were so inconsistent. The Roosters lay in the ruck and forced a mistake from DZW, it's ruled knock on and 2 minutes earlier we were penalised for lying in the ruck and causing the Roosters to knock on.

The sin bin after 5 minutes of play was breath taking. I have never seen that in all my years of watching the NRL. We then got 5 penalties in a row and no Rooster was put in the bin. It completely distorts the game if you lose a player.

Oh and BTW. Cordner was in front of the kicker for his try. He had a foot over the 20m line and Pearce had his feet behind it.
We probably would have lost anyway because we were all at sea in the halves, but at least give us a chance.

Game Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers 3 years 6 months ago #19621

• Dufeyz
Im not sure what the penalty count was, but it was probably in our favour. I hope Peter Wallace is an extremely fast healer. We need him and the MANSOUROUS ASAP. The attack was clunky, our 5th tackle options were shocking. The sin bin earlier in the game set up the mood i think. I'm not sure what Ivan;s plan for the halves were, but we will probably see will smith play firsts next week.

Watching the NSWCup game, he looks like he's just faster than everyone. Its like he was playing on another level. Hopefully the boys are resfreshed and ready to go for next week.

Game Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers 3 years 6 months ago #19622

• Puss
Pomoz wrote:
Puss wrote:

Spot on. They were so inconsistent. The Roosters lay in the ruck and forced a mistake from DZW, it's ruled knock on and 2 minutes earlier we were penalised for lying in the ruck and causing the Roosters to knock on.

The sin bin after 5 minutes of play was breath taking. I have never seen that in all my years of watching the NRL. We then got 5 penalties in a row and no Rooster was put in the bin. It completely distorts the game if you lose a player.

Oh and BTW. Cordner was in front of the kicker for his try. He had a foot over the 20m line and Pearce had his feet behind it.
We probably would have lost anyway because we were all at sea in the halves, but at least give us a chance.

....... We don't want any favours, we want a fair go. And I agree it may not have had an effect on the final result, but geez, he even warned the Chooks. Then the SOB turns a blind eye to the chook winger hoisting the ball over the fence after Sowards 40/20. Then we get the ball boy getting in the game and throwing one on as we took a tap. An 'effin' joke, we've gone from taking a quick tap to giving the chooks a 2 min breather.

And who gives a stuff about SBW not having a drink of water. I regularly celebrate RUModan and don't feel no pain at all. :S
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Puss.

Game Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers 3 years 6 months ago #19623

Let me start by saying we are having a cracker of a year and the truth about today is we never at any stage looked like we were going to win that game. I have no claims to be a coach and respect Ivan Cleary 100% but to me we were on the back foot when to replace Mansour and mainly Wallace we move a 2nd rower to 5/8 a 5/8 to half, a 2nd rower to centre a centre to winger........ next week bring in Capewell to 1/2 and every other player stays in their normal spot. We had no attack because all we had was Soward and nothing else. Bryce is going to be a superstar but a 5/8 he is not. Again the boys gave 100% but we were so easy to read. Next weeks team.
1.M.MOYLAN
2.J.MANSOUR
3.D.WHARE
4.J.IDRIS
5.K.NAIQARMA
6.J.SOWARD
7.L.CAPEWELL
13.E.TAYLOR
12.B.CARTWRIGHT
11.S.MANU
10.B.KITE
9.J.SEGEYARO
8.S.MCKENDRY

14.L.BROWN
15.J.LATIMORE
16.N.PLUM
17.A.DOCKER

Game Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers 3 years 6 months ago #19624

• Griggsy
  • Thank you received: 22
Why are we still using Brent Kite. He stats are poor and has very little game time. He does not have the same energy as when he played for manly. Sam Anderson is killing it in nsw cup, let's give him a crack. He will provide a bigger tackle count and more energy when running the ball.

Game Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers 3 years 6 months ago #19625

Luke Capewell- no thanks. I thought Cartwright played ok especially in defence. I thought Soward came up with a few wrong options, but this year he has been superb so im happy to let the game go. Taylor was really good when he came back on the field as was Segeyaro. We missed Peachey. Once again we were dominated in the forwards and were clunky across the field.
The worry is Souths and the Roosters are now up our tail on the ladder.
I'm hoping for the Tigers and Dragons to win this weekend then the Knights, Cowboys and Raiders next weekend but unlikely for any of these games to happen. Why are we going to bloody Bathurst? This year we win at home??

Game Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers 3 years 6 months ago #19627

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 205
I never expected to win this game given the circumstances. We looked exhausted before we even kicked off, they looked refreshed. Not surprising given we had a 5 day turn around from a tough game & they had a 14 day turn around from a game they only played half of. I brought up the point with a mate that it might have been worth trying a few of the NSW Cup players in first grade, given they had an extra 2 days rest before the game.

Refereeing was inconsistent & abysmal at times. Roosters were allowed to play on, forcing Taylor to make a tackle while offside to prevent try, which then saw him sent to the bin. When we are in the same situation, we have to wait until the Roosters are onside & have their defensive line set. Where is the consistency? Ashley Klein should give himself an uppercut for that howler.
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by mutley.

Game Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers 3 years 6 months ago #19628

• Dufeyz
It's because the ball boy needs to put the ball on the line. Elijah Taylor was sin binned for being offside, what about the roosters played who through the ball away from our 40/20. Is it fair to say he illegally interfered with our try's coring opportunity?

Honestly, we never looked like winning that game. Hopefully Wal can get back soon.

Game Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers 3 years 6 months ago #19629

• shazza
  • Thank you received: 162
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Wallace doesn't make an early return next weekend and on yesterday's performance we really need him.
Our attack was noticeably disjointed with all the positional changes but to their credit the boys never threw in the towel at any stage and this despite the fact that the rub of the green and the favorable calls all went the way of the Chooks.

I was pleased to see young Cartwright put a bit more effort into his defense, he had a very encouraging game. Hopefully this will be the start of something big. I think though, he will be much more effective, in the short term at least, coming off the bench into the backrow than he would be starting or playing 5/8.

Shazza

Game Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers 3 years 6 months ago #19630

• Pomoz
shazza wrote:
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Wallace doesn't make an early return next weekend and on yesterday's performance we really need him.
Our attack was noticeably disjointed with all the positional changes but to their credit the boys never threw in the towel at any stage and this despite the fact that the rub of the green and the favorable calls all went the way of the Chooks.

I was pleased to see young Cartwright put a bit more effort into his defense, he had a very encouraging game. Hopefully this will be the start of something big. I think though, he will be much more effective, in the short term at least, coming off the bench into the backrow than he would be starting or playing 5/8.

Shazza
37 tackles for two misses. 92m, a try, a line break, an offload, 9 tackle breaks. Yeah, he went OK I suppose...........
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Pomoz.
The following user(s) said Thank You   mr walker, Kevin

Game Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers 3 years 6 months ago #19632

• bab
  • Thank you received: 14
OK you wanted I believe 25 or so tackles per game as per previous posts ,he gives 37 , he played a full 80 minutes and seemed to finish as well as he started ,he scored a good try ,and generally looked like he had been playing 1st grade for a while ,man Iam glad your not my boss ,I would never reach your great heights or expectationsshazza wrote:

Shazza

Game Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers 3 years 6 months ago #19634

• ACTPanthers
  • Thank you received: 93
One thing I got from the game, Carty isn't a 5/8 - Leave him in the backrow and bring someone in - I would've preferred to see Moylan stay at 5/8 on the w/e and have Carty off the bench. Our attack suffered with so many positional changes
ACT Penrith Panthers Fans Group
Twitter - @ACTPanthers
FaceBook - ACT Penrith Panthers Fans
And, if you would like to contact me directly please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Game Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers 3 years 5 months ago #19644

• Puss
..... an unbridled enthusiasm from Cartwright resulted in two glitches he'll learn from. 1st half he tried to pickup a loose ball he probably should of fallen on, in our own 20m. And in the second half with an overlap beckoning, he kicked the bloody thing.
Geez the bloke does look the goods though doesn't he? He's deserving of a bench spot without being overburdened by fan expectation . As soon as Cleary and Shazza knock all the glam off his game, he'll be a champ.
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Puss.
The following user(s) said Thank You   Pomoz

Game Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers 3 years 5 months ago #19646

good to see Docker have another blinder....

first picked this week.

Game Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers 3 years 5 months ago #19651

• mr walker
  • Thank you received: 129
Been away since right after the Broncos game. Our strength this year, our defense, has largely deserted us in the last two games. The broncos exposed our right edge with Idris and Soward defending together & to make it worse Idris drops of the tackle and puts Mansour in a moon boot!!!!
Did well to beat the broncos, but were not really ever going to beat the roosters with a depleted lineup. Our limitations in attack were shown up this week and our kicking game was poor - we need Wallace! We did make good yards but had nothing when it came to last tackle options :-(
Couple of forwards clearly not performing, but we are trying and we would have taken where we are before the first round.
Still in second place, so there's always hope :) I guess the refs will make sure we finish as low down the ladder as they can possibly put us :whistle:

Game Day Thread: Roosters v Panthers 3 years 5 months ago #19656

• Kevin
  • Panthers Hate Parra
  • Thank you received: 187
Diabolical Refereeing Display :evil:

Moylan touches the ball from the field of play on that 40/20 it should have been a scrum. The Home side should be accountable for their ball boys, if they don't know what they MUST do, they get the flick. What happened in that instance with us amounts to cheating. I've heard (not seen it myself) even the Roosters Coach said something about it, that is a glaringly obvious issue if the winning Coach makes a comment, that's as rare as rockin horse shit.

I am getting sick of the ruck as well, it seems some teams are allowed to do what they want and get away with it. The Roosters had 3 in EVERY tackle, the 3rd man was often the catalyst for the player going to ground and whilst doing so the other 2 turning the ball carrier onto his back. Penrith would have 2 in the tackle and the second ref right there yelling "Off Now".

This comp will be decided by who "gets away with" slowing the ruck down, and that is bad for footy IMO.

Somebody said it earlier and I agree, don't dismantle our side to replace our half, that is the Matthew Elliot guide to Coaching, Sowy should stay at 5/8, if we need a "Luke Walsh" (Capewell / Humble) at 7 to fill the hole, so be it.
  • Page: