Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Game Day v Bulldogs

Game Day v Bulldogs 3 years 5 months ago #19819

• Steve Tidball
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
This is the place.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Game Day v Bulldogs 3 years 5 months ago #19820

• mr walker
  • Thank you received: 129
Wow, very quiet on here. Maybe it is the calm before the storm, or perhaps just the nervous anticipation.

Both teams are down on form. The dogs get a 'star' half back & we lose one. They have a big mobile pack with an off-load or two in them & we are smaller & just not getting it done the past few weeks.

We are going to need to be near our best to win, as a loss is going to put a real downer on our prospects.

Hope Ivan shows a video of Wally from last week just before kick-off to inspire our guys. Maybe he should add the one of that kid :) Hope young Smith goes well.

Onwards and upwards.
The following user(s) said Thank You   BathurstTom

Game Day v Bulldogs 3 years 5 months ago #19821

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 259
........ a mighty tough assignment taking them on up the middle. If we can hold them, maybe we can go around them. Moylans hands could be the difference. Can we afford to let the ball do the work? If ever we need Soward to stand up tonite's the night, his kicking game could turn them around to our benefit.

Game Day v Bulldogs 3 years 5 months ago #19822

the inclusion of Docker adds an exciting x-factor to our attack.

and those Doggies will be digging holes to hide from him in defence.

cant wait to watch him go around tonight.

Re:Game Day v Bulldogs 3 years 5 months ago #19823

• sullo66
  • Thank you received: 34
MMM reported tonight that Penrith have made a 'big' offer for young dogs front rower Lloyd Perrot. He is coming off the bench and wearing 17 tonight- let's hope we don't see why Gus/Ivan is so interested

Game Day v Bulldogs 3 years 5 months ago #19824

• hivnoh holova
  • Celebrating 40 Years as a Penrith tragic !
  • Thank you received: 114
At half time it looks like we've just hung in after 3 near misses foe the Dogs. Taylor is a huge loss. Worried that their big packs size may take its toll later in the game. However, if Docker keeps hitting the way he is a couple of their big blokes may go MIA

Re:Game Day v Bulldogs 3 years 5 months ago #19825

• Puss
...... we win this, I'll eat soufs curtains.

Re:Game Day v Bulldogs 3 years 5 months ago #19826

• Bruce
  • Thank you received: 20
Puss wrote:

Test of our resilience. I have faith in this side. We've come a long way. We will lift in the 2nd half and win.

Re:Game Day v Bulldogs 3 years 5 months ago #19827

• Puss
..... I hate curtains.

Gutsy but costly win. McKendry was magnificent.
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Puss.
The following user(s) said Thank You   BathurstTom

Re:Game Day v Bulldogs 3 years 5 months ago #19828

• Purcy
A truly dreadful win. Idris, without a doubt, needs to go. He has absolutely nothing and the remainder of the team must see this.

Game Day v Bulldogs 3 years 5 months ago #19829

• mr walker
  • Thank you received: 129
That's what we live for as Penrith Panther supporters:) Not pretty, & more damn injuries, but a victory built on panther spirit.

Still need to improve, but let's just enjoy for now.

Game Day v Bulldogs 3 years 5 months ago #19830

• hivnoh holova
  • Celebrating 40 Years as a Penrith tragic !
  • Thank you received: 114
Dreadful win ? Theres no such thing. Maybe I'm missing some sarcasm in that post ?

We just beat a direct competitor away from home without our captain and half back and with 15 players for just under half the game. That was a sensational win in the circumstances.

How good is Segeyaro ?
Tonight showed how much we rely on our wingers to set up our attacking sets in the first 2 tackles, they were both great !
Tonight was a win in adversity built from the growing football culture in our club.
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley, Wazza2750

Game Day v Bulldogs 3 years 5 months ago #19831

• Dufeyz
  • Thank you received: 44
i think idris played really well. lots of crucial tackles when the game was on the line. We did get a little soft in the last 5 minutes though. Tough win, one that we needed. Smith didnt do anything wrong, so he did well. After a couple weeks without players stepping up, Soward and Segeyaro really showed up tonight.

Mansour and simmons were magnificient. Without them it seems we lose. The quick play the balls they get make up for our 'soft' pack.

Another must-win game next week...

Game Day v Bulldogs 3 years 5 months ago #19832

• Bruce
  • Thank you received: 20
Great, gutsy win! Hope Cartright & Taylor aren't too bad, although I'm not confident about Taylor. It didn't look good.

Game Day v Bulldogs 3 years 5 months ago #19833

• Goonji
  • Thank you received: 33
Great win tonight. Panthers dug deep when every rubgy league expert in town wrote them off. Andrew Johns said just before kick off that we would miss the 8. What a dope. Given the injuries, before and during the game I am not going to bag them for anything. They won and that's all that matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley, hivnoh holova

Game Day v Bulldogs 3 years 5 months ago #19834

it was clear who the commentators expected to win.....and wanted to win.

I almost felt a little sorry for them when Penrith butchered the Bulldogs early in the second half.

Our effort and win tonight, in the face of an unprecedented, wretched battering swathe of serious injuries..... should have earned exultant praise from the stuffed shirts in the commentary box, yet all I heard was crickets.

the lack of impartiality amongst rugby league broadcasters has become one of my bugbears in recent years.

and I know loving Rabs is on page one of the "How to be a cool Aussie bloke" handbook, but he is fading fast, and he isnt helped by the appalling excuses for broadcasters that channel 9 keep sitting next to him.

Re:Game Day v Bulldogs 3 years 5 months ago #19835

• Tylooper
  • Thank you received: 197
Purcy wrote:
A truly dreadful win. Idris, without a doubt, needs to go. He has absolutely nothing and the remainder of the team must see this.
\

Surely you aren't serious? We are a team that is being held together by sticky tape and have some of our best players on the sideline, plus we lost our number one defensive player before halftime and lead the game 22 nil with 10 minutes to go!!!!! I've been around long enough to see some pretty stoic Penrith performances and I can tell you that the spirit that these boys are playing with is right up there with the best we've ever mustered.

The courage and heart shown tonight was a pleasure to sit in the cold and watch. ANZ Stadium really is the pits in terms of getting the crowd into the game but I was more than happy to see them taken out of it tonight. Our gutsy team didn't give an inch. We may be down on players but we are right at the top of the of the ladder in terms of spirit and determination.

Game Day v Bulldogs 3 years 5 months ago #19836

• Tylooper
souf aussie panther wrote:
it was clear who the commentators expected to win.....and wanted to win.

I almost felt a little sorry for them when Penrith butchered the Bulldogs early in the second half.

Our effort and win tonight, in the face of an unprecedented, wretched battering swathe of serious injuries..... should have earned exultant praise from the stuffed shirts in the commentary box, yet all I heard was crickets.

the lack of impartiality amongst rugby league broadcasters has become one of my bugbears in recent years.

and I know loving Rabs is on page one of the "How to be a cool Aussie bloke" handbook, but he is fading fast, and he isnt helped by the appalling excuses for broadcasters that channel 9 keep sitting next to him.

Interesting and funny you say this. I was driving home and the 2GB News came on and when they did the sport report, the commentary grab of the match was.........wait for it...........Andrew Moore calling the goal Hodkinson kicked after the fulltime siren! Not, the try Mansour scored, not the great short pass from Soward to Moylan to score......nup, the Hodkinson kick after fulltime.
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Tylooper.

Game Day v Bulldogs 3 years 5 months ago #19837

• Tylooper
Bruce wrote:
Great, gutsy win! Hope Cartright & Taylor aren't too bad, although I'm not confident about Taylor. It didn't look good.

ACL, gone for the season

Game Day v Bulldogs 3 years 5 months ago #19838

• Dufeyz
  • Thank you received: 44
Brent Kite has done his peck apparently. Which may be why i thought he had a pretty crap game. either way, looks like there may be a couple more debutants next week.

Game Day v Bulldogs 3 years 5 months ago #19839

• Steve Tidball
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
I have to give some praise to the silent achiever Jeremy Latamore.

He is a real metre eater. Topped the metres for the forwards tonight with 130m. Easily beating Plum (50m), McKendry (74m), Kite (55m), which were not bad considering it was hard to make metres in such a grinding game.

Latimore also was getting involved with the play and second phase play rather then just running up the ball. He certainly is at his career best.

I also thought McKendry had a good solid game tonight, probably one of his best games this season, noting to flashy but played with spirit and clawed every metre he made tonight.

It was mentioned that the forwards needed to step up to win this one. I think they did a good job jarring up the Bulldogs attack and defended well, leading to many mistakes by the rushing Bulldogs.

...and lastly, those who suggest that Idris had a bad game must have been watching something else. He is a centre with a heart of a prop forward, devastating when he carts the ball up.

Overall, room for improvement (especially in the last 15 minutes) but should put some of the media critics back in their boxes.
The following user(s) said Thank You   smokeypanther

Game Day v Bulldogs 3 years 5 months ago #19840

• Johnston
  • Thank you received: 5
The radio just said that Kite and Cartwright are gong for the majority of the rest of the year. They also mentioned that Dogs were ripped off. No mention of Penrith playing good. Also Paul Kent said yesterday Penrith would be lucky to win another game. Oh an while we are on the topic channel 7 have only showed the broncos vs manly game on their sport news. Why are Penrith so unfashionable?

Re:Game Day v Bulldogs 3 years 5 months ago #19841

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 205
Puss wrote:
How did they taste? :P

Gutsy win after losing Taylor, Cartwright & Kite. It wasn't pretty, but I'll take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day.

Game Day v Bulldogs 3 years 5 months ago #19842

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 205
Johnston wrote:
The radio just said that Kite and Cartwright are gong for the majority of the rest of the year. They also mentioned that Dogs were ripped off. No mention of Penrith playing good. Also Paul Kent said yesterday Penrith would be lucky to win another game. Oh an while we are on the topic channel 7 have only showed the broncos vs manly game on their sport news. Why are Penrith so unfashionable?
Do we really expect any praise from the media? We could win the Grand Final 50-0 & the story would be about how unlucky the other side was :P

Game Day v Bulldogs 3 years 5 months ago #19843

Penrith should be permitted a 5 man bench.

a friendly concession from the NRL, to cover our weekly obligatory season ending injury.