Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Game Day v Sea Eagles

Game Day v Sea Eagles 3 years 4 months ago #20172

• Steve Tidball
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
This is the place.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Game Day v Sea Eagles 3 years 4 months ago #20173

• Panther1967
  • Thank you received: 142
Ivan Cleary has named the following team for today's important top four clash with the Sea Eagles.

A win today will secure a top four finish.

1. Matt MOYLAN

2. Josh MANSOUR

3. Dean WHARE

4. Jamal IDRIS

5. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK

6. Will SMITH

7. Jamie SOWARD

8. Nigel PLUM

18. Kierran MOSELEY

10. Sam MCKENDRY

11. Sika MANU

12. Matt ROBINSON

13. Adam DOCKER

INTERCHANGE: 14. Lewis BROWN, 16. Ben MURDOCH-MASILA, 17. Tim GRANT, 19. Sam ANDERSON

www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2014/08/...s_vs_sea_eagles.html

Kierran Moseley understandably in for Chico.
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Panther1967.

Game Day v Sea Eagles 3 years 4 months ago #20174

• Dufeyz
  • Thank you received: 44
Well, that sucks.

Game Day v Sea Eagles 3 years 4 months ago #20175

• Anthony
  • Thank you received: 12
Never been so gutted. 5 minutes to go and all Idris had to do was fall on the ball and hold it. Gifts the Eagles possession and they score twice.

Absolutely gutted.
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley

Game Day v Sea Eagles 3 years 4 months ago #20176

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 259
........ Never been so proud of the Panthers. With our injuries we weren't expected to trouble the Brooky boofheads.
Each and every player put in and we ran them to the last two minutes or was that three. Yes we made mistakes but bloody hell how can you criticise our mob when we were in it to the end.

Matai, your season should be over if it isn't there's something wrong

. Now to cement a top four finish at home next week. Be there, be part of the crowd our team deserves.

One last thing ....... Brad Fittler as good a player as he was isn't a commentators arsehole. Maybe he should buy a coffee shop down on the North Shore. The seeming pleasure he took from Manly's resurgence was disrespectful to us westies and his book will find it's way to the backyard BBQ this evening without doubt.
The following user(s) said Thank You   Ross

Game Day v Sea Eagles 3 years 4 months ago #20177

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 205
Can't believe the ref didn't go to the video to check onside for the last try. Might have been good, but there were a number of players that would have been close to offside when the kick went up. Better to look at it, when it is going to decide the game.

Game Day v Sea Eagles 3 years 4 months ago #20178

• Panther182
  • Thank you received: 14
Gutted!

It was such a great game and we deserved that win so much more. as soon as they got the try to make it 25-22 I just had a feeling the were going to get it again I wants Jamie lyon to get the goal to make it 25-24 so they would more likely go for the field goal instead.

Just hope we win next week to cement top 4.

Game Day v Sea Eagles 3 years 4 months ago #20179

• Tylooper
  • Thank you received: 197
A bloody courageous effort and heart breaking to lose like that. We have one hell of a football team to support and despite everything that has gone against them this year, they are giving us a fantastic ride.

Next week, get your Dad, Grandfather and Father in-law and get to Penrith Pk. The boys will need 20,000 pairs of lungs to cheer them into the top 4. The Warriors fans will turn up, lets make sure we all do.

Game Day v Sea Eagles 3 years 4 months ago #20180

• Goonji
  • Thank you received: 33
Bitterly disappointed but so proud of the Panthers today. Didn't deserve to lose but that's football.

Game Day v Sea Eagles 3 years 4 months ago #20181

• Griggsy
  • Thank you received: 22
Congratulations for a Good solid performance from Kieren Moseley for his first game. Hope we can keep him at Penrith, we will have a lot of hookers next year.

Game Day v Sea Eagles 3 years 4 months ago #20184

• Kevin
  • Panthers Hate Parra
  • Thank you received: 187
Why is it soooo hard for the Refs to be consistent?

Point 1. they check the Mansour try for grounding where he was untouched, absolutely no issue and couldn't believe they sent it upstairs.

Point 2. The Jamal Idris try, again went up stairs.....for what, OK someone was trying to stop him but it was clear he scored without incident.

Now, Manly score with a potential held up where Jamie Buhrer comes over the top and assists the try scorer, no question, Ref rules a try.......What The, are you allowed to "Rugby Unionise" at Brookvale? He actually lays over the top and pushes the arms and ball down to help score and the Ref was right there watching :evil:

The last try, no review, admittedly I rewound the coverage and the try was 100% OK, but really, the dying seconds and you don't even review, but you look at the first try where no-one was touching a player.......Farrrrrrrrr OUT

The Mrs raised a good point early, she said, with the penalty count at 4 blot in our favour, I hate this, you just know they will make it up to Manly for stupid calls......and they did and then some.

It's almost like the Refs try to "Keep teams in the game" to ensure the spectacle.

You know, all I could think about last night was Nigel Plum sitting in the sheds after that.........imagine that poor bugger at 10pm last night, all busted and bruised, throbbing headache, the kids in bed, he's on the lounge.....it's the sort of stuff that would make you cry :(

At least he scored :woohoo:

I hope we put 40 on the Warriors !
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley, Lismore Panther

Game Day v Sea Eagles 3 years 4 months ago #20185

Took the words right outta my mouth Kevin.

I felt the amount of penalties was killing the game, so many times Manly got piggy backed out of their own end. Any time a ball came out the refs always seemed to point in the direction of Manly whether it be a panther strip or panthers lost ball.

I felt the turning point was Idris knocking the ball on fielding the kick with 5 mins on the clock. They never replayed the tackle but he stayed down long enough to warrant a review. That really gave them a chance to get back in the game... and they did!

We played well and controlled the game well for 74 mins. We didn't deserve to lose but did. Lets hope we can learn and move on to next week to smash the hell outta the warriors. If a few small bounces of the ball and last ditch tackles went our way the headlines would be a lot different.

Moseley and Anderson were solid and didnt look out of place. Cant wait to get Segeyaro back though, we miss his x factor in attack and ability to score outta nothing.

I feel sorry Plummy, My 9 month old daughter still keeps me couch bound some nights!

Bring on the top 4!!

Game Day v Sea Eagles 3 years 4 months ago #20186

Going into the game with the buildup for the departing Manly players, this game was a potential smacking. The Eagles were not up to their usual standard early but we were pretty good. How we lose leading 22-6 with not that long to go isn't that important.

What was important was our team down maybe 12 first graders tried their guts out and for one of the first times this year still lost. We have done that a few times with Field goals and late conversions so despite being gutted it comes around We have to just stop our errors and find a bit more in the middle of the second half.

I'll be hoping the Cowboys lose against Manly and also cheering the Broncs and Titans. We will be back and that starts on Sunday. hoping for a massive crowd. I have been offered extra GA tix by Panthers marketing mgt so we are giving away freebies
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by North Shore Panther.

Game Day v Sea Eagles 3 years 4 months ago #20187

• Fez
  • Thank you received: 10
I hope that one day Mansour won't have feet for hands. I thought Jamie Lyon had a great game too. 4 try assists. Any dominant half would be proud of that.

Game Day v Sea Eagles 3 years 4 months ago #20190

• Kevin
  • Panthers Hate Parra
Agree Fez, if Mansour catches that and scores, we are celebrating (still talking about inconsistencies) but celebrating.....nahhh well, not to be.

Onwards and Upwards

At least we had a positive out of the weekend, the Knights humiliated the featherweenies :woohoo:

The Broncs to beat the Storm, Parra don't make the eight :lol:

Game Day v Sea Eagles 3 years 4 months ago #20191

• Fez
  • Thank you received: 10
Kevin wrote:
Agree Fez, if Mansour catches that and scores, we are celebrating (still talking about inconsistencies) but celebrating.....nahhh well, not to be.

Onwards and Upwards

At least we had a positive out of the weekend, the Knights humiliated the featherweenies :woohoo:

The Broncs to beat the Storm, Parra don't make the eight :lol:

Can't forget the two runs down the left flank where we had Manly on the back foot and he drops his lollies attempting to play the ball. He'd be a top tier winger if he could just hold on to the damn thing.

Game Day v Sea Eagles 3 years 4 months ago #20193

• Kevin
  • Panthers Hate Parra
How sad was it when he didn't swap hands so he could palm off Lyon, maybe he can only carry the ball with his right arm :blink:

Game Day v Sea Eagles 3 years 4 months ago #20194

I thought Mosley went really well on Debut. Congrats Kieren.

Game Day v Sea Eagles 3 years 4 months ago #20195

I thought Mosley went really well on Debut. Congrats Kieren.

Re:Game Day v Sea Eagles 3 years 4 months ago #20211

• Dal
I'm still cut about this game felt sorry for the boys.
To let the game go with being up 2 try's in the dying minutes really disappointing but we played well and should of won.
It's going to be a tough ask against a desperate warriors side we need to win and make the top 4 that will b a great season for us considering how many injuries we have had we have to admire the panthers this year for our they have played on and the young boys who have stood up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re:Game Day v Sea Eagles 3 years 4 months ago #20216

• P4N7H3R5
  • Thank you received: 48
Allegiances aside, what a finish! It is games like that which will fill our boys with a fire to do one better next time, give that little bit more. We competed for 79 minutes against a premiership heavyweight. A team which has much of their core for 5+ years and regularly get tested against quality opposition. We did great and will be better for it.

Here's a side that has 9 regular first grade players out, most of which walk into any side in this competition and they made manly work hard for 79 minutes. I am stoked.

Would have loved a win but being competitive is all i wanted this year.

Bring on the warriors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Game Day v Sea Eagles 3 years 4 months ago #20218

• ACTPanthers
  • Thank you received: 93
Timekeeper blames mistake in match between Manly and Penrith on crowd

Paul Crawley The Daily Telegraph September 01, 2014 8:00PM

IT’S a game supported by a billion dollar TV contract but you are not going to believe the excuse the NRL has come up with to explain last Sunday’s timekeeping fiasco at Brookvale Oval.

While all league fans love their Sunday afternoon footy at league’s traditional suburban grounds, it seems the poor timekeeper at Brookie couldn’t call time off during the crucial dying seconds of the all top four match between Manly and Penrith because he couldn’t see the referee.

Penrith captain Jamie Soward labelled it “disgraceful” when crucial seconds were lost during the one-point loss to Manly after the clock wasn’t stopped despite referee Matt Cecchin calling time out.

But an NRL spokesman explained that the reason the clock didn’t stop was because, apparently, the timekeeper had to jump on a chair to see the ref in the corner after Tom Symonds’ match winning try after fans jumped up and obstructed his view.

Penrith yesterday just wanted to put the controversial finish behind them and get on with trying to secure a top four spot in this Sunday night’s final round clash against the Warriors while Manly pointed out that the timekeeper was appointed by the NRL and not their responsibility.

It’s the fourth time this year timekeeping stuff ups have led to post match explosions and the two points it cost St George Illawarra against Melbourne could have been the difference between a top eight finish.

But despite all the promises that it would be fixed before now the problems still exist heading into the final round of the season.

The NRL said on Monday it had reviewed the incident and declared: “Because of immense noise from the crowd and slightly obstructed view, there was a delay of approximately 10 to 14 seconds before the timekeeper became aware time off had been called and stopped the clock”.

The NRL said it would now encourage referees to blow their whistles when signalling time off in similar situations to ensure they can be more easily heard.

Amen to that.
ACT Penrith Panthers Fans Group
Twitter - @ACTPanthers
FaceBook - ACT Penrith Panthers Fans
And, if you would like to contact me directly please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Game Day v Sea Eagles 3 years 4 months ago #20219

• Kevin
  • Panthers Hate Parra
The Time keeper should be in a sound proof box in the stands WATCHING the Ref the entire game.

He should also be miked up as per the video ref.

This is kindergarten stuff.....

Regardless of the clock, I still can't believe no-one is saying anything about the Buhrer try assist when Symonds scored next to the posts.

It happened again last night, are you allowed to help the ball carrier score by interfering with the play?

Game Day v Sea Eagles 3 years 4 months ago #20230

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 259
...... And Matai's contentious tackle on our man, a simple tsk tsk from the NRL. They deemed it wasn't a shoulder charge as there appeared to be intention to wrap the man up with his arms. I don't care, IT WAS BLOODY WELL HIGH you nitwits.

For heavens sake do you have to leap in the air to arm tackle now, is that it? What incentive is their to tackle around the legs at all when the attacker leaps to his feet for a quick play the ball. You know between the coaches and the Telecasters, their stuffing this game, For Christ's sake Johhny Raper, Ron Coote, Bunny Reilly, Bradley Clyde etc etc etc wouldn't have got a look in these days coz they tackled to low. :ohmy:

The ole coaches ploy " they can't run without legs son" is out the window. What do they teach'em now, stacks on the mill?
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Puss.

Game Day v Sea Eagles 3 years 4 months ago #20231

• Kevin
  • Panthers Hate Parra
Are you saying Matai got off Puss?
  • Page: