Panther Pride

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Game Day Thread v Warriors

Game Day Thread v Warriors 3 years 4 months ago #20268

• hivnoh holova
  • Celebrating 40 Years as a Penrith tragic !
  • Thank you received: 114
To quote Steve,

This is the place.

Moseley playing VB cup. Kite in firsts ?
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Steve Tidball.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Game Day Thread v Warriors 3 years 4 months ago #20272

• Dal
I'm very nervous about this one we deserve to make top four this year.
Hope the boys step up and smash them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re:Game Day Thread v Warriors 3 years 4 months ago #20273

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 259
....... Congratulations to Ivan Cleary and the Penrith Panthers for a magnificent season. Despite significant injuries every player that represented this club stood up to the challenges of NRL football. Best wishes for the final series but you've already won the admiration and support of a whole new audience of Panther faithful.
The following user(s) said Thank You   Pomoz, Lismore Panther, souf aussie panther, ACTPanthers, Wazza2750, hk panther

Re:Game Day Thread v Warriors 3 years 4 months ago #20274

• Panther1967
  • Thank you received: 142
We have set a certain benchmark were as no team from now on can use the excuse that injuries dogged their season.

Newcastle will be taking a leaf out of our book.And I see this as an astute move before all the other "2nd class talent" is snapped up as there cannot be enough to go around for all of the clubs.

Re:Game Day Thread v Warriors 3 years 4 months ago #20276

• Tylooper
  • Thank you received: 197
Great crowd, great performance, great courage, great belief, great chance to win our 3rd premiership. I love this club.

Re:Game Day Thread v Warriors 3 years 4 months ago #20277

• hk panther
  • Thank you received: 2
Puss wrote:
....... Congratulations to Ivan Cleary and the Penrith Panthers for a magnificent season. Despite significant injuries every player that represented this club stood up to the challenges of NRL football. Best wishes for the final series but you've already won the admiration and support of a whole new audience of Panther faithful.

I couldn't agree more Puss. Wonderful whole club effort and regardless of what happens in the finals, this has been a very rewarding season for so many reasons. Congratulations to Gus and all those who work behind the scenes also for all they have done to support our brave and very talented team. Great times ahead.

Dare to dream boys. Three more wins and it will be truly a year to remember.

We will be cheering for you loud and proud over here in Hong Kong.

Re:Game Day Thread v Warriors 3 years 4 months ago #20278

• shazza
  • Thank you received: 162
At the beginning of the season I predicted that 2014 would be a big year for Matt Robinson but injury and an over-supply of imported backrowers conspired to keep the talented Kiwi in reserve grade and ostensibly out of sight. His Man of the Match performance last night, despite a few uncharacteristic handling errors early in the game, placed him back where he belongs, front and centre as the best ball playing edge runner in the club. Hopefully he has a get-out clause (since the departure of John Cartwright) in his Gold Coast contract because he’s too good to let go at this stage of his career. Apart from Bryce Cartwright he’s the only genuine ball-playing forward on the roster. His defense last night was outstanding.

Warriors’ supporters will be rightly disappointed with the pathetic effort their team put in. Ivan Cleary must be thanking his lucky stars he made the move to the foot of the mountain when he did because coaching the incredibly talented, perennially under achieving Warriors would have to be the most frustrating gig in the NRL.

Matt Moylan was probably MoM on most spectator's cards and it would be difficult to quibble with that assesment. Aptly supported by his two wingers, who both put in outstanding performances, he had a near faultless game at the back and was instrumental in a number of tries.

Soward had another great captain’s knock and again surprised with his tenacious defense.

Nigel Plum played big minutes and continually bent the line with his power-packed running and was resolute against the huge Warriors forwards with his uncompromising “take-no-prisoners” tackling.

Sica Manu has turned his lagging season around. He provided plenty of impact in the ruck and on the edges with his bulldozing running and brick-wall defense.

Work-a-holic backrower Lewis Brown was one of our best and appeared to revel in the opportunity to mix it with his former team mates. He mightn’t be the most talented footballer on the roster but what he lacks in skill and finesse, he more than makes up for with tenacity and sheer hard work.

James Segeyaro is right back to where he left off and come the finals, the 2 week break will probably have him sharper (if that’s possible) and fresher than he’s been all season.

The most notable feature of last nights game was the team work, not in attack but in defense. The hustling at the breakdown, the enthusiasm and determination shown in our on line defense and the relentless, swarming gang tackling was something to behold.

The Roosters will be a big ask but for a team that was supposed to finish on the edge of the 8 we’ve come too far to put the cue back in the rack just yet. One thing is for certain, there won’t be a single player in the 17 selected who won’t think we can beat them.

Shazza
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by shazza. Reason: correction

Re:Game Day Thread v Warriors 3 years 4 months ago #20282

• Kevin
  • Panthers Hate Parra
  • Thank you received: 187
Awesome TEAM effort

I heard a stat where we didn't have 1 error in the second half, that is unbelievable if true.

I agree with Shazza, everyone 1 of the 17 who took the field last night performed admirably and deserves the Kudo's being thrown there way.

I would be hard pressed not to give the 17 from last night the opportunity to play the Rorters, it will be interesting to see what IC does with Latimore back this week. Does he walk straight back in or do we keep TG and Anderson, who IMO played his best game last night. What were SA stats, he appeared to carve up the metres everytime he got the ball.

Happy Days Panther Fans :woohoo:

Re:Game Day Thread v Warriors 3 years 4 months ago #20286

I agree with Shazza.

Some observations from the Western stand. There was no way the crowd was only 13550 Seemed closer to 15-17k

I also thought Jamal was great in defence. I was very impressed with Will Smith's running game and that long 30 - 21 kick. First time back i thought Kite was good for us in defence, running game could use some work.

Was Matt Robinson really official MoM? I Iq'd the game but not the Fox central show after. Soward and Moylan were my choices of MoM.

Heard an interview with Latimore on 2KY this morning he said Grant was injured at half time so Kite played more minutes than expected. Lat's said he hopes Ivan gives him a chance this week because he's never played a first grade finals game before. Nor has Moylan, Mansour, DWZ, Smith, Robinson, not sure on Segeyaro, Anderson, BMM.

The extra experience earned in the next few weeks has got to help in the long term. Go you good things
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by North Shore Panther.

Re:Game Day Thread v Warriors 3 years 4 months ago #20305

• shazza
No, NSP he wasn't, he was just mine, I thought his contribution in both attack and defense was outstanding.
I'm pretty sure Matt Moylan will have topped most polls and you'd be hard pressed to argue with that selection.

Shazza
The following user(s) said Thank You   North Shore Panther

Re:Game Day Thread v Warriors 3 years 4 months ago #20306

• shazza
Interesting bit of trivia about Robinson: before he came to the Panthers he'd never played in a losing finals team.

Shazza

Game Day Thread v Warriors 3 years 4 months ago #20309

• Ross
  • Thank you received: 353
Great night last night. The atmosphere was superb.

Loved the way that players like Sowie, Lewie Brown and Josh Mansour were playing up to the supporters in the Eastern Stand to 'raise the roof'. Fantastic interaction between the players and crowd.

It was simply a great night for us supporters of this team of bit's 'n pieces type players who are all following the coaches game plan to the letter.

Regardless of how far we go in this finals series 2014 has been nothing but a brilliant season for the Panthers and the fans.

When you think that had we won the 2 matches that we lost against the wooden spooner's we would have finished as Minor Premiers - but all clubs would have their own 'what if' moments but it does demonstrate just how consistent the Panthers have been this year with so much talent watching on from the sideline.

This year is not over for us yet but already I cant wait for 2015 to roll around.
"To be a Penrith Panther is an honour. A privilege ... we don't just let any bastard in." - Dave Applebee