Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Finals Game Day v Roosters

Finals Game Day v Roosters 3 years 4 months ago #20398

• Steve Tidball
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
This is the place.
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Steve Tidball.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Finals Game Day v Roosters 3 years 4 months ago #20402

• Bruce
  • Thank you received: 20
Good luck, boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finals Game Day v Roosters 3 years 4 months ago #20403

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 259
...... nerves. We look tentative.

Stuff 'em , they're human just like us. Remember what got you this far. Complete your sets, be patient and you'll match these 'featherdicks'.

Go Panthers, go.

Finals Game Day v Roosters 3 years 4 months ago #20404

Awesome Panthers. Great work Jamie. Well done to all the players!

Finals Game Day v Roosters 3 years 4 months ago #20405

• Misty02
We'll done panthers!!

Great way to finish the game :)

Finals Game Day v Roosters 3 years 4 months ago #20406

• Puss
...... we played to the end, the end came, we were victorious.

Damn fine team we have here.

Rejoice, celebrate but above all support this wonderful team we have to represent us.
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Puss.

Finals Game Day v Roosters 3 years 4 months ago #20407

wow,what a game........I'm still shaking.

Take that chooks & Brett Finch, a bit of unbiased commentary would be good

LP

Finals Game Day v Roosters 3 years 4 months ago #20408

• Old Dog
  • Thank you received: 3
So proud of what the boys and Ivan Cleary achieved today, what a champiom team. No matter what happens from here, its been a great season.

Re:Finals Game Day v Roosters 3 years 4 months ago #20409

• Dal
God that feels good!!!! especially beating the feathercocks how good is that!
What a team we never gave up forget SBW we have DWZ
Congrats to Ivan Cleary and the club what they have achieved in the last couple of years massive effort

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finals Game Day v Roosters 3 years 4 months ago #20411

• hk panther
  • Thank you received: 2
Fantastic win by our courageous "game hardened" team. Love the spirit and determination of all the boys. Looking to book some tickets home with my 8 year old son (who can only be described as a die-hard Panther supporter) and am trying to work out when and where our Grand final qualifier will be. Hoping it is at Stadium Australia on Sat 27th or Sun 28th Sept . Anyone got any idea?

Finals Game Day v Roosters 3 years 4 months ago #20414

• Tylooper
  • Thank you received: 197
I've been to all of the big games Penrith has played and this ranks right up there with the best. The atmosphere in bays 37 and 38 was phenomenal and everyone who attended and cheered for the team all night, should be proud of themselves. Clear your diaries to do the same in 2 weeks time.

What can you say about this Penrith side? There have been so many reason's for this year to go up in smoke, yet, we sit one game from the Grand Final. I doubt that I have ever seen a Penrith side with so much heart as the 2014 version. Full credit to Ivan, Jamie and every single player that has contributed to getting our team to this point of the season, and with so much still to play for.

Poetic justice played out tonight. A few weeks ago, the cocky East's fans gave it to Jamie in spades. Again tonight, they thought they'd give him more stick........30 seconds to go and he buried them. Onya Jamie!
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley, hivnoh holova, Pomoz, HillsPanther, Spaz McKenzie, Anthony

Finals Game Day v Roosters 3 years 4 months ago #20417

• Pantheranne
  • Thank you received: 6
Congrats boys on a gutsy effort. Loved the never say die attitude and how every team member gave 110% across the park. Stirring stuff. The crowd last night was magnificent especially Bays 37& 38. They never gave up and encouraged the boys all the way. Great job. One minor disappointment for me is that the team could have acknowledged the support shown by their fans after the game (most of whom will not have a voice today, me included). Kudos to Jamal and Jamie who did.
Go the Panthers.

Finals Game Day v Roosters 3 years 4 months ago #20418

• Puss
..... who's next, who are we likely to play?

Finals Game Day v Roosters 3 years 4 months ago #20419

• Misty02
We verse who ever wins between Melbourne/Bulldogs vs Eagles

Finals Game Day v Roosters 3 years 4 months ago #20420

• Darren
  • Thank you received: 13
Honesty test for everyone.
Did anyone else bubble up?
Good....Good let the butthurt flow through you.
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley

Finals Game Day v Roosters 3 years 4 months ago #20421

• hivnoh holova
  • Celebrating 40 Years as a Penrith tragic !
  • Thank you received: 114
It was something special to be part of Bay 38 last night, it was truly amazing to hear a Penrith crowd like that. It was like a force had rolled down from the mountains! It was amazing at how many Penrith jerseys were at the ground.

What we as a club are achieving defies belief. With nine potential first graders out last night there are all the excuses under the sun as to why this team could have folded, away from home against the Premiers/Minor Premiers, if there was any mental weakness or lack of belief in our team. However, that's just not the case with this team who are just so focussed on getting the job done and turning up for each other.. This isn't the most talented side we've had (due to injuries) but it would have to be close to the most mentally tough side we've ever put out in 47 years.

My highlight of the game was a tackle made by Jamal in scramble defence on our line, gee the big fella can move when he wants to.

Watching Jamie Soward enjoy his footy with us is also a true joy, a story of redemption that illustrates how wisely our club is now run.

Matt Moylan is not a future super star of the game, he already is. His growth as a footballer this year has truly been phenomenal and the sky is the limit for this young man. A very smart move by the club to extend his contract this week !

The best thing about all of this is that last nights win was built on the substantial club culture that Ivan and Gus have built in the last few years and so last night is only the beginning of a period of long period of success.

Proud and excited to be a Panther !
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley, Pomoz, Tylooper, Ross, Spaz McKenzie

Finals Game Day v Roosters 3 years 4 months ago #20422

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 205
Unbeleivable!!!

I'm willing to concede that I was wrong about 8 weeks ago when I thought we were gone after losing Wallace & Peachey for the season. The culture & structures that Gus & Ivan have built at the club has us on the verge of emulating the Broncos of the 90s, with regular finals appearances & premierships, with a regular procession of rep players & an aura of invincibility around the club. A great time to be a Panthers fan, and a fitting reward for all of us who stuck it out through the tough years we have experienced since 03/4.

I woke up feeling a bit dusty yesterday morning, and if I hadn't been holding the tickets for 7 mates who live an hour away from me, I possibly would have stayed in & watched in the comfort of my own home. Probably a Godsend that I was holding those 7 tickets, as I would have missed out on one of the greatest experiences of my life.

From the time I got to the Entertainment Quarter parking & bumped into another Panthers supporting mate, I started to get excited. Meeting up with a good number of Panthers fans, some who I already knew, others I didn't, at PJ Gallaghers. Having a few good laughs amongst us. Catching up with a mate I hadn't seen in over a year, due to circumstances in his life. Marching off as a group, chanting & waving flags, as we headed towards the stadium. Awesome atmosphere building all the way. Get into the ground & the atmosphere was electric. Plenty of Panthers fans, all pumped up & ready for a big game.

I said to a mate earlier that we needed to stay with them for the first 20, and make sure we didn't beat ourselves in that time. That was exactly what we did, and as time wore on, I could see our confidence growing & them starting to get frustrated.

Going in at halftime 6-4 down, I thought was fair reflection of the first half. Nothing between the two teams, with us standing up to them & not allowing them to bully us out of the game.

When they came out & scored early in the 2nd half, to take the 12-4 lead, I was still confident that we were in the game.

Drawing level later, I could sense that the game was ours, but Pearce's try with 6 mins left dented my confidence a little.

That was until DWZ's piece of magic, to get a seemingly impossible ball around Minichiello for Whare to ground. Soward's sideline conversion again gave me confidence that we had the game in the bag, although I was still fearing going to Golden Point & getting duped by a bad call, or Roosters getting a field goal before we touched the ball.

Then the final piece of magic - Soward's field goal to seal it with 5 secs left. The atmosphere as the ball sailed over the crossbar, was like nothing I have experienced at a Panthers game. High fives & hugs all around. Belting out "Go the Mighty Panthers". As the mate sitting next to me said "You'd pay $1,000 for this experience". Couldn't agree more.

I'm so pumped for the Grand Final Qualifier in 2 weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed that we will be playing Manly (revenge for round 25 would be sweet), although I am doubting they will have the cattle to make it through next week.

Thank you to all my fellow Panther fans for making last night such a great experience. We are on the verge of a new, exciting era, and we should all enjoy the ride as much as possible.
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by mutley.
The following user(s) said Thank You   hivnoh holova, Tylooper, Ross, Spaz McKenzie

Finals Game Day v Roosters 3 years 4 months ago #20423

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 205
Interesting fact:

Last night was the first finals game we have won that the SFS/Allianz since we won the premiership in 1991!!!
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by mutley.

Finals Game Day v Roosters 3 years 4 months ago #20424

• Dufeyz
  • Thank you received: 44
When Sowie kicked that field goal, the roar from bay 38 was incredible. It was the kind of noise, so loud u can't hear your own voice. We finally have a team we can be proud of. The boys have defied all of the so called experts all year long.

Such an awesome time to be a Panthers supporter.
The following user(s) said Thank You   Tylooper

Finals Game Day v Roosters 3 years 4 months ago #20425

• Tylooper
  • Thank you received: 197
Darren wrote:
Honesty test for everyone.
Did anyone else bubble up?

If that means, have a tear in the eye........you betcha. When you support an unfashionable team like Penrith and success isn't something you are lucky enough to contend with every year, it bonds you closer to what those 17 blokes on the park are trying to do for themselves and us.
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley, hivnoh holova, kyussian

Finals Game Day v Roosters 3 years 4 months ago #20426

• Steve Tidball
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
A special mention to Ivan Cleary. This man has done spectacularly well at this club. If somebody were to say to most of us in the 'Elliott Era' that the Panthers would be one game away from a Grand Final berth in 2014, you would be met with a certain level of skepticism (if not laughed at).

Regardless of what happens from this moment this season is a resounding success and has smashed through the ceiling of fans expectations so early on in Ivan Cleary's tenure. From the players he has recruited, the personal he has put in place, and the development our local junior base, it is nothing short of phenomenal.

The Panthers have moved from being a yo-yo club to a club that many opponents are fearing, or underestimating to their own peril (eg: Roosters). The players play with purpose, dedication, and heart. Nothing seems to be out of their grasp, and one by the one those who write the Panthers off fall silent.

We will win it this year? I can't see why not, but even if we don't it will be a season to remember, burned in our memories. This game will be remembered by Panther fan long after the memory has faded by most rugby league fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley, hivnoh holova, Ross, Dufeyz

Finals Game Day v Roosters 3 years 4 months ago #20427

• Dufeyz
I believe. Penrith can go all the way and win the grand final. They can do it. We are now arguably on the easier side of the draw now. (doesnt really mean anything).

Lets cheer on the Bulldogs, Manly and storm to bash each other senseless, get suspended, and have season-ending injuries.

Just watched the replay again. Its just so amazing. Someone needs to send like a #Believe or something.

They get a week off now, which is perfect for me with university assignments all due. haha.

They can go all the way.

For our home semi, i hope the fans come out of everywhere to support Penrith. They are out there, they just need to #believe too! :D

Finals Game Day v Roosters 3 years 4 months ago #20428

• shazza
  • Thank you received: 162
What home semi?

Shazza

Finals Game Day v Roosters 3 years 4 months ago #20429

• Dufeyz
home final* we should get one? at ANZ?

Finals Game Day v Roosters 3 years 4 months ago #20430

• Goonji
  • Thank you received: 33
Was in Bay 37 with my son amongst predominantly Panther supporters. What a night, what a game, what a great atmosphere. Fantastic effort by the Panthers, so proud of our team. Hard to believe we are 1 game away from another grand final.
  • Page: