Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R13 Panthers v Storm Game Day Thread

R13 Panthers v Storm Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22175

• Steve Tidball
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
This is the place.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

R13 Panthers v Storm Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22176

what ever the result tonight..

i just hope the scans on Monday reveal that the injuries we suffer are not as serious as first thought.

R13 Panthers v Storm Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22177

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
  • Thank you received: 108
My other hope is that the next player to receive an injury causes hundreds of fans on facebook to once again comment about how unlucky we are with injuries, because years of shock injury crisis's is just down to luck and has absolutely nothing to do with how we handle certain fitness aspects at the club, but hey, let's just cross our fingers and hope it doesn't happen again next season.

R13 Panthers v Storm Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22179

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 259
...... Piss poor Panthers. 5 year plan.....must be a leap year.

R13 Panthers v Storm Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22180

if you cant see the game and need an update...

picture this...

Re-Imagine Penrith under Elliott, with Walsh, Burns, Newton, Ciraldo, Purtell et al....

...but less potent in attack.
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley, panthermike

R13 Panthers v Storm Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22181

• Puss
...... they're actually as bad as Kimmorley's making out. :sick:

R13 Panthers v Storm Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22182

My under 12's have more ability and ticker then this mob.......that half was just embarrassing

R13 Panthers v Storm Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22183

I think this is the most inept performance I've ever seen from any first grade side in at least 10 years.

wow

R13 Panthers v Storm Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22184

Wallace wasnt considered a first grader at the Bronco's....

91 was an aberration

03 was an aberration

14 was an aberration

the tradition remains alive.

it was a fun thought in March, to be considered a 'premiership heavyweight'

R13 Panthers v Storm Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22185

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
For anyone who somehow didn't realise, my previous comment reeked of the highest amount of sarcasm imaginable.

If i was the club, i'd immediately call for an investigation into our facilities, our training regime and anything else that could have caused us to have these amount of injuries occurring over a long period of time.I say this because our injuries have literally crippled us to the point that we had to lose the way we did.

Or, we could just keep perceiving it as bad luck and link hands in a circle and continue singing kumbaya, whilst 'hoping' for the injury free season that will only remain in your dreams if you keep thinking it's just because of 'bad luck'.
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Steve Tidball.

R13 Panthers v Storm Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22186

• TalentScout
  • Thank you received: 82
I paid hard earnt cash to watch that??
Again.. "What a waste of money"....

People around us started chanting "give us our money back"....
Then called for a field goal with a minute 30 on the clock..
1st grade football?? No-where near it!
Embarrassing!

Oh!! The drums in the black hole sounded good..

R13 Panthers v Storm Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22187

• TalentScout
  • Thank you received: 82
Ps: Our ruck speed is woeful in both attack and defence..

last week we were dominated around the ruck for the opening 20 (and were down 14 nil).. This week we were dominated around the ruck for 80 (and lost 20 nil).. Seems to coincide with Nigel plums absence...??
Not consistent? I see consistency right there..

R13 Panthers v Storm Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22188

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 205
Woeful performance.

We need to learn to not push passes when they are not on, especially in our own half. Take the tackle & play the ball. You need to set up a scoring play, not try to create one on every single play.

Defending on our own line, we are waiting for the opposition to come to us, rather than moving up on them. It is a lot easier to stop a player when you are moving forward & 3m out, than flat footed & standing on your line.
The following user(s) said Thank You   Lismore Panther

R13 Panthers v Storm Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22189

• mr walker
  • Thank you received: 129
Someone asked last week when last we played for 80' - I really can't remember. We are playing a poor brand of football & have relied on 1 or 2 players to somehow win us a game or two. Unfortunately they weren't there and anyway, it is not a formula for on-going success.

I have been supportive of IC, but to me the Elliott mentality has returned - we have got smashed up front the last two weeks, with opposition defence able to compress and with good line speed, be able to gang tackle us as we just run 1 out. A 5/8 who doesn't pass the ball - good selection there DH. That said, I'm sure IC didn't tell our guys to drop the ball at every opportunity.

Storm are a shadow of the team they once were as eventually they have to have a roster within the cap. The second half was as poor an excuse of RL as you could see, from both teams.

Elijah Taylor was again walking after 5'??

How did we not score on the intercept??

Best for us were RCG, Segy & old man Pastor.

NSP asked me if Merrin was going to make a difference next year. NO! We didn't need another backrower, we need a playmaker at half.

Over to you IC.

R13 Panthers v Storm Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22190

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
Deja vu, but once again i can't help but bring up our fans' terrible display last night.

We literally have the quietest fan base in the NRL.Last week the loudest Penrith fans i heard were a bunch of senior primary school girls booing the Parra players whilst swinging from side to side under the poles that go up the walkway into the seats, this week the loudest i heard was another primary school student, this time a boy, booing Melbourne as they came out whilst he ate an snack bar that is most common at schools.This is mainly directed to the 'facebook fans', before you do equal to/better than this, or at the very least show up to matches despite the previous result, you have absolutely no right to say anything, the only people who can say anything are the people who regularly go to the games, or at least went to the game last night, so if you're one of the people who fits this description, shut up.

Onto the subject of Merrin, he isn't a backrower, he plays in the middle like 99% of other props, he will play in the 8 or 10 jersey next year.

Small rumour gaining a bit of traction that we will sign Moa from the Roosters for next year, i like this rumour.I like it a lot.

At least we defended better in the second half by one hundred fold, shown a little bit of promise that we can repel the refs rubbish of how we can only stay in the ruck for a split second compared to the other team's times of five-ten seconds.

Oh well, onto to next week...

Wait, what do you mean we have to endure another week with that performance fresh in our minds? :(

R13 Panthers v Storm Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22191

• Tylooper
  • Thank you received: 197
We have lost the ability to get the ball over the advantage line. I'm not a stats person but I doubt there would be 1 forward in the past 2 games that has run for 100m. When you don't go forward, you start to go sideways and last night was an example of this. Where has the hard running off the quick play the ball gone? Chicko has no chance to dominate when we are so slow getting off the ground.

I will not be surprised if we've seen the last of Docker in a first grade jumper. His hands are still like feet and I'd expect a lock forward to play more minutes. He was on the sideline after 20. That should be saved for the big boys up front, not a bloke put in the side to tackle all night.

I would be seriously considering Kieran Moss for the next match. DWZ is a great young player but he is not creative enough for the number 1 jumper. It's time for Blake to go back to NSW Cup for a few weeks and build on his game. He needs to work on his hands.

On a bright note, I think the club has uncovered a good one in NYC. Sam Elwin is a skinny thing but he is someone I've been very impressed with in the last few weeks.

R13 Panthers v Storm Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22193

• bab
  • Thank you received: 14
I believe the coach must take a lot of heat here ,how do you explain when you lose Soward and Moylan our 2 options for points and Docker gets a start over Cartwright and brown .where did he think the points were coming ?

R13 Panthers v Storm Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22194

• panthermike
  • Thank you received: 10
We played another team into form.

R13 Panthers v Storm Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22195

• Puss
.... we should of seen this coming. For the second year running a close-knit group decimated with injury. I think they are shot mentally. The coaching staff have a real job on they're hands getting this mob up for the contest. Belong, believe ? Maybe this is where the fans can help. Are we up for it? Now that's the question!

R13 Panthers v Storm Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22196

• shazza
  • Thank you received: 162
Apart from Nigel Plum or Brent Kite, I can't imagine a single player on our roster I'd least like to see at 5/8 than Tyrone Peachey. He's a great competitor and a terrific broken field runner, when the opposition forwards begin to tire, but unfortunately his actual football ability is well below the level of confidence he has in that ability and consequently he elects to run, more often than not, when he should pass. Definitely not the sort of player you want as your primary link man. His failure to pass early cost us a certain try when he made the intercept with an unmarked DWZ on his outside and ruined at least another 3 or 4 other promising attacking plays when we had numbers but no delivery.
Unless Will Smith has a serious injury that I haven't heard about, it beggars belief that he wasn't an automatic selection in the pivot role. Even Cartwright, for all his faults, would have been a far more sensible choice.
Shazza

R13 Panthers v Storm Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22197

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 205
Probably a bit hard on Peachey, there are still several other players that would be behind him for 5/8 (most other forwards apart from Cartwright & possibly Brown).

Koroisau is out injured at the moment, but we still had Smith, John, Scarlett & Davis all playing NSW Cup. The only reason I can see for not bringing one of them up into first grade, would be not wanting to dent their confidence too much against one of the better teams.

The only other option on the night was Cartwright, and I would have preferred to see him at 5/8, with Peachey coming off the bench.

R13 Panthers v Storm Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22199

• Kevin
  • Panthers Hate Parra
  • Thank you received: 187
The fact that we weren't "ready" for that is the most concerning thing, I mean anyone with half a brain will tell you that when Melbourne get touched up one week, the next week is a premiership performance.

Blake - Back to reggies
Docker - Time to look elsewhere pal, since your shoulder injury, you've become a jersey filler, not a 1st grader.
DWZ - Massive learning curve, your playing the Storm, protect the pill at all times because they will have hands all over it

Shazza, I'm with you, what has Will Smith done wrong? Why the hell, after last years effort isn't this kid getting his chance?

The sad part is, we can't even argue the refereeing decisions, we weren't in the contest........ever.

R13 Panthers v Storm Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22200

Luke Walsh ran to the line and engaged defenders more than Wallace does.
The following user(s) said Thank You   Pomoz

R13 Panthers v Storm Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22201

• Kevin
  • Panthers Hate Parra
  • Thank you received: 187
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll just swim past that lure thanks :whistle:

R13 Panthers v Storm Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22202

• Goonji
  • Thank you received: 33
I went to both the Parra game and the Storm game. I felt we could have beat the Eels but dropped ball and missed opportunity killed that. Even after Moylan went off I thought we were a chance. Against the Storm we had nothing, so many errors so little thought in attack. Not having Moylan and Soward didn't help but geez we were poor. I recall Ivan saying a week or so ago he was concerned about our attack. He must be having nightmares at the moment. If only we could put our best team on the paddock most weeks.