Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R15 Bulldogs v Panthers Game Day Thread

R15 Bulldogs v Panthers Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22252

• Steve Tidball
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
This is the place

Just the two games today in the Telstra Premiership and the Holden Cup. The NSW Cup side takes a rest with a Bye this week.

NRL: Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs v Penrith Panthers @ ANZ Stadium - Saturday 20/6/2015 7:30pm
NYC: Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs v Penrith Panthers @ ANZ Stadium - Saturday 20/6/2015 5:15pm
NSW: Penrith Panthers BYE
The administrator has disabled public write access.

R15 Bulldogs v Panthers Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22253

• Dufeyz
  • Thank you received: 44
Very important game. I reckon if we don't win tonight our season will be over. I cant see us beating souths twice, then roosters and storm again. Also, without dropping a couple of games against raiders, Dragons, tigers etc.

It would also be an important win for confidence reasons. They have just gone away and come back. If they win it should give them some belief.

R15 Bulldogs v Panthers Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22254

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
  • Thank you received: 108
Ah, yes, the weekly bad luck injury generator, also known as game day.

If we play to our best there is no doubt that we will win, even without Moylan considering they won't have Hodkinson and Morris(don't remember which one it was, maybe even both) playing tonight.

Lots of kicks on third and fourth tackles early on into the corners are necessary, turn their big forwards around and then hopefully the officials will actually penalise the opposing team for messing around in the ruck more than us because they realise they are trying to get their breath back.

Lose tonight and we go to 5-8, win and we go to 6-7, with Tigers to play next week.Beat them and we go to 7-7, with the dream of us winning our third title this year still kicking.

If we lose, we will start looking forward to next season due to our bad luck with injuries, like we did in 2014...and in 2013...and in 2012...until every Penrith fan on this planet effectively blows their head off after realising, in a quick turn of events, we're coincidentally in the exact same position next season.

Please win.

R15 Bulldogs v Panthers Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22256

With Wallace in and Moylan out, our backline is going to look very slow and predicable.

Also, our inability to generate any sort of consistency in our goal line defense is a serious worry.

this will be a long night.

R15 Bulldogs v Panthers Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22257

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
Api is starting, Chicko to the bench with Manu dropping out of the team.Cartwright to start.

Interesting.

R15 Bulldogs v Panthers Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22258

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
Halftime: Bulldogs 12 - Penrith 6

Two early Canterbury tries cancelled out by Penrith's unconscious middle finger at structured attacking plays, along with Reynolds being binned for being Reynolds, has had even the neutral fan scratching their head.

Bring on the next half.

R15 Bulldogs v Panthers Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22259

• benos
  • Thank you received: 49
Ahh Penrith of old. Kill any chance of scoring, and then gift them tries. Seriously is Waqa Blake allergic to scoring?

R15 Bulldogs v Panthers Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22260

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
Segeyaro off with a leg injury.

Damn bad luck!

derpy deeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrppppppppp.

R15 Bulldogs v Panthers Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22261

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
Fulltime: (don't want to post score) - Actually starting to tear up.

I thought it was bad luck before the season started, but the injuries have made us give up.

And they'd have to be enormous considering we have Cleary as coach.

So much promise and hope of winning a title this year, well and truly gone now.

And the worst part is that when we think the injury crisis is over next season, its going to happen again and again like groundhog day, until rugby league itself is dead and buried.

This is literally the worst type of year a club in any sport could have considering the circumstances.

This season never happened, its 2014, we play Tigers next week, hoping to get our sixth win out of the last seven games.

Looking forward to tuning into the delayed coverage of the 3pm game at 4pm on sunday!

R15 Bulldogs v Panthers Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22262

• panthermike
  • Thank you received: 10
He is NOT a fullback.....................you know who I mean.

R15 Bulldogs v Panthers Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22263

• Anthony
  • Thank you received: 12
I'm not too unhappy. The Bulldogs were on their game tonight and we gave them a run for their money. We never gave up and, with a bit of luck, could have been in it at the end. You don't need to be a master coach to see they were going side to side too much in attack. Maybe the plan was to run the bulldogs forwards around but it was no coincidence that when Api straightened things up and delivered a short ball to cartwright running straight, he strolled through to score.

The future looks bright given the talent from our premiership winning under 20's that are establishing themselves in first grade. That said i'd love to know where our future halves are going to come from. Wallace and Soward aren't asking any questions in attack. We're relying on offloads to create attacking opportunities because our halves don't take on the line.....where have I seen that before??

R15 Bulldogs v Panthers Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22264

• mr walker
  • Thank you received: 129
On my :( :( :(

Can't help thinking we are in the twilight zone & Elliott is back in the seat. Walshy, hurry back, all is forgiven :) It's not all Wally's fault of course, but we offer very little in attack.......... we all know that right. But we don't count as we didn't have the last two weeks to come up with..... nothing.

Carty was good. I thought Yeo did well. The cougar used the silicone spray on our hands again.

Taylor was walking after 5mins - I think I may have said that after the last two games?? He did make one long run

Ah well, there's always next week

R15 Bulldogs v Panthers Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22265

• Rabbit
  • Thank you received: 60
Every league follower knows the teams with the least team changes go the best by the seasons end. Continuity is the key. We would be better off if we lost players for the whole season and have their replacement play the remainder of the year. That sort of happened to us last year. But this year the team has been put through a blender. Players in and then out, in and out.
People on this site have been saying it's typical Penrith and it is !!! But this time it has nothing to do with team management unlike other years. This year and last year it's just been brutal luck. But we all should be used to it as Panther supporters, this club just can't catch a break.
Note 1. We have only won one game since the beginning of May - beat Manly by one point - we are in way more trouble than our ladder position would suggest.
Note 2. I watched Blake in the lower grades drop about three balls a game on average over the last couple of years, he is a football DRONGO.
Note 3. They may have to put Cartright at 5/8 - Something I don't know.

R15 Bulldogs v Panthers Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22266

• Dufeyz
Waqa blake. maayyyttteeee. How many times do you need to miss out on scoring because you're holding the ball in your right hand. People accusing sowie of not 'showing anything in attack' is kind of bullshit. He set up two tries for Blake who couldnt complete them because he is basically playing on the wrong side.

If it were any other player, they would have been dropped. Fortunately, mansour is supposed to be back next week. If mansour was on that wing, i reckon we probably win.

If he returns to the field in form, it will help us heaps. These injuries are fucked. I know some of us say it is just bad luck, but how can it consistently happen for the last 4 years. What are the chances of that? I guess it coincides with the players that we have signed. But maybe its just the strength and conditioning. i really don't know. Has anyone discovered a reason besides Bad Luck? If you flip a coin, there is a 50/50 chance. By calling these injuries bad luck is like saying you flip a coin once a week and it has landed on heads 12 weeks in a row.

ARGHHHH!

Our season is well and truly gone unless we can do a cowboys and find form. But i doubt that will happen.

R15 Bulldogs v Panthers Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22267

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 205
That game tonight pretty much summed up our season - nothing doing here!!!

Our attack is pretty much non-existent, with no one really testing the defence, and our insistence on making sure the ball goes through 200 sets of hands before we try to do anything with it.

As I said to a mate at the game - we make more metres going side to side, than all other 15 clubs combined :P

I have the feeling the remainder of this season is going to be very painful to watch.

Might book an overseas holiday for September this year :P

R15 Bulldogs v Panthers Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22268

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
I was waiting for someone to point that out, thank the rugby league gods someone finally did, Dufeyz you are my hero.

2014 and 2015 aren't the only years we've endured an injury crisis, in fact it goes on for even longer than that, i remember our last truly good luck season with injuries as people with tinfoil hats would put it, was probably as far back as 2010.Even though it came with an insane number of injuries in the finals(Lewis, Petero and etc), that season wasn't marred by that many injuries.It was one of the reasons why we finished 2nd(that and a lot of top teams from the previous season having their bad luck season).

2011, 2012 and 2013 were all pretty bad in terms of injuries, the only reason why they weren't noted as much was because it wasn't our main excuse for not doing that well, unlike this year and last year, where by far our main problem was the amount of injuries we were getting.

Our squad not being as good back then doesn't hide the fact that our injuries aren't this tinfoil hat bad luck nonsense everyone goes on about, its certainly deeper.

The only question would be what logical explanation would excuse how we've experienced this amount of injuries for a time frame branching over almost half a dozen seasons?

Maybe this season wasn't for nothing, maybe now the club will finally get dirty and, as a member of this forum said a few months ago, put a bullet in the temple of these injuries once and for all.

R15 Bulldogs v Panthers Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22269

• Griggsy
  • Thank you received: 22
Can't knock the boys for their effort, it is their structure that is the issue. It seems like they don't train for when we are inside the other teams 20.

i don't know another team that has as many lower limb issues as we do. Are the trainers doing something wrong or is it just bad luck? Is it worth having a look at Ronnie's injury toll from past clubs? Might be a trend there.

WTF Lewis Brown. I thought he would have been a priority to stay. Can't help but thinking this has something to do with Trent Barrett possibly moving there next year or the fact that Ivan was seen having a long conversation with Manly officials a few weeks a go.

On a positive note, how good are our young players - Cartwright, RCG and DWZ did not stop trying. Regi gave as good as he got against a massive Bulldog pack and Cartwright is inspirational. Not sure why he doesn't get more game time.

R15 Bulldogs v Panthers Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22270

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 259
..... pretty disappointing. I can't see us making any significant impact on the final series this year, we're not playing well enough.

R15 Bulldogs v Panthers Game Day Thread 2 years 7 months ago #22271

• Dufeyz
Just want to add that it's like flipping a coin and getting heads 13 times in a row now. Lol. I really wish the media would put some pressure on the teams strength and conditioning so we can get to the bottom of this.

R15 Bulldogs v Panthers Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22272

• panthermike
Lucky us...one more loss and we own the 'spoon'.........for and against

Re:R15 Bulldogs v Panthers Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22273

• Dal
We r in massive trouble going down by 12 points early in the last few games then trying to play catch up all game this gives us no hope of building a game plan at all.
We offer nothing in attack besides some brilliance from our best player on the field Cartwright.
DWZ tries hard all game I just prefer him at centre or wing in this stage of his career but maybe he just needs a little more time he his only young.
I can't see a late charge for the finals this year I can't believe we have won as many as we had without a halves pairing all year and Moylans a Huge loss he sets up more tries and saves more games then any fullback in the comp
Pretty frustrating year to say the least

R15 Bulldogs v Panthers Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22275

the horse has bolted, shut the gate, everybody go home.

R15 Bulldogs v Panthers Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22277

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 259
...... it's not all bad news, the club still has till June 30 to upgrade their medical insurance. :S

R15 Bulldogs v Panthers Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22280

• Dufeyz
At least with the team playing like shit this forum may pick up again lol.

R15 Bulldogs v Panthers Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22283

• panthermike
Can I say it again,,,,we played another team into form..[or at least ended their losing run] Teams on a losing streak must look forward to playing us. Who,s next oh the Tigers at Balmain. great!!!!!