Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: R17 Panthers v Rabbitohs Game Day Thread

R17 Panthers v Rabbitohs Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22385

• Steve Tidball
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
This is the place.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

R17 Panthers v Rabbitohs Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22386

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
  • Thank you received: 108

R17 Panthers v Rabbitohs Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22388

• TalentScout
  • Thank you received: 82
Just made a bet with my bunnies mate....

If he loses, I get to wash my car with his Souths Jersey.
If I win, he has to take me fishing!!

He replied. " you're on"..

Haha... Sucker!!! There's no reference to him winning or me losing!! Bahaha :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley

R17 Panthers v Rabbitohs Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22390

Just heard Mansour out, injured his knee could be 4 weeks!
Massive loss for us... Not so confident of a win tonight now

R17 Panthers v Rabbitohs Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22391

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
Hahaha funny me thinking we'd have the same team two weeks in a row.

Mansour out for the next four weeks with a knee injury.

The people saying this is all down to luck and protecting the conditioning/training unit could have defended OJ.

Yeo and Blake vs Reddy and Walker should be interesting.

R17 Panthers v Rabbitohs Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22392

• box57l
  • Thank you received: 10
Bryce has well and truly arrived

R17 Panthers v Rabbitohs Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22393

• Pomoz
  • Thank you received: 204
box57l wrote:
Bryce has well and truly arrived
Jesus, I thought he would step into a phone box and put on a cape! I don't think I have ever seen a Penrith forward with as much skill. Round the corner passes like Uncle John? Pah! Child's play. How about banana kicks to the full back, and flick passes at full speed onto the chest of your centre.

193m and 33 tackles. Shazza, your bagging him has done the trick. He has turned into a superstar.

R17 Panthers v Rabbitohs Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22394

• Pomoz
  • Thank you received: 204
Our back row will be nightmare for the opposition next year. Cartwright and Merrin, dancing, passing and tackle breaking demons. The centres should have a field day.

R17 Panthers v Rabbitohs Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22395

• Goonji
  • Thank you received: 33
Excellent win by the Panthers. Really controlled the game well and didn't give the Bunnies a sniff. Particularly good performance after backing up from a good win last week. If we dont get anymore injuries I think we will go from strength to strength. Not making bold predictions but feeling a bit more confident for a strong end to the year.

R17 Panthers v Rabbitohs Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22396

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
If we play like that we can beat any team, granted we at least have both of our starting halves.

Special mention to Blake.Praise is rightly being thrown at DWZ, Wallace, forwards and etc but Blake has certainly shown signs of improvement.Tougher defence and is charging at the defence without offloading more often.He also got a try after it went to video ref! :woohoo:

How good was our defence, only one try conceded and it was possibly the most flukiest try in the history of mankind with Joel Reddy of all people making Earl's try against Canberra in 2010(even though they don't resemble each other at all) look like child's play.We've only conceded three tries in the last two games, all three coincidentally coming from grubber like kicks.

Our record is 7-8 now.With Roosters(h) and Storm(a) before we take on Canberra(h).

That chance i mentioned after the Tigers game is slightly brighter now.

Slightly.

R17 Panthers v Rabbitohs Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22397

• TalentScout
  • Thank you received: 82
Glory glory to the PANTHERS!!
Glory glory to the PANTHERS!!
Glory glory to the PANTHERS!
The PANTHERS marching on!! :cheer:

R17 Panthers v Rabbitohs Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22399

• Dufeyz
  • Thank you received: 44
Panther Jack wrote:

Slightly.

Raiders and dragons have been good this year. I think our next 2 games are must wins for the context of our season. We should beat a tired roosters side at home, then come up against the Storm without slater. Last time we played them we were terrible, I can't see us playing that bad again this year. If we do get away with those 2 games it will put us at 9 and 8. Right now it would appear the cut off may be 30 points by the end of the year. Hopefully the current 5-8 teams go on a bit of a losing run so we can find safety in the top 8.

If we show the form were capable of for the rest of the year, we could still end up in the top 4.

R17 Panthers v Rabbitohs Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22400

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 259
........ a strong committed win, I enjoyed that. B)

R17 Panthers v Rabbitohs Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22401

• Panther182
  • Thank you received: 14
Good solid win. They looked a more confident side this week and played hard and fast for the whole 80 mins.

Hope this is the start of a winning streak.

Shame about Mansour though he just cant get going this year must e frustrating as hell for him.

R17 Panthers v Rabbitohs Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22402

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
Dufeyz wrote:
Panther Jack wrote:

Slightly.

Raiders and dragons have been good this year. I think our next 2 games are must wins for the context of our season. We should beat a tired roosters side at home, then come up against the Storm without slater. Last time we played them we were terrible, I can't see us playing that bad again this year. If we do get away with those 2 games it will put us at 9 and 8. Right now it would appear the cut off may be 30 points by the end of the year. Hopefully the current 5-8 teams go on a bit of a losing run so we can find safety in the top 8.

If we show the form were capable of for the rest of the year, we could still end up in the top 4.

Won't the Roosters come off a bye or are you talking about their origin players?Considering it's the decider and it's in another state, i'm not sure they will be able to back it up just three days later on a cold Penrith night.

Cordner, Guerra, Pearce, Jennings and Tupou are all playing and even if they do back-up, they won't be 100% or near it in my opinion.

Huge chance to make it three in a row, we shouldn't underestimate them but it is indeed a massive opportunity to get another win.

CLUB W D L F A +/- PTS
1. Broncos 12 0 3 355 248 107 26
2. Cowboys 11 0 4 327 299 28 24
3. Roosters 9 0 6 318 200 118 20
4. Dragons 8 0 6 238 190 48 20
5. Rabbitohs 9 0 7 300 282 18 20
6. Storm 8 0 7 262 222 40 18
7. Warriors 8 0 7 327 314 13 18
8. Panthers 7 0 8 257 262 -5 18

Top four is still a possibility, but judging by this we'd need to win at least 6-7 games out of the last nine matches to have a chance.Let's just focus on getting at least 4-5 wins first needed for a finals spot first and go for a top four spot then.

R17 Panthers v Rabbitohs Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22403

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 259
..... don't count your chickens before they hatch.

R17 Panthers v Rabbitohs Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22404

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
That's the point i tried to get across i guess.

All it takes is one unlucky injury to a vital player and we're screwed.

R17 Panthers v Rabbitohs Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22405

• shazza
  • Thank you received: 162
It wasn't the MoM performance that most of the so-called "experts" have been touting but it was a terrific performance from young Cartwright non-the-less. A performance I certainly knew he was capable of but I have to admit, a performance I was beginning to doubt he would ever step up and deliver. He's always had the ability to be an NRL superstar, Friday night might well be the start of that long anticipated glittering career. If someone had told me 3 weeks ago that Bryce would play a staring role against South Sydney in a wholehearted 80min effort, I'd have had them committed or at the very least taken away their car keys away. Thank God, the penny has finally dropped with this incredibly gifted player.
I haven't been the greatest supporter of Isiah Yeo, he always struck me as a good hard working backrower (definitely not a centre) without any particular outstanding skill-set. Reliable enough, at a pinch, but never going to make first grade, on a regular basis, when all the troupes were available. I obviously didn't see what Ivan Cleary obviously saw because Isah Yeo has been progressing in leaps and bounds in recent weeks and on Friday night he delivered a wholehearted performance worthy of any young forward in the competition. He had an enormous game against one of the strongest/biggest packs in the NRL. With RCG leading the way for the young brigade, on Friday nights display certainly, we've got a lot to be excited about. 2 weeks is obviously a bloody long time in Rugby League.

Shazza

Shazza

R17 Panthers v Rabbitohs Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22406

• mr walker
  • Thank you received: 129
A night for the true fans :-) Freezing cold & the season on the line, playing the defending premiers, missing some players.

Sometimes it would have proven to be too much for us.

NOT THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great performance right across the park with all totally committed to the Panther cause. Bryce & Wally outstanding, but so many good performances it is unfair to single out any others.

Proud to be a Panther.

R17 Panthers v Rabbitohs Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22407

• Ross
  • Thank you received: 353
shazza wrote:
It wasn't the MoM performance that most of the so-called "experts" have been touting but it was a terrific performance from young Cartwright non-the-less.

Now we have our very own legend in Shazza critiquing the opinions of "so called experts" - men who have played and/or coached at the highest level of our game. Some even reaching 'Immortal' status.

Just who has no idea?

A lot of what Shazza writes is what I would call interesting (to say the least). A lot of his comments don't carry any weight after he admitted that he was calling for players to be promoted to the NRL squad from the VB NSW Cup team sight unseen - opinion based purely on 2nd hand comments and assumptions based on the published scorers list.
shazza wrote:
Thank God, the penny has finally dropped with this incredibly gifted player

I have it on good authority that Bryce Cartwright logs onto this site (using a pseudonym) simply to read the comments made by Shazza. Young Bryce gave up listening to blokes like his dad Dave, his uncle John, Ivan Cleary & Gus Gould ages ago.

"Those blokes don't know anything"- he said. I can't wait to read Shazza's review so I can implement his suggestions into my game day make-up".

Please don't ever post something that would make you appear humble Shazza.
"To be a Penrith Panther is an honour. A privilege ... we don't just let any bastard in." - Dave Applebee

R17 Panthers v Rabbitohs Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22408

i like Shazza.

he/she/it makes me miss Nigel less.
The following user(s) said Thank You   mr walker, Kevin

R17 Panthers v Rabbitohs Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22409

• Ross
  • Thank you received: 353
Nigel who?
"To be a Penrith Panther is an honour. A privilege ... we don't just let any bastard in." - Dave Applebee
The following user(s) said Thank You   souf aussie panther

R17 Panthers v Rabbitohs Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22410

• bab
  • Thank you received: 14
You do realise Yeo played in the centres this night and 200 plus metres 30 odd tackles is almost enough to earn mom for Bryce , wow what axe do u have to grind with him it is starting to sound a bit to personal either that or everyone else is wrong in what they see?
The following user(s) said Thank You   Ross

R17 Panthers v Rabbitohs Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22411

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
shazza wrote:
It wasn't the MoM performance that most of the so-called "experts" have been touting

And it wasn't the bland performance that you thought he would only bring display in games, in posts you are now trying to cover up, all whilst attempting to make out that this forum is Asgard and your Odin with everyone hanging off your final word before you make the trek back to your throne.Thanks for gracing us with your presence though your majesty.
shazza wrote:
Shazza

Shazza

Oh, honey honey.

R17 Panthers v Rabbitohs Game Day Thread 2 years 6 months ago #22412

• Kevin
  • Panthers Hate Parra
  • Thank you received: 187
poor o'l shazza, glad you were proven wrong mate, bit like me with Steve Smith last Ashes, although I wasn't wrong about Bailey :pinch:

Anyway, it appears the 2nd half against the Tigers was maintained for 80 against the bunnies, that is (should be) now our minimum expectation each and every week.

I've got to say Kudos to Wal for his on line defense, he saved us from 4 tries being scored, awesome effort.

If (when) we nail the Rorters this week, the league will again climb onto the Panther band wagon.......and loving it !
  • Page: