Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R9 Panthers v Raiders - Game Day Thread

R9 Panthers v Raiders - Game Day Thread 1 year 8 months ago #24167

• Steve Tidball
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
This is the place.
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Steve Tidball.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

R9 Panthers v Raiders - Game Day Thread 1 year 8 months ago #24168

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 259
...... richos pulse outdid the shot clock as we hung on to win 'another' close one. :P

R9 Panthers v Raiders - Game Day Thread 1 year 8 months ago #24171

• richo
  • Thank you received: 111
Puss wrote:
...... richos pulse outdid the shot clock as we hung on to win 'another' close one. :P

Modern medicine is amazing I take med's to control blood pressure, anxiety and if we had lost today depression. No need for the depression tablets thankfully

On a serious note thou, if there is such a thing as a disappointing win this was it. Another game we should have put to bed but alas we conspired to throw it away, almost.

Again I thought our forwards were very good for 60 minutes against a big Raiders pack. We defended well and then well what happened speaks for itself and really the Raiders were the team that should have sealed the deal.

This is a team that really competes and if and when we actually get it all together then it is the makings of a pretty good footy side.
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley, hk panther

R9 Panthers v Raiders - Game Day Thread 1 year 8 months ago #24172

• Puss
..... You might still need a sickie, it'll take hours to read shazzas match report on a 74-10 flogging of the Raiders 20's. Still, it is good news. :)

R9 Panthers v Raiders - Game Day Thread 1 year 8 months ago #24173

• richo
Puss wrote:
..... You might still need a sickie, it'll take hours to read shazzas match report on a 74-10 flogging of the Raiders 20's. Still, it is good news. :)

You just need to 'skim' those long match reports. Don't read every word that is the key. No need for a long match report on NRL today the game and our last 20 minutes spoke volumes.

R9 Panthers v Raiders - Game Day Thread 1 year 8 months ago #24174

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 205
Happy with a win, but we really need to look at our errors & penalties. We should have won comfortably, not a last gasp field goal.

R9 Panthers v Raiders - Game Day Thread 1 year 8 months ago #24175

i sadly did not see the game and had to listen to MMM and from what i heard reflects the previous comments.

Another game we led and should have run away with only to...this is hard to explain.....well we tried our best to lose.

FH is out with an injury from the game but these "dumb" penalties are becoming more and more a concern especially when we have a team in their 10 or 20.

Also Soward admitted his form last week on radio was in his own words "shithouse"

In a nutshell we have the firepower in attack......we have forwards who can go at least 60 minutes and match any team.........but we are missing something.

I think this break couldn't come at a better time for the team and if i was Hook....i would tell all the players to have a week off away from football.......take a clean break and do anything other then football.........just to freshen up.

We take on Warriors at home next and they will either have a new coach and or will be either dangerous or useless.

It is a danger game but a "must win" even at this time of the year because we have been playing all the tough teams and team all ahead of us save the Roosters..........so out of 9 games 8 have been against teams ahead of us in the comp and yet we have beaten the comp leaders.

Soward in the after game interview sounded filthy on how we won but kept saying it was a win.
Clearly the boys think we can do much better

On a side note.......watch Stuart in his after match PC.........he will cop a fine from the NRL for his comments

Well done boys and Hook.......give them all a week off.......PLEASE!

R9 Panthers v Raiders - Game Day Thread 1 year 8 months ago #24176

• Puss
..... Ricky Stuart can go get knotted. He's a bigger whinger than I am ! :lol:

R9 Panthers v Raiders - Game Day Thread 1 year 8 months ago #24177

i agree he is but you will love him whining again..........its classic Stuart whining

R9 Panthers v Raiders - Game Day Thread 1 year 8 months ago #24178

• richo
Probably didn't go far enough to incur fine but certainly pushed a fine line. They certainly had some big calls go against them.

R9 Panthers v Raiders - Game Day Thread 1 year 8 months ago #24179

• mutley
Won't get fined, but it was a good whinge. Might have to get him a box of Kleenex for his birthday

R9 Panthers v Raiders - Game Day Thread 1 year 8 months ago #24180

• mutley
In other news...

Our Holden Cup side won 74-10, and are fast becoming the most dominant team at any level in history. I will attach an article from Foxsports in the Holden Cup section soon.

www.pantherpride.com.au/index.php/forum/...on-record-pace#24181
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by mutley.

R9 Panthers v Raiders - Game Day Thread 1 year 8 months ago #24182

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
  • Thank you received: 108
So, let me get this straight...

We build a 12 point lead, seemingly blow it and a chance at no longer being the team with the closest margins over the first nine games in the history of rugby league(yeah, it's actually true, since 1908 we have the lowest margin games after round nine), we then get a field goal with a minute left, one that has Stuart crying into his cornflakes again and it was a decision that went our way.Then, whilst they were constantly showing replays of the field goal, Canberra are in the clear after a successful short kick off.They look certain to score, but we hold them off for a field goa-...what?Segeyaro charges it down, in his comeback game!He's away!Prince sook Croker, the aire to King sook Stuart's throne, manages to get to the dummy half that then...what?WHY THE **** WOULD YOU PASS IT?!?!Hiku then gets it...well, thankfully he tells everyone to calm the **** down and gets tackled to win us the game.

Our average margin of 3.00 points is now the shortest in rugby league history after nine rounds, a decision is having the whole Raiders organisation from the team to the fans on their usual bitch trip after getting away with slowing our play the ball down to oblivion, and out of our four wins the biggest margin came against this year's horrible Roosters side by a humongous four points.Ah, Penrith, you're my most hated and loved entity in the world.

So what's next for the 2016 mountain men?A break, thankfully, then a 'home' game against the New Zealand Warriors we took to, well, New Zealand.Not sure which genius thought that would be clever, nevertheless, another bullshit close game is on the horizon.I'm ever so reluctant to welcome it, but our identity for this season is the Cardiac Cats.Time to accept it, although for people like me 'accepting it' still doesn't nearly prepare me for the weekly torturous shitshow we have to endure.Not because we love uncontrollably shaking for the rest of the night, but because we're Penrith supporters.

Now if you'll excuse me, i have to throw up.
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Panther Jack.
The following user(s) said Thank You   Pomoz

R9 Panthers v Raiders - Game Day Thread 1 year 8 months ago #24183

• mutley

R9 Panthers v Raiders - Game Day Thread 1 year 8 months ago #24184

• shazza
  • Thank you received: 162
What our team took out of their nail-biting win over the Raiders at Carrington Park Bathurst yesterday was a lot more than the 2 competition points that were on offer. Make no mistake about it, our season was well and truly on the line and another close run loss, in all likelihood, would have burst the self-confidence bubble that has remained firmly inflated during the frustrating run of last minute defeats that has low-lighted our season so far. Peter Wallace intimated in an after game interview that a loss yesterday would have been unbearable for the players and I’ve no doubt that another pipped at the post defeat would, in all probability, have been the straw that broke the camel’s back.

Bryce Cartwright, despite 3 or 4 inexcusable lapses in ball security, probably did enough on the positive side of the ledger, to warrant MoM honours but Isiah Yeo, Trent Merrin, Campbell-Gillard, Matt Moylan, Peter Wallace and Jamie Soward all contributed massively to the final result. Also Tyrone Peachey, who played most of the game in the centres, made a great fist of the positional change and had one of his best games for the season. Cartwright also revelled in the re-shuffle and with more time and space at his disposal, created havoc, particularly down the right hand side. The try he scored and the one he set up for Peachey might have missed the 6 o’clock news highlights but will go straight to his State of Origin audition tape. They were brilliantly executed and classic Cartwright. As well as he’s performing right now, he’s still got a lot of improvement in him so, I guess, for the rest of us it’s just a case of sit back and enjoy the ride.

I can’t speak highly enough of Isiah Yeo’s performance. In 12 short months he’s gone from marginal first-grader to elite footballer and, like Cartwright, will just keep getting better. We had Gavin Cooper and let him go, let’s hope we don’t make the same mistake with this very talented, yet still underrated, young player. Fisher-Harris had a strong game but spoiled an otherwise good performance with stupid/lazy penalties. In a game that is all about discipline and metres, you can’t continually hand the ball to the opposition, ask them to play it 40 metres down field and not expect to pay a heavy price.

Peter Wallace’s recent stint at hooker has had the two-fold effect of improving both his and Segeyaro’s passing game. Wal’s passing from half is a lot crisper than it was previously and Segeyaro’s delivery from dummy-half has become a lot more decisive. Running is now his second option, as it should be. Chicko still looked dangerous when he decided to take the line on but running more selectively will certainly improve his overall effectiveness. His defence, as always, was impeccable.

We have now beaten or come within a whisker of beating the top 5 teams in the competition. We don’t get any bonus points for effort but with the supposed “tough games” behind us we can now set about climbing the ladder to a position more commensurate with our performance.

shazza

R9 Panthers v Raiders - Game Day Thread 1 year 8 months ago #24185

• shazza
For all those fans scratching their heads wondering why Josh Mansour hasn't been offered an extended contract yet, let me say just 2 words, Ratu Tuisese. With 8 tries in his last 5 games and 11 for the season, NYC left winger Tuisese has got future first grader written all over him. He's scored some miracle tries this season but non more spectacular than his 80 metre scorcher against the hapless Raiders yesterday. The only team to beat the high flying Panthers this season, the Raiders were made to pay a heavy price for their audacity. 74-10 is just retribution in anyone's language.

shazza

R9 Panthers v Raiders - Game Day Thread 1 year 8 months ago #24186

• Dufeyz
  • Thank you received: 44
Interesting that coaches are actually preparing their teams to beat us in the final 10.

Anyways, it was nice to get some of the 'rub of the green' yesterday. They still screwed us over, but that last call on the field goal was 50/50, and it won us the game.

That second half was dreadful. I hope that doesn't happen again this season

R9 Panthers v Raiders - Game Day Thread 1 year 8 months ago #24193

• Rabbit
  • Thank you received: 60
Just watched the game again with clearer eyes - A few notes -
Note 1. Matagi errors were real bad! Anybody can drop the ball or have a brain explosion. He had those too, but in addition he had a lot of poor execution errors. That was a lot of errors for 30 minutes game time then was replaced by Latimore who only played 13 Minutes. That to me is a waist. Latu and Matagi have both came into the team this year. Latu was faultless again, and laid on another try.
Note 2. Peachey got beat on the outside by Croker a few times. It looked like Peachey was over protective of Wallace who was defending inside him. Anyway Croker was utterly on the fly and Peachey turned and ran him down every time(Well one time he didn't when he made the two previous tackles and he didn't even try to chase him when they smartly went down the short side), Peachey is a athletic freak, it just seems like we haven't been able to use him effectively.
Note 3. DWZ who receives penalties every week for being held down got no penalties this week and there is no doubt he should of got a heap. Got screwed over again in the wrestling department.
Note 4. A few seasons ago Mansour had one of the best offloads in our team, because he is so strong. But last season and this he hasn't even tried, except for yesterday when he tried to offload with a million guys on him. -My point, That diabolical second half were mistakes made by guys you wouldn't expect to make them including Latimore and Merrin on basic hit ups. It's like the hole team smoked a bong at the 60th minute.
Note 5. The refs still ref to the result that they think should be the result. Also if your flaunting the rules the refs will hold back on a penalty until a team is coming of their line, that's when they will blow the whistle because it doesn't hurt the defending team too much but he gets his point across, they will do it even more if a team is really trailing the other. They also give ruck penalties right at the beginning of a match in a way of saying we aren't going to take any shit today.
*My message to the Panther players is if your twelve points in front why even try and walk the tight rope in the ruck. The Panthers this year have continually given piggy back penalties to get the other teams out of jail when they were leading. The individual player would defend themselves saying "well I have been wrestling like that all game and haven't been penalized previously" But But But this is the time when the Refs will try and balance the ledger so they aren't blamed for a team's loss. If a team like the Raiders (Stuarts Team) get beat by twelve and the penalty count is also lopsided, Canberra supporters and coach are going to blame the ref. The refs know this, Hence the penalties should be expected at this point but the Panther team this season is oblivious to that fact. The penalties are still stupid because they should know of these square up rulings. The Panthers have to behave like angels at this time and why wouldn't you if you are leading by twelve. Our senior players have to yell "discipline - discipline" at these points not when the game is in the balance.

R9 Panthers v Raiders - Game Day Thread 1 year 8 months ago #24197

a good review and you hit on our greatest failing and this alone has me concerned especially given.

1... Merring a SOO player
2....Soward SOO and Grand Final Player
3....Wallace a SOO player
4...Mansour

we have these hard heads in the squad and at the business end of the game and they cannot simply lead the kids around the park.

Soward with his kicking game would be able to kick the ball long and keep the other mob in their own 20 or half at worst.

Wallace has the ability to kick as well.

Why can't we just consolidate our position when it reaches this 60 minute mark and more concerning why hasn't Hook come up with a strategy whether it be fresh replacements coming on at this time to nullify the energy from the other team or have a plan to respond to pressure.

Clearly from the mouth of Stuart we are now targeted in the last 20 minutes and they see this as our weakest point.

And on penalties........Penrith have always had the wrong end of referee calls as long as i remember but this again is the responsibility for HOOK to coach this out of the team........we make too many dumb mistakes and give away cheap penalties.

Maybe your observations are the reasons why we have not won the close games......and the missing something??????

R9 Panthers v Raiders - Game Day Thread 1 year 8 months ago #24203

• Kevin
  • Panthers Hate Parra
  • Thank you received: 187
flogged em by 1 - they're nothin ;)
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Kevin.

R9 Panthers v Raiders - Game Day Thread 1 year 8 months ago #24211

• shazza
Well, we just past Parramatta and they're one of the form teams of the competition.
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley