Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R17 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread

R17 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24574

• Steve Tidball
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
Gameday is back again. Hope you have all got out and voted nice and early today so you can enjoy the entertainment on display today.

The NRL Panthers are looking for their third straight win for the first time this season. Cleary seem to have cemented himself as a regular starter in the side. Rumors are circulating that new recruit Zak Hardaker will be a late inclusion into Centre and play his first game for Penrith and in the NRL, with Peachey moving to the bench.

The NYC Panthers are 3 points clear at the top of the ladder and face the 6th placed Tigers. Panthers are on a 12 game winning streak and are short odds to make it 13 straight. The Panthers on 28 point have all but guaranteed a finals place and will face some stiff competition from teams looking to cement their place.

The NSW Cup side are looking at some changes before kickoff after the news of Jamie Soward and his release to the London Broncos in the UK Kingstone Press Championship. They are currently on a 5 game winning streak and looking to beat a Wenty side who are struggling for consistency.

Broadcast
NRL: Tigers v Panthers - Fox Sports 1 HD Channel 501 (LIVE)
NYC: No Broadcast
NSW: No Broadcast

This weekends games...

Telstra Premiership: West Tigers v Penrith Panthers @ ANZ Stadium (WST 34 d. PEN 26)
Holden Cup: West Tigers v Penrith Panthers @ ANZ Stadium (PEN 24 d. WST 16)
Intrust Super Premiership : Wentworthville Magpies v Penrith Panthers @ ANZ Stadium (WNT 28 d. PEN 24)

Telstra Premiership Full Time

West Tigers 34 (Simona 2, Seumanufagai, Nofoaluma, Rankin, Farah. Moses 4/6 Goals) def.
Penrith Panthers 26 (Mansour, Fisher-Harris, Merrin, Yeo. Cleary 4/4 Goals)

Half Time: Tigers 22 lead. Panthers 14

Holden Cup Full Time

Penrith Panthers 24 (Crichton 2, Burns, Blore, Egan. Luai 2/4 Blore 0/1 Goals) def.
Wests Tigers 16 (Ioelu 2, Paseka. Papenhuyzen 2/2 Ioelu 1/1 Goals)

Half Time: Panthers 20 lead. Tigers 16

Intrust Super Premiership Full Time

Wentworthville Magpies 28
(Izzard, Woods, Robson, Kassis, Faraimo. Izzard 4/5 Goals) def.
Penrith Panthers 24 (Kikau 2, Hall, Hawira-Naera. Hall 4/4 Goals)

Half Time: Magpies 18 lead. Panthers 12
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Steve Tidball.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

R16 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24576

• Steve Tidball
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
Amazing effort from the Holden Cup Panthers holding on to defeat the Tigers down to 12 men for the final 10 minutes.

Holden Cup Full Time

Penrith Panthers 24 (Crichton 2, Burns, Blore, Egan. Luai 2/4 Blore 0/1 Goals) def.
Wests Tigers 16 (Ioelu 2, Paseka. Papenhuyzen 2/2 Ioelu 1/1 Goals)

R16 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24577

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 205
A few changes to the first grade line up :

1. Matt MOYLAN (c)
2. Josh MANSOUR
3. Waqa BLAKE
4. Tyrone PEACHEY
5. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
6. Bryce CARTWRIGHT
7. Nathan CLEARY
20. Sam MCKENDRY
9. Peter WALLACE
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD
11. Isaah YEO
12. Trent MERRIN
17. James FISHER-HARRIS

8. Leilani LATU
15. Jeremy LATIMORE
16. Chris GREVSMUHL
19. Zak HARDAKER

R16 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24579

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 259
....... you're only as good as your last press release. !!!!!

'Talent, respect and team ethic'. Try respecting your opponent. Try teamwork over ethics.

And just wait for our ' Talent Scout' to evaluate what was a dreadful performance. :ohmy:
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Puss.

R16 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24580

Wow.....how bad is this performance. To inconsistant to deserve playing finals.

R16 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24581

• mutley
We tried to play them at their game, and they beat us with experience.

Bad hands, bad decisions in attack, 2 intercepts. We could have won, but kept shooting ourselves in the foot.

R16 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24582

Anyone who doesn't see the similarity between a Griffin coached team and an Elliot (or Simmons) coached team......is a halfwit.

Phil Gould's whims are eating away at this club like cancer...

its incredible how not a single one of you realise it....

R16 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24583

• Rabbit
  • Thank you received: 60
Most frustrating game ever. I think I post that every third week.
We can't score on the oppositions line. Posting the same thing over and over again. This time it was against one of the worst defenses in the league. A tiny backline with light weight defenders. The Tigers used shooters up all night leaving holes behind them. When we move the ball around on the oppositions line we are diabolically shit. It's been that way all year. The only way we look like scoring is through set plays. Their backs are so small every time we threw up a bomb they just watched us. When we got it back we still couldn't score, botching it every time.

That's it, they have to use set plays or kicks or grubbers to get a drop out. At least with a drop out they will bringing it back from 50 meters.

We are just too good at getting it into the oppositions quarter and so shit when we get there.
When the tigers got fast breaks most of the time they scored. As most teams do. When we do the same, we come to a screaming holt inside the 20.
I don't know if it's a mindset or what (Thinking we must be patient now). In the first half when we were on their line with all that ball, Cartwright and Peachey, they didn't get the ball. These are two guys who can shrug of shooters.

In the Nrl they often say patience with the ball or in attack is the mindset for a team to have. That is just not working out for this team. We spend so much time being patient it just turns into frustration. I don't know if it's because we spend more time in the oppositions quarter and we think we will get there eventually.
We scored our first try from a set play and second from a kick, then we went to the unstructured attack, we look like we had the game totally under control, two intercepts, then 8 errors in a row. After the first 20 minutes I actually thought this is the first game we could win by 40 or 50.
Can we get Ivan Cleary back to set up our attack on the line (Dean Whare, Moylan DWZ seamed to score at will, the problem is back then we didn't get on oppositions line that much). Griffin is getting the team up the field better than any team.
Do we need two coaches?
I don't know if Moylan was effective as he was two years ago. It's brutal to watch, I can't remember thinking after we score a try this year "Oh that worked for us last week".
Game after game we are seemingly on top with field position and possession only to have it turn to shit, then to be battling to hold on to a win or try for a hail Mary to try and snatch a win.
When the arm wrestle was on we were well on top as per usual. Couldn't break away as per usual. Let the other team get back into the match as per usual. Same shit every single match.
The following user(s) said Thank You   souf aussie panther

R16 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24584

• richo
  • Thank you received: 111
Thankfully did see the game due to family commitment at my sister's place who doesn't have foxtel and very poor mobile phone coverage.

Checked the progress scores on her wifi a couple of times, was feeling good at 14-2 up but next time I checked it was half time and pretty much game over.

Since getting home I had a look at the highlights (or lowlights) reel and doesn't make for pretty viewing.

Having looked at the NRL stats, if you didn't know the scoreline you would have to say the Panthers would have won comfortably. More possession, more metres gained, more offloads more every thing but it is the scoreboard that counts and we were second best.

What the highlights reel did show is something we probably all know anyway and Tedesco is a very, very good player. No substitute for dynamic pace and acceleration.

Definitely will not be watching the full replay given everything that has been said and written. I am not surprised by this result.

R16 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24585

• mutley
richo wrote:
Having looked at the NRL stats, if you didn't know the scoreline you would have to say the Panthers would have won comfortably. More possession, more metres gained, more offloads more every thing but it is the scoreboard that counts and we were second best.
This has been our problem all season, we have teams beaten in every area except the scoreboard. Lapses in defence & poor options in the attacking 20 are killing us.

R16 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24586

with a restraint on language its hard to post just how bad this side is going BUT there are a few key points

1.....Cartwright cannot defend laterally and is NOT a SOO player

2....Moylan is NOT a Captain and should be stripped of it today

3....Griffin CANNOT coach

For weeks now all who post on this forum have seen the slide in our side and it appears either the players are not responding to Griffin or Griffin is not changing how the players are executing.....its one or the other!

Our game is simply crap and our game management is a disgrace.

Mansour scores a miracle try and we lead 14-2 and i thought OK you grafted and then used class to take what i believed was a lead to be built on but wait

ENTER frantic mode......this all too persistent frantic mode

we decide to say lets go around them instead of through them.....lets send passes to men in worse positions only to be intercepted and Cartwright was the coyote when the Roadrunner went beep beep first to his right and then to his left with both his feet firmly stuck in concrete and unable to move laterally

Then to make it worse Tedesco makes a break and Cartwright taps him on his arse and the Road runner hits the after burner and runs away from him.

Cartwright should have been hooked after the first effort but no....he did it again and was still left on the paddock.

The guy is a liability at the moment.......maybe he needs a stint in reserves to send a wake up call to him.

But he wasn't alone......our defence is a mess and and its across the park.

Couple this with this bizarre and unexplained "frantic mode" we go into......where every choice we make is just dumb.

Passes to players in worse positions,,,,,,kicks which are just kicks without any thought behind them and NO onfield management

then we come to Hardaker........why was he on the bench until the death???????

Looks like we lost McKendry for the year.

And our forwards are now chumps with NO grunt.....its all gone.

Earlier this year we were matching the best forward packs and i believe beating some of them but we now cannot hold out any pack.

we have gone from champs to chumps and this has happened as the season progresses instead of getting better we are getting worse.

Cleary had his worst game last night but was behind a pack who gave him nothing and not sure what Griffin is instructing this kid to do.....his defence is enormous and he is defending strongly whilst others around him are being soft.

Wallace was great again and if he wasn't there we would have been even more embarrassed.

DTZ should be dropped as well......he simply is having no impact on the game.....and when he gets a chance he is mistake riddled.

and the scariest thing is we face Sharks next week who on an amazing run and its at home and the TV game

there is absolutely nothing to take out of last night except the key points i highlighted.

and Gould has given us this crap.....he sacked Cleary and installed Griffin.

question to self......did the 5 year plan start when Griffin was appointed or when Elliott was sacked?

And the first thing done today would be to release Gould from the club from any capacity he has.

Get him out of the club.

I want to know if Griffin is coaching and making selections unshackled or is he being controlled.

we need to know IF Griffin can coach

On what i am seeing at the moment....he is incapable of coaching this team

we are that bad.

R16 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24587

We looked better early in the year...because at that point the players still remembered some things that Ivan Cleary taught them...

that has faded now..

R16 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24588

there could be a lot in that

i am not seeing any progression in this team or individuals......indeed nearly all in the team are going backwards.

R16 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24589

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
  • Thank you received: 108
We've negated minor factors such as conditioning/treatment of injuries and the fact we've had double the amount of incorrect decisions compared any other team in terms of try situations over the past two seasons(spent time away and did a little research), factors that were all that needed major addressing in an effort for our team to make the last push for premiership glory.

But nope, players like Idris, Docker and Plum were known to be phased out of the team understandably due to their problems, and instead of taking that into account we then move quickly to get rid of our coach, halfback at the time, lock and hooker of the year.Thus eroding any form of winning mentality that was present in 2014 and in the early stages of 2015.

Our reluctancy to address said minor issues along with a burning desire to tear down a successful formula has now brought back the major problems that we've had previously, along with making our non-rebuild period seem essentially non-existent in the Panthers timeline.What was the point of the years prior to 2014 if we were just going to chuck them out anyway?

A team once buoyed by the strength of a Melbourne-like formula under Cleary's reign, 'everyone doing their job', has now completely vanished as our players now perform a lot of the time like(get ready for it) they're mentally retarded.No you don't have to f***ing offload every tackle of every set, and yes, some structural attack in the opposition's 20 like in Cleary's reign is absolutely, positively, VITAL to score points.

But nope again, we have a bright future!, since 2011 when Gus came back we've been hearing that same tired last gasp plea to believe the utter load of shit that what's happening now will blossom in two years time.I don't want us to build towards something then throw it away when we finally get there just because that junior in the 20's apparently shits gold, or a group of them can recite the alphabet backwards whilst pissing into a toilet from ten feet away.There is way too many eggs thrown into the future basket with an I.O.U note left in the present basket, and let me tell you, those I.O.U's are certainly racking up.None of them are getting paid off either.

To conclude, this club has done great things but will always be hampered by an attitude embroiled in cowardice and complete stupidity.

Penrith Panthers, you are the dumbest f***ing club in the world.
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Panther Jack.

R16 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24590

• mutley
Our game against the Tigers, condensed into 4 secs :P

The following user(s) said Thank You   TalentScout, Panther Jack, Jas

R16 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24591

• Rabbit
I am feeling your frustration Panther Jack. I have followed this club from their inception and the coach selection has been the reason it sucks to follow them. Elliot (Worst coach ever) Released boom rookies Graham, Sammut and Wallace and brought in a squad full of Canberra players. - Simmons Fielding the oldest team in the league (wouldn't drop anybody, kept all his old buddies) - Then Ben Alexander Collapse - The players turned on Gould who then took our best players to the Roosters Offering big cash - Super league reshuffled the roster again - Ron Willey semi final melt downs (never coached again). If you add the years, Simmons and Elliot coached that added up to 17 years and they delivered nothing. And after they left they had to rebuild the roster. Elliot payed a fortune for superstar attackers then played a boring defensive style. Telling a Panther supporter that we have to rebuild makes our heads explode.
Having said that I think they have the squad now to challenge for the premiership but I agree with Panther Jack and most on this forum, They just play so dumb. This particular coach better start making the team look like they actually know how to play, because he has the talent, that's why they train five days a week to fix mistakes this team has been doing the same stupid shit since the beginning of year and it doesn't look like it's abating. This season reminds me of 2002. Had a good team but couldn't win games.
The following user(s) said Thank You   Panther Jack

R16 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24592

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
What pisses me off the most is the fact that we were in control.

14-2 after two top tries and all we need to do is frustrate the even more so inexperienced team in the Tigers by completing our sets and kicking to the corners.Instead we chance our arm on halfway and Tigers score next set, thus causing the momentum to completely switch to them.

Something similar happened against Souths.After scoring three consecutive tries and defending confidently, we aim to score a 70 metre try...we lose the ball, and from then on the whole mood of the game changed.It almost cost us the match.

As a defender in my soccer team when we made the state cup some years ago, i didn't start attempting to skill past opposition attackers.Nor did i start passing the ball across the goal box.The elevated level didn't make me stupid.Why it is different for this team has me dumbfounded.

R16 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24593

• mr walker
  • Thank you received: 129
souf aussie panther wrote:

Phil Gould's whims are eating away at this club like cancer...

its incredible how not a single one of you realise it....

Some of us can see it. When someone has all the power & no accountability it's a recipe for disaster. Is the new CEO working out his notice from work experience at Woolworths?

On the game.... oh my!!!! If you don't think it's very sad, just consider that the Tigers, who everyone has been joking about all year & that are split into Taylor & Farah camps, have won the same number of games as us & have a bye in hand.

Wallace, who I have supported in the face of on-going criticism of him, was absolutely terrible & his service from d/h was the worst display seen for ages. And we punted Segy.
Carty is not a 5/8.
Who other than Tim Sheens, has an outside back on the bench? Really shows up when you lose a grunter in the first half.

Anyway, let's see how they break our hearts next time :-)

R16 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24597

• TalentScout
  • Thank you received: 82
Puss wrote:
....... you're only as good as your last press release. !!!!!

'Talent, respect and team ethic'. Try respecting your opponent. Try teamwork over ethics.

And just wait for our ' Talent Scout' to evaluate what was a dreadful performance. :ohmy:

Haha.

Pass.
But I will say 1 thing. Cartwrights lateral defence was not to blame for those misses on Teddy. On the occasions he was beaten by Teddy, it was a numbers/communicating error. They had more numbers, That came from either Blake not communicating inside or Carty not reading the sweep and not having the confidence in his inside D making the tackle on the Block runner.

But, if you want to look even harder at it, on numerous occasions, Brooks got outside his man which then had a dominoe effect from outside in because now the Tiges had an overlap. Which made Carty look bad. He was now marking 2 players. (Blake stayed out on his man)

We've been susceptible to this on numerous occasions, with different 5/8's.
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by TalentScout.
The following user(s) said Thank You   Rabbit

R16 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24600

• shazza
  • Thank you received: 162
There’s pretty much a consensus that insufficient playing talent, is not the problem. We’ve got a squad of high quality, improving young first-graders, complimented by a roster of up and coming stars of the future that other clubs can only dream about.

What then is the glaring personnel difference/deficiency between last weekend’s humiliated Panthers’ team and the 5 leading teams in the NRL?

I’ll give you a clue:

Storm – Cooper Cronk, Jessie Bromwich, Kevin Proctor and Cameron Smith
Sharks – Gerard Beale, James Maloney, Michael Ennis, Like Lewis and Paul Gallon.
Cowboys – Coote, Justin O’Neill, Jonathon Thurston, Matt Scott & Gavin Cooper.
Bulldogs – Morris x 2, Sam Perrett, Josh Reynolds, James Graham & Greg Eastwood.
Broncos – Darius Boyde, Adam Blair, Matt Gillett, Corey Parker and Sam Thayday.

Having a youth policy is great but it’s all a question of balance and currently the balance between youth and experience, in the Panthers First Grade side, is way out of wack. The most experienced players in the current team are Peter Wallace (29) & Jeremy Latimore (29). Trent Merrin(26) has plenty of first-grade and representative experience but is still in his mid-twenties. Tragically, Sam McKendry (26) was badly injured early and, I’m assuming will be gone for the season. Suaia Matagi (28) is an old head but doesn’t have a wealth of experience. He was chosen but sadly, discarded in the final wash-up on Saturday.

Jeremy Latimore is a workhorse, who earns his position every time he runs on the field, but he’s a toiler not an organizer. As of 5.15 on Saturday afternoon, Peter Wallace officially inherited sole responsibility for organizing, inspiring and driving 14, relatively inexperienced, but incredibly talented, young players, to perform like a free flowing, well drilled unit.
Not altogether surprisingly, he failed! Not even Jonathon Thurston or Cooper Cronk is capable of weaving the winning magic alone.

Individually our players were fine with plenty of bright attacking flourishes on show but as a unit they lacked planning, cohesion and discipline, particularly in defence. It’s not fair on Wallace and it certainly isn’t fair on the team.
It’s too late now, the horse has bolted, but I’ve no doubt that had Soward played we’d have won comfortably.

Griffin had this same youth policy during his time at the Broncos (exit Peter Wallace) and even though the fast tracking of promising players brought some outstanding young talent to the fore, he had a lot of failures as well and no great success on the field to speak of. Ironically, one of my criticisms of Ivan Cleary was his reluctance to throw the dice with young players. Be careful what you wish for……?

Jason Taylor’s game-plan to declare all-out-war on our inexperienced halves worked a treat. Cleary was under constant pressure with defenders racing out of the line to shut him down. Similarly, the defence was all over Cartwright and as a result he was forced to either crab across field in search of space or bustled into dumping offloads in bad positions.
He was targeted and was found badly wanting with some pretty ordinary defensive reads. Pre-game State of Origin selection discussions did us absolutely no favours.
I’m quietly confident of beating the Sharks, simply because they’re ready for a loss and we’re more than capable of an upset, particularly in a game we’re probably not expected to win.

shazza
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by shazza.

R16 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24601

• TalentScout
When the message came out from Spud (at the 43rd minute) for Wallace to swap with Carty in D, the communication was a lot better, the sliding was a lot better, the number counting was a lot better.
They didn't score again down that side. (They tried)
How-ever, The damage was done.

It's an area of Cartys game he may need to address. Maybe it's Moysa not counting and communicating from fullback? :dry:
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by TalentScout.

R16 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24608

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
If Ivan Cleary was still in charge and we kept the general make-up of the 2014/15 team, whilst gradually introducing youngsters into the fold when required, we'd be walking the comp right now.

But no!Everything must go!Four freaking games last year that were mathematically lost due to incorrect decisions alone and an injury crisis that's known to be one of the worst suffered by a rugby league club ever, but that's not the fault of the powers that be getting new interpretations of rules passed into the public eye by stealth because of picking on a smaller club, or the result of an incompetent conditioning staff that throws out our injured captain onto the paddock in trial matches because they can't properly assess players' well being.

Nope, it's our dally m coach of the year, our dally m hooker of the year, a half prominent in our progression from a cellar-dweller attitude to an in it to win it mindset and one of our hardest working players in Elijah Taylor.It's all their fault!Ship them all out immediately!We don't want steady progression from a previously successful structure to one incorporating more and more youngsters over time.We want to dump all of them into first grade so the previous purpose of them being shaped as winners in the lower grades is completely pointless, as the club's weekly circus around Australia results in them looking stupider and as a result makes them completely lose that winning attitude they had previously.

Love the message basically given to Nathan Cleary and our other youngsters."Mate, if you don't perform well, we're all screwed.You're all we have.No pressure."

Yep, no pressure indeed.

Five years gone and one f*cking finals appearance to show for it.Really had enough of this gutless, brain cell depleting, pathetic approach from the club.

R16 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24609

• Rabbit
Just a note before I go on a rant before team selection. If your fast of the mark and can move laterally quickly you're probably going to be a little guy. if you're a big guy you're not going to have these attributes.
So to Cartwright, Anytime you put a big bloke out wide, you have the benefit of his tackle breaking and offload ability but the detriment of his slowness. What I saw this game was we didn't base our attack in the twenty around Cartwright it was around Moylan. So that is just a big fat waste of Cartwright. In agreement with talent Scout in reference to Tudesco V Cartwright, you can cover great attackers by the outside defender jamming in (The Tigers did it to us all game with Midget centre's) they Jammed Moylan, they Jammed Cleary, they did it at every opportunity. Worked like a charm.
With Cartwright it was like here comes the best attacker in the game (Tudesco), you're on your own buddy.
A few years ago Parra had Grothe and Reddy defending together Grothe jammed every single time and Reddy (the Centre) covered the pass outside to the winger every single time. They had to do that because they were both huge with no acceleration. And it worked a treat no one could score against them. You can cover Cartwright out wide, but if they are not going to put systems in place to do that, forget about it. Getting Blake to Jam, Might be a bridge too far, He's just a big automoton. You can't blame Cartwright for being much slower than Tudesco But you can blame the coaching staff for not strategizing to cover it.
If they don't stick with Cartwright then they have to get another 5/8 and they better make a decision fast. Moylan or May.
I think at this point in this season Moylan has looked at his most ineffective since coming into grade. He 's not the pop up any where guy now, they have structured there attack around him. This was the perfect opportunity to structure the attack around someone else who could handle it == Cartwright. I mentioned this on a few posts but they have no back rowers running of Cartwright. And last week inside the Twenty they didn't even use Cartwright inside the twenty it was Wallace to Cleary or Moylan. This was the perfect opportunity to run Moylan of to the side of the point of attack (Cartwright), like it was before he became the captain and the megastar.
I thought I would post this before team selection for Cronulla. = I don't know what the coach is going to do. I personally would leave Cartwright at 5/8 if not that, put Moylan into 5/8 = He's playing like a 5/8 now anyway. He's strategically up in the line every time you look. Last week our tactics made Moylan and Cartwright look bad good work guys.

R16 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24611

• TalentScout
May is in a moon boot. :(

I'd leave Carty there for now. Just bring him in a man when defending. Similar to what they did last week when he swapped with Wallace.

I don't really care who they pick or where they pick them, i would just like to see us play with respect for the pill.
That pill is what the game is all about.
You get it over the try line more than the opposition and you have more chance of winning.
You get it in better field position, you have a better chance of getting it back.

You throw it around like a hot potato and you have more chance of dropping it.

It's not hard to play structured footy. If its done right you can be very successful. (See Craig Bellamy)(Even without his stars)

R16 Tigers v Panthers - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24612

• Rabbit
Will Smith is in. Their not going to put Smith on the wing so that means Hardaker isn't moving. So the only logical ploy with this line up is there going to put Moylan at 5/8, Smith to fullback and Cartwright back to the Forwards. Another change to the halves.