Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: R18 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread

R18 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24692

• Steve Tidball
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
We have two games this afternoon back home at Pepper Stadium. After a disappointing loss to the Tigers last week, the NRL Panthers side are eager to make amends taking on an Origin depleted Sharks side looking for their 13th win in a row. With Moylan recalled into the Origin squad, new Panthers recruit Zak Hardaker will start the game in fullback. Tyrone Peachey will also sit this game out due to disciplinary action.

The Holden Cup Panthers are searching for their 15th straight win of the season. The Sharks are in the Holden Cup top 8 and looking to cement a place in the top 4 on their run towards the finals. I would suspect the Panthers will be too strong for them.

The NSW Cup side played yesterday against he North Sydney Bears in a hard fought game. I wasn't till within the last 10 minutes that Penrith pulled away from the 6 point lead and sealed the win. Panther were victorious 34-22. Josh Hall was a standout with 2 tries and kicking 5 from 6 goals this afternoon for 18 points.

Broadcast
NRL: Panthers v Sharks - Fox Sports 1 HD Channel 501 (LIVE) & FTA Channel Nine (LIVE)
NYC: No Broadcast
NSW: Hawkesbury Radio 89.9FM & Online (LIVE)

This weeks games;

Telstra Premiership: Penrith Panthers v Cronulla Sharks @ Pepper Stadium [CRO 26 d. PEN 10]
Holden Cup: Penrith Panthers v Cronulla Sharks @ Pepper Stadium - [PEN 34 d. CRO 34]
Intrust Super Premiership: North Sydney Bears v Penrith Panthers @ North Sydney Oval [PEN 34 d. NTH 22]

Telstra Premiership Full Time

Cronulla Sutherland Sharks 26 (Barba 2, Brown, Paulo, Lewis. Holmes 0/2, Townsend 3/3 Goals) def.
Penrith Panthers 10 (Latu, Yeo. Cleary 1/3 Goals)

Half Time: Sharks 8 lead. Panthers 6

Holden Cup Full Time

Penrith Panthers 34 (Izzard, Burns, Egan, Brown, Martin, Hetherington. Luai 5/6 Goals) drew.
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks 34 (Katoa 3, Faalua 2, Ramien. Aufaga-Toomaga 5/6 Goals)

Half Time: Panthers 16 lead. Sharks 12

Intrust Super Full Time

Penrith Panthers 34 (Hall 2, Kikau, Peachey, Heffernan, M Watene-Zelezniak. Hall 5/6 Goals) def.
North Sydney Bears 22 (Nielsen 2, Deitz, Robinson. 3/4 Goals)

Half Time: Panthers 28 lead. Bears 12
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Steve Tidball.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

R18 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24694

its 8-6 to sharks and thank god for Latu

good to see we haven't forgotten frantic mode and resorted to the Soward bomb

such brilliance in this team yet so much nonsense

R18 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24695

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 259
....... scout I'm counting, counting, the number of dumb Panther plays. I ain't got enough fingers.

R18 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24696

Cartwright can't count even when he has an overlap and he would rather run the ball over the line in attack then pass.

Honestly he is so out of form its not funny.

Congrats to Edwards......not only on his debut but his saving their first try attempt

we should get this game but i wonder if the players have heard of structure and basics?

R18 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24697

i give up......thank god we have a 20 year plan

dumb dumb and dumb

and they cannot kick a goal

never mind they will score 10 tries and who cares if they can kick a goal

R18 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24698

• Puss
...... congrats to Cronulla their 50 year plan appears to be working. ;)

R18 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24699

we have lost this game

get Cartwright off and put Latu at 5/8th

get Matagi back on and just tell them to play any way they want to

its hail mary time now

R18 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24700

Put Hardaker back on the plane........send Griffin with him

this is absolute rubbish from this team and club

absolute rubbish

Griffin and Gould have dumped Taylor (on fire at Tigers) Segeyaro and Soward and now Peachy is off side with them

They bought Hardaker whose Visa should be cancelled tomorrow and they dish up this rubbish to supporters and sponsors as being part of our 5 year plan
I am sick and tired of Gould and he should resign tomorrow too.

what has he done except have his nose in the trough at Panthers

Its a disgrace and the players should apologise to supporters and sponsors

R18 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24701

• Puss
..... hey 'souf' I've got some tape from the blockbuster 'Elliott' era, if you're interested ! :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You   souf aussie panther

R18 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24702

They look rudderless....but that was always my worry when Soward left. Cartwright might go ok at 5/8 one week but for the next 4 he's terrible. Thats because he's not a 5/8 coach Griffin. This is a real throwback to the Elliot era for me. Broncos went backwards under this coach and its looking like we're doing the same. Goofy selections , players not playing in their right position, boring game plan with no plan B and looking clueless. Not good enough.

LP

R18 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24704

• Griggsy
  • Thank you received: 22
I don't think the players need to apologise but I think Griffin should stand down immediately. 20 + minutes attacking inside the opposing teams half and we did not get a result, that to me is an issue with the Coach. As already stated there is no option B.

In regards to Gus, he has done wonders for the club, but little towards the football. Perhaps he should start putting his 2 cents in and overriding some of Griffen's shithouse decisions.

Griffen would be great in a managerial role, away from the players.

R18 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24705

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
  • Thank you received: 108
Putting on sunglasses as we speak, this bright future is blinding me.

R18 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24706

• richo
  • Thank you received: 111
Today is as bad as it gets. All the field position in the first quarter of the game with nothing to show for it, never looked like scoring and the first time they get in our half they come up with four points. There second try another sucker punch. Even allowing for Latu's try I never felt we were going to get the business done. Once they scored first in the second half it was game over. We were poor. Very, very disappointing.
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley

R18 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24707

The Man of Steel running gently upright a meter out from his own line...into 3 defenders...brought a chuckle

the cat running up the sideline was fun too.

R18 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24710

• Puss
"The cat running up the sideline" ........ how'd I go? :woohoo:

R18 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24711

• Rabbit
  • Thank you received: 60
I posted the below paragraph word for word last week if anyone can remember.

Too repeat myself right when we have majority field position and majority possession. It seems right at this point, when we haven't scored enough points. (Under utilized our dominance) It seems at this point, is right where we crumble in defense allowing long range tries by our opposition. "We were on top in the game but ridiculously still in battle for the scoreboard'.

R18 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24712

• Rabbit
  • Thank you received: 60
- - The Panthers have hit the wall. Derr !!!
The attack inside the twenty is beyond disappointing and disastrous this is just tragic.
If I here anymore commentators say how good is there defense against the Panthers, I am going to throw up.
- How easy did Cronulla score on our line.
This week they look like they were beaten (In the Heads) well out from the end, last week they played up to the last minute, this week with 15 minutes to go they had to score 14. They went through the motions.
Hardaker, Smith, Edwards Akauola and Blake were very disappointing. In fact they were shit all of them. Blake has scored 1 try in about 14 outings. Tonight he was also crap in defense.
I was hoping they would run the attack around Cartwright, they did! Same shit didn't look like scoring. So we have run our set plays inside the twenty around (In order) Wallace, Soward, Peachey Moylan and Cartwright. == CAN"T score inside the twenty.

Did anyone catch that Parramatta game, every time Parra got inside the twenty they scored. Through one player, Corey Norman, Ben Barba tonight. This is not a reflection on Penrith's defense because these guys threaten every team. And as a rule you should try and limit opposition inside your twenty for that reason. It's just a statement that shows it shouldn't be rocket science to score inside the twenty. The above mentioned Norman and Barba didn't even set up there tries with decoys. They just ran to the line dummy it, pass it or kick it. Try!!
+ For the first time this year Commentators are writing us off.

Enough of the comments on this game.
From a big picture aspect, I still think we can win the comp because, Because we have the on field talent to do it. On a formula of talent over performance -- We Stink. We have stunk all year and it's getting worse.
If you are not playing from in front or behind, OR when the either team is not on a roll - at these points in matches you're in a arm-wrestle. And when the arm wrestle is on we have won it all year. except for the Melbourne match.

This diabolical situation of our attack inside the twenty. I can now only put down to one thing "Attitude".

I am sure now, this is what is going through the young Panthers heads when they are attacking the line. Let's run our plays but do not make an error - don't kick it dead - don't drop it - don't throw a really long ball - Don't do anything unorthodox when you're in the middle of a set play - if you're not in a set play (Hit up) try and stand in the tackle to get a offload to commence a second phase attack.
After watching about 200 plays inside the twenty for about 3 tries. They have to have the mentality of "we have to score now. Right now. Run every play on oppositions line like your 5 points behind and there is a minute left on the clock. Other teams don't have to do this, we do. Frenetic, high speed, low percentage shit.
I sort of got this idea from last week's game against the Tigers - When the ball went wide they weren't bullit passes It was lets go through the motions stuff. No Urgency.

I am sure if we can turn this inside the twenty thing around we become a juggernaut, if not ??????????????

R18 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24713

• Puss
...... does Garth Brennan have a say or is he only allowed to nod ?

R18 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24715

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 205

I hope this doesn't put us over the cap :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
The following user(s) said Thank You   souf aussie panther

R18 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24716

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
  • Thank you received: 108
Our team looks like it has gone through another injury crisis.

When in reality the people at our club were just tending to their erections at the thought of going through another period of failure, shit, and more failure.

Anyone that buys into the shit that Griffin and co. care about this season after getting rid of vital player, after vital player, after vital player...must be completely out of their minds.This is merely just another season full of hot air that will result in us going back to our usual seats during September.Another re-building year, f*cking brilliant.

We're hoping these bunch of players that play like they have seen a ball in their lives, somehow turn into earth conquering gods that deliver premierships by the snap of their fingers.Was tearing apart one of the club's greatest ever squads worth it?Abso-f*cking-lutely not.

It doesn't even have to be premierships that we get.Even if we get jack shit in the end, if we are as focused and committed to getting things done as we were in 2014 i'd be happy.But this weekly circus disgrace has completely reduced my desire in seeing rugby league played.

I want us to be consistently around the top and forge a winning mentality into the youngsters as they were coming through and older players were gradually leaving.Is that too much to ask for?

Soward, Segeyaro, Taylor and Ivan should all still be Panthers right now.These youngsters needed them.But instead of being cautious with their development, we have completely trashed their careers.Debut after debut after debut after debut after debut.How do you improve if you are getting embarrassed every week, not to mention, having different players around you all of the time?

Ivan, James, Jamie and Elijah...please come back.
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Panther Jack.

R18 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24717

we should sign that black pussy cat

its the only cat in that team which knew its way to the try line and how to cross it!

It was a solo try from the debutante
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley

R18 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24718

and now onto Origin...where we will once again get to watch a poorly coached team with inexperienced players selected in ridiculous positions receive a league lesson.

sometimes Rugby League can be a sport that is very cruel to those who love it.

and at risk of being completely blasphemous, I turned over to to watch the Adelaide Crows play Carlton yesterday arvo, and though the two sports are difficult to compare, the difference between a professional well-drilled outfit (Adelaide) and a rabble led by an arrogant guessing dope (Penrith), was very stark.

Carn the Crows! :silly:

R18 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24720

• mr walker
  • Thank you received: 129
Griggsy wrote:
In regards to Gus, he has done wonders for the club, but little towards the football.

You definition of 'wonders' and mine must be very different. Gould is full of hot air and BS. He was bought here for football - he knows Jack about managing a 'club' & had great 'ideas' about making our club the best in the world wasn't it? His first good idea was to advise Feltis to put him in charge. Its mostly been downhill from there.

On the game. When the team was named, with the loss of McKendry & Sauce in SOO3, our bench looked as skinny as any I could recall. With the skipper called into Origin, the lineout readout by Scotty pre-game we all agreed was the worst line-up since the horror Elliot years. And then when we took the field it looked even worse.
And then the game started - oh my!!! A team with so many reps in Origin made us look second rate.

Gould & his staff have dug us into a giant hole. It's what happens when someone has all the power and nil accountability.

Let's see the next master stroke!!!

See you next week - we will play a club with even worse administration than us, in absolute turmoil & they will start favourites to beat us at home - lucky we have a 5 year plan!

R18 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24721

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 205
Question - are we going to get fined for have 14 on the field for about 10 seconds early in the 2nd half? :P

R18 Panthers v Sharks - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24722

• bab
  • Thank you received: 14
steamboatfarmer wrote:
Cartwright can't count even when he has an overlap and he would rather run the ball over the line in attack then pass.

Honestly he is so out of form its not funny.

Congrats to Edwards......not only on his debut but his saving their first try attempt

we should get this game but i wonder if the players have heard of structure and basics?
. Cartwright won't pass the ball? Do u think he is picking him self out of position. But let's blame him any way
  • Page: