Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: R19 Panthers v Eels - Game Day Thread

R19 Panthers v Eels - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24760

• Steve Tidball
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
We are back at Pepper Stadium today for the local derby against the Eels. With Origin done and dusted, Penrith will be lining up a strong lineup today. The NRL Panthers will be bolstered by the return of Moylan and Mansour from origin and Peachey returning from disciplinary action. Wallace has also been clear to play after scan revealed the elbow injury to be less severe. With other teams in the top 8 losing this week it is a good opportunity to get our season back on track.

The NYC Panthers suffered a shock draw last week against the Sharks, but still remain unbeaten for 12 games. The NYC Eels sit on 3rd and will be looking to make a final push towards the finals, should make for a tight match.

The NSW Cup Panthers are playing the second placed Illawarra Cutters. The Panthers have ben in some fine form as of late, but with the departure of Soward and Segeyaro have been struggling for consistency. A win over the Cutters will definitely put the top 4 on notice.

Broadcast:
NRL: Fox Sports 1 HD (Channel 501) *LIVE* 4:00pm & Channel 9 *LIVE* 4:00pm
NYC: No Broadcast
NSW: Hawksebury Radio 89.9FM *LIVE* 11:45am

This Weekends games...

Telstra Premiership: Penrith Panthers v Parramatta Eels @ Pepper Stadium [PEN 22 D. PAR 18]
Holden Cup: Penrith Panthers v Parramatta Eels @ Pepper Stadium [PEN 24 d. PAR 16]
Intrust Super Premiership: Penrith Panthers v Illawarra Cutters @ Pepper Stadium [ILW 22 d. PEN 18]

Telstra Premiership Full Time

Penrith Panthers 22 (Campbell-Gillard, Peachey, Cartwright, Mansour. Cleary 3/4 Goals) def.
Parramatta Eels 18 (French 2, Faraimo, Gutherson. Gordon 1/4 Goals )

Half Time: Eels 18 lead. Panthers 6

Holden Cup Full Time

Penrith Panthers 24 (Tuisese 2, May, Hetherington, Izzard. Luai 2/5 Goals) def.
Parramatta Eels 16 (Ceruto 3. Doolan 2/3 Goals )

Half Time: Panthers 14 lead. Eels 6

Intrust Super Premiership NSW Full Time

Ilawarra Cutters 22 (Milne, Thompson, Gallagher, Lui. Nona 3/4 Goals) def.
Penrith Panthers 18 (Dockar-Clay, M Watene-Zelezniak, G Jennings. Hall 3/3 Goals.)

Half Time: Panthers 14 lead. Cutters 10
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Steve Tidball.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

R19 Panthers v Eels - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24761

We don't look interested again

R19 Panthers v Eels - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24762

I actually think Blake is the worst defensive centre I've seen

R19 Panthers v Eels - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24763

• Old Dog
  • Thank you received: 3
Get Moylan to 6, get Blake to bench and leave him there. It's half time, give them heart transplants and show them how to tackle. Should be all good for second half.

R19 Panthers v Eels - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24764

Lets call a spade a shovel.

The penalty against Matagi with the hit on Wicks was a crock and they score.

Second try they scored off a blatant forward pass

The minute we got penalised for the Matagi hit i knew we were going to be on the back foot.....

Now on Cartwright.......this kid has to be pulled

Move Moyaln to 6....DWZ to Fullback.......Yeo to Centre and Blake to wing

and get Cartwright off the field..he is so out of form its not funny

We scored a try and how.......running like demons through the centre and what do we do.....push it to Cartwright or Moylan who are posing no threats to the Eels

Its half time and should be 24 -6 save for Gordons off day with the boot and could be even more except for their non try again running through Cartwright

Why is Cleary even in the team......Moylan and Cartwright are not letting the kid do anything

and IF we lose this.

Griffin should be sacked today and Gould should resign.

I have enough of this Koolaid and the 5 year plan.

R19 Panthers v Eels - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24765

Thank christ for that. Campbell Gillard, Grevsmuhl, Mansour and Wallace take a bow. But if Norman plays we lose by 20.

Can anyone explain why our supercoach picks Hardaker on the bench and then doesn't use him. We may as well only pick a 3 man bench :S He's not a utility player, I just don't understand it.

LP

R19 Panthers v Eels - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24766

we hit the lead and then we go into hyper frantic mode.
i am not sure if this is an individual thing which consumes the team or its just the team going into frantic mode

where is the game management when you are in front?????????

Latu and Mansour joint MOM...Mansour was brilliant especially after backing up from SOO

The forwards in the second half decided to have a dig and what do you get from that.......Cleary gets room and he kicked, chipped and passed and swung the game into our favour.

Eels were brave and a great effort considering the loss of players in the game...as this was their last gasp to be a mathematical chance to play finals

Now its for the team to recover to face the Broncos in Brisbane.

I hope RCG is OK after his scans as he had a big go today as did Grevs

BUT.......the Broncos will make Cartwright look worse then he did today at 5/8th

He HAS to be moved back to the forwards......and on the forwards......who thinks there are only 5 in a scrum???????

It was a win......but JUST and todays result was not an improvement other then in the result.

R19 Panthers v Eels - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24767

i saw that but thought Hardaker was not in the squad until i saw him on the paddock at the end.

And i think even without Norman if they didn't have Jennings and Wicks unable to continue..they would have won.

If Norman plays i agree they win by plenty

Just imagine what the Broncos will do to us with their small men running at Cartwright........makes me sick thinking about it.

His defence is rubbish at 5/8th

R19 Panthers v Eels - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24768

Yeah......it's not gunna be pretty next week :sick:
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Lismore Panther.
The following user(s) said Thank You   panthermike

R19 Panthers v Eels - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24769

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 259
...... good bloody thing it was only Parra.

I'd spare the goat souf, not his fault we played like a bunch of nanny's. :unsure:

R19 Panthers v Eels - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24770

• Puss
....... scout, there were some decisions/plays not befitting 'Origin' players. The attitude/philosophy/ mindset/teamwork is NOT filtering through all levels of our playing group. If they wanna be Harlem Globetrotters, try basketball. To the coach I say thank you for your efforts but hand the keys in at the kiosk and bugger off. To the 'messiah' Gould I say use some of that extensive football knowledge you possess and straighten this ship on the park where all football business emanates. We thank you for building 'the academy' but I'd like to see you build a successful football side. And that my friends is the bottom line.
The following user(s) said Thank You   panthermike

R19 Panthers v Eels - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24771

• Bryan
  • Thank you received: 45
The first half was crap - albeit with only 1/3 possession. The 2nd half was much better - we basically stopped the one-out shit and started running with support, and targeting the Eel's Jennings-less Right side side defence. The fact that we could make such a turnaround says a couple of things:

1) The team has the ability to play cohesive footy, unlike the last couple of outings.
2) The Coach has the ability to fire the team up and identify opposition weaknesses and where to direct the attack, and the team has the commitment to play for each other and carry out the plan.

They were awesome in the 2nd half and, were it not for inexperience, would have won comfortably.

All of which says to me that criticisms calling for Griffin to go are premature. There's a long way to go, but I think he has the commitment of the team - something I wasn't sure about in the last couple of weeks.

I agree that Cartwright needs to be moved back into the forwards. He is NOT a 5/8. Can we use Docker-Clay? Or is he in the 2nd tier cap?

Great to get a win. Need to improve for the Broncos next Friday.

R19 Panthers v Eels - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24772

• TalentScout
  • Thank you received: 82
Puss wrote:
....... scout, there were some decisions/plays not befitting 'Origin' players. The attitude/philosophy/ mindset/teamwork is NOT filtering through all levels of our playing group. If they wanna be Harlem Globetrotters, try basketball.

Frustrating isn't it.?
I liked it when we had the bye(s), it gave my brain a rest. :blink:
The following user(s) said Thank You   Puss

R19 Panthers v Eels - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24773

• Puss
...... my brains on a par with souf's goat, but I know good football when I see it and I ain't seen much to cheer about at the foot of the mountains in a while.
The following user(s) said Thank You   TalentScout

R19 Panthers v Eels - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24775

• TalentScout
  • Thank you received: 82
I might just cut and paste the following every week. :whistle:

TalentScout wrote:
The effort (from the players) is quite clear to see. It's "game management" in both attack and defence where we struggle.
In game management there's communication, organisation, concentration, execution etc etc

I would like to see my/our team play with game management.

Eg: Work to create numbers, don't just put something on for the sake of it.
Set the opposition up to pull there pants down in front of (what may be) 15,000 supporters and millions on live tv.

For a few weeks in a row now, it's been us who have had our pants pulled down. :angry:

Teams train for different scenarios, different areas of the field. Sometimes you play what's in front of you, if nothing's on, sacrifice a tackle to get yourselves to a position on the field you've trained for.

Don't push passes that can give your opposition the upper hand in the arm wrestle.
Don't run sideways from one side of the field to the other, we have no depth for an attacking raid on the next tackle.
Etc etc

Number up and communicate in D. Win the wrestle, win the ruck.

Ps: I wouldn't be happy with a scrappy "W". (In saying that, it would help ease my frustration) :P

R19 Panthers v Eels - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24776

Hardaker was a very wise signing..

R19 Panthers v Eels - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24777

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
  • Thank you received: 108
Started like a house on fire.Our defence was rocking them and they seemed like they were being ambused, but it resulted in us conceding a penalty because Matagi hit a player's chest, then they scored the next set.Then we got another shit call in the DWZ knock on which led to the previously mentioned forward pass try.The floodgates looked to have opened as they made it 14-0 and it seems we've been refereed out of a game for the zillionth time in the past two seasons.When we started to get the quick play the balls going, they couldn't keep a lid on us as it led to a try from the hard running, determined RCG.Then another error by the officials compounded with an RCG injury led to the shittest of tries imaginable.A cocky no name winger scoring as a result of going up against a man down defensive line.Sure you were smiling then Bevan but you sure weren't when your dad left you when you were twelve.

In all honesty at half time i had a feeling we could still beat them.Parra were running on pure momentum after that gifted start from Cummins and the rest of Archer's moron army.It was only a matter of time till Cartwright and co. got their heads out of their asses as well and started to pressure that fragile, joke of a team.

And pressure we did.Peachey, Cartwright and Mansour all crossing for tries with one of them being cited as stemming from an error from the officials.Well guess what, you can shove those calls up your ass since you gave them this big lead in the first place, and that bunker overturn was comical at best(right call though) considering Parra fans bitched and moaned about that exclusively when that happened in the reverse fixture against them.So much for us getting the rub of the green for once.You trying to do what you do in Melbourne games by topping up the penalty count(rightfully so with all of our quick play the balls) just to make your performance look more balanced is outrageously pathetic.

So to conclude, Mansour proved that he is the best winger in the competition with a display that is baffling(that brain snap at the end though was stupid though), Moylan obviously still wasn't 100% after origin, Griffin thinks he only has three players on his bench, Cartwright looked to have learned a bit of a lesson when it comes to possession retention, Merrin is criminally underrated, Latu again was outstanding, Wallace's kicking game and general determination to make try saving tackles was brilliant and N.Cleary showcased great play here and there(that dummy :lol:) and...well...yeah.Still believe we'd be much more professional in how we play if Soward was in the 6 and Cartwright was back in the second row...but re-builds.

This season's been mostly stupid but ending Parramatta's season with a three try comeback is so god damn amusing.
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Panther Jack.

Its not Bryce's fault 1 year 6 months ago #24778

OMG.......Griffin has said

The issue is the players around him can’t keep up with the towering 21-year-old’s enormous skill set and vision for opportunity.
That was Anthony Griffin’s take on Cartwright’s performance on Sunday night after his future in the halves again emerged a topic of debate following Penrith’s 22-18 comeback win over a battle-wearied Parramatta.

Now Griffin a signal to the team they are the problem NOT Cartwright at 5/8th

Now this is the ideal thing to point out to players who bust their guts......its ALL your fault not Cartwrights

You blokes aren't good enough to keep up with his talent

That will do me..........Griffin HAS to be sacked.

Even an immortal on TV was trying to save Cartwright for his glaring mistakes in attack and in defence.

Oh no its not Cartwright...its the rest of the team.

Cartwright should be at the doctors this morning getting a flu needle.......he will need it after getting cold blasts as players ran past him last night and in advance of what Bennet will target this week.
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by steamboatfarmer.

Its not Bryce's fault 1 year 6 months ago #24779

• bab
  • Thank you received: 14
I can't believe Cartwright keeps picking him self at 5/8 He should never of got rid of Soward or Segyaro and he shouldn't of injured Martin Whare and Hiku lets sack the useless prick

Its not Bryce's fault 1 year 6 months ago #24780

I'm sure Griffin is alluding to his attacking skill set... There were a few opportunities in the game where players just had to be expecting the offload or at least catch it and we would of had a few more tries on the board.
He started the year strong defensively but in recent weeks it has rapidly declined!
We need a massive improvement to be any chance next week!

R19 Panthers v Eels - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24781

Nevertheless....

Us again playing garbage footy and being coached by an imbecile...always seems to boost the activity on our little forum!

Its not Bryce's fault 1 year 6 months ago #24782

• BathurstTom
  • Thank you received: 35
bab wrote:
I can't believe Cartwright keeps picking him self at 5/8 He should never of got rid of Soward or Segyaro and he shouldn't of injured Martin Whare and Hiku lets sack the useless prick

Add to that the dropped balls, missed tackles and the number of stupid penalties that Griffen give away every week....

Tom

R19 Panthers v Eels - Game Day Thread 1 year 6 months ago #24783

• mr walker
  • Thank you received: 129
A season in which we beat the slimies twice I always have thought was good. But, that is about all that is good at this time.
We seemingly tried to make it as hard for ourselves as possible, playing against probably the weakest NRL line-ups put on the field in a long time.

We are so far off the pace in terms of the better teams in the comp, that perhaps making the finals seems a waste of time at this point.

1. Mansour was awesome, amongst a number who had their moments.
2. for the Pommy, thought that was the best game ever played on the bench. Had to laugh, RCG goes down with what appears a serious elbow injury, comes to the sideline to be replaced, looks and sees Hardaker getting ready, turns and runs back onto field :-)

I recall that going to the footy was one of life's pleasures, but lately it is akin to going to the dentist.

To top it all off, we are subjected to speaker volume at an eardrum shattering level & then silence during the celebration music when the entire system went off, at least in the western stand.

Short turnaround for this week, so I guess we'll have to see what happens Fri night!

Its not Bryce's fault 1 year 6 months ago #24784

• bab
  • Thank you received: 14
BathurstTom wrote:
bab wrote:

Add to that the dropped balls, missed tackles and the number of stupid penalties that Griffen give away every week....
No that's Bryce apparently he is useless get rid of him and we will have a perfect side

Tom

Its not Bryce's fault 1 year 6 months ago #24785

• Griggsy
  • Thank you received: 22
I can't believe all the Cartwright bashing. Has anyone thought that every opposition team will now be discussing Cartwright and training to avoid his attacking skills. It will just take time and I am sure he will prove everyone wrong in the games to come. Cleary is only a couple of games in, give him a break, he will soon be another legend of our game.

There is one problem with our side and that is Griffen. The sooner he goes the sooner we will start consistently winning. Hand over the reigns to Garth Brennon. The majority of the team have won competitions playing for him. They will want to win for him again and I am sure we will start a winning culture at the club as he has already done this for the lower grades. In saying this I don't think Gus will ever sack Griffen and admit he was wrong.

Not looking forward to playing the Broncos in Brisbane but who knows, maybe because it is Griffen's old team, he might have a few tricks up his sleeve.
  • Page: