Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: R26 Panthers v Sea Eagles - Game Day Thread

R26 Panthers v Sea Eagles - Game Day Thread 1 year 4 months ago #25323

• Steve Tidball
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
Morning Panther Fans. Today is the last game of the regular season, before teams move onto the NRL & NYC Finals series.

The NRL Panthers Team seems to have a match booked in with the Bulldogs next week, with only end of season positioning to be determined. A win against the Sea Eagles will see the Panthers finish 6th. Regan Campbell-Gillard is the omission this week after fracturing two vertebra in the match against the Titans last week, but should be strongly favored to beat a struggling Manly side. Kick-Off is at 6:30pm.

The NYC Panthers will remain at the top of the table and have locked in the Minor Premiership. The temptation to rest players would be strong, but to put in a strong finish to the season and have momentum going into the finals is important. Panthers may look to experiment with the ball, so expect a replay of last years grand final to be quite an entertaining affair. Kick-Off is at 4:15pm

The Panthers are also able to clinch the NRL Club Championship today by winning both NRL and NYC games after Cronulla failed to win in both grades.

The NSW Cup team have moved into finals mode with the first round elimination final against the Warriors in New Zealand. These side had only just met last week, the Panthers victors 36-24. Expect the Warriors to review the tapes and come out a stronger side than last week, will make for a close contest. Kick-Off is at 1:35pm NZST.

Broadcast

NRL: Fox Sports 1 (Channel 501) *LIVE* 4/9 6pm
NYC: No Broadcast
NSW: No Broadcast

Games this week

Telstra Premiership: Penrith Panthers v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles @ Pepper Stadium [PEN 36 d. MAN6]
Holden Cup: Penrith Panthers v Manly Warringah Sea Eagles @ Pepper Stadium [PEN 47 d. MAN 14]
Intrust Super Premiership: New Zealand Warriors v Penrith Panthers @ Mt Smarts Stadium [NZL 21 d. PEN 14]

Telstra Premiership Full Time

Penrith Panthers 36 (Mansour 2, Cartwright, Watene-Zelezniak, Wallace, Blake tries. Cleary 6/6 Goals.) def.
Manly Sea Eagles 6 (J Trbojevic try. Wright 1/1 Goal.)

Half Time: Panthers 30 lead. Sea Eagles 0

Holden Cup Full Time

Penrith Panthers 47 (Crichton 2, Izzard 2, Brown, Waddell, Tuisese, Egan, Martin tries. Edwards 5/9 Goals) def.
Manly Sea Eagles 14 (El-Jalkh 2 tries. Hynes 1/3 Goals)

Half Time: Panthers 24 lead. Sea Eagles 6

Intrust Super Premiership Full Time

New Zealand Warriors 21 (Wells 2, Gavet, Allwood tries. Lino 2/4 Goals.) def.
Penrith Panthers 14 (Aunese-Scanlon, Tauilili-Palesasa tries. Dockar-Clay 2/3)

Half Time: Warriors 14 lead. Panthers 6
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Steve Tidball.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

R26 Panthers v Sea Eagles - Game Day Thread 1 year 4 months ago #25324

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 205
NSW Cup semi final kicking off at 11.45am Sydney time.

R26 Panthers v Sea Eagles - Game Day Thread 1 year 4 months ago #25325

• mutley
Moses Leota has taken he field in our NSW Cup semi final, so I am assuming we will be 1-17 as per program.

Warriors were leading 8-0 after 12 minutes, haven't heard any updates since, should be close to half time by now.

R26 Panthers v Sea Eagles - Game Day Thread 1 year 4 months ago #25326

• mutley
Updated score

Warriors 14-6 at halftime.

R26 Panthers v Sea Eagles - Game Day Thread 1 year 4 months ago #25327

• mutley
Warriors 14-12, approx 60 mins

R26 Panthers v Sea Eagles - Game Day Thread 1 year 4 months ago #25328

• mutley
Warriors 21-14 full time

R26 Panthers v Sea Eagles - Game Day Thread 1 year 4 months ago #25329

Wake up people!

Pocketed 5 hundge

Mansour first try scorer and Penrith 13+
Mock the goat no more my friends...he knows all.

The buzz in my household (the two of us) has not been felt for some time. Isnt it great to be a Panthers supporter!

(this team we have now is a lot better than the 2014 mob)

#juggernaut

R26 Panthers v Sea Eagles - Game Day Thread 1 year 4 months ago #25330

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 259
..... onya souf, may your curry powder turn to dust. ;)

R26 Panthers v Sea Eagles - Game Day Thread 1 year 4 months ago #25331

• richo
  • Thank you received: 111
The scary thing is we are probably not going to go to deep into the 2016 finals series given we will have to be at our absolute best justto get past the under performing Dogs.

But you know what we go into 2017 with the nucleus of the same side with the amazing acquisition of Tamou as our marquee signing and an abundance of hugely talented kids coming thru.

As a well respected former Panther said to me today the backs pick themselves but we have so may options for our forward it is awesome to even think about? I asked him what he thought our top 17 may be and he expressed the view by the end of 2017 when we are going into the semi finals we will be looking like;

Tamou
JDC/Soni Luke/Peter Wallace
Kikau
Cartwright
Yeo.
Merrin.
Cleary.
TMM
DWZ
Blake.
Whare/Peachy.
Mansour.
Moylan.

RCG.
Latu.
JFH.
Chris Crevsmuhl

His big tip is for Kikau to have a break out season in 2017 and he will be an automatic selection in or top 17 by the seasons end.

I should also mention my source was of the view ZDC will be the successor to Peter Wallace and get first crack should anything untoward happen to Wallace. That is the way the club is leaning even allowing for the fact they have played ZDC in any number of positions this season;
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by richo.

R26 Panthers v Sea Eagles - Game Day Thread 1 year 4 months ago #25332

• panthermike
  • Thank you received: 10
How did our junior sides go?

R26 Panthers v Sea Eagles - Game Day Thread 1 year 4 months ago #25333

• panthermike
  • Thank you received: 10
I once hated Manly now I just feel sorry for them......bite my tongue.

R26 Panthers v Sea Eagles - Game Day Thread 1 year 4 months ago #25334

First congrats have to go to the fans who turned up last night especially given it was Fathers Day and it was an unusual 6.30 kick off.......it was a large fun crowd.......well done Panther fans

Then to the team congratulations in entering the 2016 finals series with a winning game which allowed them to show off potency in attack and resolution in defence.

Manly had no answers for the class across the park in the Panthers.

Moylan was easily MOM but this kid Waqa is growing in confidence every week and boy does he have a motor under the hood.....if this kid gets a hint of open ground ,no one will catch him.

He is finding his feet and i hope his development continues and he will be the starting centre in 2017.

The team in the first half were clinical and simply did everything right.

The second half sort of fizzled but who can blame the kids in having their mind turn to next week.

ON next week......i will be at Allianz to watch the boys meet the Dogs and if nerves, anxiety, ambition can be held in check we will blow the dogs off the park.

The dogs have experience to burn at this end of the season so our boys will need to be on song to get the victory.....i believe we can get over the dogs.

Well done boys once again....this is now the beginning of something special for all of you.....enjoy every moment .

What happens from here is all in your collective hands.

Go The Panthers
The following user(s) said Thank You   mr walker

R26 Panthers v Sea Eagles - Game Day Thread 1 year 4 months ago #25335

• mr walker
  • Thank you received: 129
growing up here, it was always a great, if rare, year to have a win against Manly.

To do it twice in 2016 & finish in 6th is the stuff of dreams. We done lads! Can I also point out we beat Parra twice this year also :)

A dominating display for the first 40' had the game done & dusted. We are looking a more and complete side as the season goes on.

Not a poor player, they were all really good. Our first incomplete set came in the second stanza, and so again a little unfair to single out players, but JFH was awesome in that first 20'.

But, it has to be said. Moylan has gone to a new level in the last 6 weeks or so. He is really one of the top 10 players in the game now.
Gould, shut your mouth about all the BS that you go on with. You have a job to do this week - sign Matt for life - TODAY! I know it's going to cost some coin, but it must be done. How much, you say? I don't know, but if you consider that the $10M guy was on the other team last night, it will give you some clue.

Bring on Sunday!!!!!!!!

R26 Panthers v Sea Eagles - Game Day Thread 1 year 4 months ago #25336

• Bryan
  • Thank you received: 45
richo wrote:
I should also mention my source was of the view ZDC will be the successor to Peter Wallace and get first crack should anything untoward happen to Wallace. That is the way the club is leaning even allowing for the fact they have played ZDC in any number of positions this season;

I think ZDC is a huge talent, and was a bit surprised he wasn't blooded in first grade at some stage this year. But if you're right, and he's seen as the successor to Wallace, the club had better pull its finger out and re-sign him - he's only under contract for 2017.

R26 Panthers v Sea Eagles - Game Day Thread 1 year 4 months ago #25337

• Griggsy
  • Thank you received: 22
Congratulations to the Coach. A lot of us, especially me have been putting shit on him all year. He is done a wonderful job with such a young team.

I am also glad to see that Cartwright shut up a lot of his critics (from this site) and had a great game.

Bring on the Dogs
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley

R26 Panthers v Sea Eagles - Game Day Thread 1 year 4 months ago #25338

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
  • Thank you received: 108
We've waited almost two years for this Penrith fans.

Another crack at the Bulldogs in the finals.

You can tell the mind games have started once again, but we're not going to fall for it.Better chalk up another plan Dogs...quickly.

We're going to obliterate these bastards.

R26 Panthers v Sea Eagles - Game Day Thread 1 year 4 months ago #25341

• Puss
..... congrats to team and staff on qualifying for 2016 semis and thanks for some scintillating footy along the way.

Scout this fella Blake is passionate, rawboned, committed, brave and fast. In my mind he's a keeper. If he doesn't progress further in our ranks it will be a shame. It's up to the coaching staff to knock off the rough edges. But if you'd prefer him replaced with Peter Hiku then we'll have to agree to disagree. Waqa is growing with confidence and stature with each 1st Grade game. Pls don't give me numbers, I'm tellin you he will be the man that breaks the dogs this weekend. No, the goat didn't tell me that. I'm an ole bastard, he's just a kidd !!! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You   Pomoz, souf aussie panther, mr walker

R26 Panthers v Sea Eagles - Game Day Thread 1 year 4 months ago #25343

• TalentScout
  • Thank you received: 82
It certainly has been a big turn around for him.
He's taking what he is learning onto the field and it shows.

It wasn't that long ago he would've tried running over their players rather than draw and pass.
He's playing like a centre should.

He, his team, the coach and the supporters are all benefitting.

Like you said, he still has some areas to improve. But the "how to play centre 101" book I sent must've reached its target. :P

R26 Panthers v Sea Eagles - Game Day Thread 1 year 4 months ago #25346

• TalentScout
  • Thank you received: 82
Puss wrote:
..... But if you'd prefer him replaced with Peter Hiku then we'll have to agree to disagree. Waqa is growing with confidence and stature with each 1st Grade game. Pls don't give me numbers, I'm tellin you he will be the man that breaks the dogs this weekend. No, the goat didn't tell me that. I'm an ole bastard, he's just a kidd !!! :)

Puss,( FYI )
Not once in any of my posts have i stated that I would prefer Hiku over Blake. :dry:
I mentioned I'd try Carty there at training..
I've pointed out areas of improvement.

Waqa "had" bad "1st grade" problems in his game. There's no denying that. (Rocks and diamonds)

Like I said, to his credit he's taking what he's learning at training onto the field.. he's developing.
(if you want to go WAYYY back, I was One of the few in 2013 to acknowledge his talents). (Saying he's a keeper)

I hope you're right regarding breaking the dogs.. (I hope you don't get mule kicked.if the ball he "May" drop leads to the winning try or the pass he doesn't make, costs us a try) :P

R26 Panthers v Sea Eagles - Game Day Thread 1 year 4 months ago #25348

• Puss
.... no no, not accusing you of anything. Luv your passion and input. Don't worry been kicked before. But I keep getting up.
The Waqa Man is about to break loose and souf's goat is bangin on the door to up the multi ante. Luv ya work keep it up. Just be prepared for ole timers (like me) to argue now and again. That's what we do !!!!! ;)