Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: R9 Broncos v Panthers - Game Day Thread

R9 Broncos v Panthers - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 weeks ago #26048

• Steve Tidball
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
This weekends matches

Telstra Premiership: Brisbane Broncos v Penrith Panthers @ Suncorp Stadium - 27/4 7:50pm
Holden Cup: Brisbane Broncos v Penrith Panthers @ Suncorp Stadium - 27/4 5:10pm
Intrust Super NSW Premiership: Blacktown Workers v Penrith Panthers @ Harold Laybutt Sporting Complex - 30/4 3:00pm

Broadcast

Telstra Premiership: Fox League (CHannel 502) LIVE 7:30pm & Channel Nine LIVE 7:30pm
Holden Cup: No Braodcast
Intrust Super NSW Premiership: No Braodcast
The administrator has disabled public write access.

R9 Broncos v Panthers - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 weeks ago #26049

• Bryan
  • Thank you received: 45
Sorry to be negative, but this could get ugly. Milford could have Cartwright on toast & our pack needs to lift 60% at least.

Fingers crossed...

R9 Broncos v Panthers - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 weeks ago #26050

said it a few times but this game means a lot to Panthers.......at some point pride has to kick in and i think we might do it tonight

Players surely know the mood is turning against them and their efforts and best way to respond is to show what is possible.
The coach has so many strings to leverage off this week for the players to be up for this game.

I would say there is absolutely no excuse tonight for the Panthers.

I am hopeful we can win tonight not confident but hopeful

R9 Broncos v Panthers - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 weeks ago #26051

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 256
.... a win tonight would be most welcome but create more questions than answers.
It would certainly be regarded as an upset, but I'd take it gladly. :dry:

R9 Broncos v Panthers - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 weeks ago #26052

• LateMail
  • Thank you received: 10
I'm hoping that Merrin's selection yesterday in the Australian side inspires him to play like we know he can, and that helps lift Tamou, Latu and Leota to have big games as well.

This is the game for Merrin and Tamou to earn their large salaries and lead from the front to get the team out of this rut.

R9 Broncos v Panthers - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 weeks ago #26053

• Bryan
Agree with everything the last 3 posters have said.

We saw what this team is capable of last year in the back end of the season & the final against the dogs. Hope tonight is the start of a winning run of form.

R9 Broncos v Panthers - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 weeks ago #26054

Can we bench Moylen?

I didn't think he could play worse.

And can someone give the trainers a can of WD40?

R9 Broncos v Panthers - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 weeks ago #26055

16 missed tackles after 17 minutes......they wanna turn that around otherwise it won't be pretty :sick:

R9 Broncos v Panthers - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 weeks ago #26056

This is getting ugly pretty quickly.

16-0

Taylor got sacked by the tigers for less.

R9 Broncos v Panthers - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 weeks ago #26057

Can't tackle......can't score. I didn't think it could get worse, but it has

R9 Broncos v Panthers - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 weeks ago #26058

Make that 20-0

Good thing this isn't at home, or the pennies would get booed off at half time.

We're rubbish at the moment to say the least.

How hard is it to defend in a line and carry the ball correctly.

Simple things really. Either we are dumb as shit or don't care.

R9 Broncos v Panthers - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 weeks ago #26059

• Bryan
That Broncos' last try was a disgrace - not that it wasn't stopped, but there wasn't the effort to try & stop it.

On a positive note, Merrin's come in for a bunch of shit on this forum, but I thought he did well in his first stint.

R9 Broncos v Panthers - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 weeks ago #26060

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 256
.... lame ain't it?

season pretty much over
Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by Puss.

R9 Broncos v Panthers - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 weeks ago #26061

Half time wrap -

The good: the usual, Wallace, Yeo, RCG, Latu and that other second rower whose name is too hard to spell half tanked.

Merrin not playing too bad, maybe his naming in the test squad had incentivized him to improve his fitness.

As for the bad and ugly it's a broken record.

Blake is wasted on the wing. If he is not playing centre, give him a run in the second row.

At least they didn't score 50 in the first half.

Always look on the bright side of life ......

R9 Broncos v Panthers - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 weeks ago #26062

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
  • Thank you received: 108
Four minutes in and the tone is set with a diabolical bunker decision.

Another game thrown to the wolves.At least we beat Knights in the penalty count by one a month ago.

But please, let's completely ignore this and make sure Moylan, Blake and Hiku don't stay up past 7:30 from now on.We need that clean, good guy attitude to win the comp in 2032.
Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by Panther Jack.

R9 Broncos v Panthers - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 weeks ago #26063

Our defense is softer than a pack of pascals marshmallows.

R9 Broncos v Panthers - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 weeks ago #26064

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
The responses on this forum is an example of what is majorly wrong with the Penrith Panthers.

We SHOULD have got that try and if we did, the game would be totally different.

Trying to seem tough about it and saying we should overcome anything thrown at us is fucking hysterical.

Griffin needs to liven up in his press conferences and at the very least fucking reference this shit.Not just stand idly by as we get rammed week after week after week.

Everyone expects all 17 players to manage to play 100% whilst fully knowing when the opening whistle sounds, they already have to exceed the level of skill and work rate the other team possesses, ten fold, if they want to have any chance of walking away with the win.

Imagine doing weekly 1v1 100 metre sprints whilst fully knowing the other guy has an entire second head start over you.Simple psychological studies state you are going to perform shit.

Again, since I know a moron or two will say I'm saying the ONLY problem is the refereeing.It ISN'T.But it is the MAJOR contributor to our downfalls, as there's no fucking incentive to give us anything.

I've been repeating this for YEARS.Will anyone connected to the club finally get this through their thick fucking skulls and enact on it for god sake.

R9 Broncos v Panthers - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 weeks ago #26065

a few quick things

1.......who decided to change the game plan in the second half?

2.......Harlem football looks and works great when passes stick......stuck for 18 points

We went from mid field bombs with absolutely no effect to running the ball.....go figure someone in the team decided to change and we must know who that was!

Take out of the game

1.....Bennett will be livid they let in 18 and they lost their way although i suspect they put the queue in the rack at 28 nil

2....This Broncos team are finals bound but cannot win the comp

3....We were lucky we played the Broncos and not Raiders

It is clear beyond any doubt we have a coach who cannot coach and we have a GM who gave us this mess.

We had bad calls and gave cheap penalties away again but we still missed tackles, had no structure and had absolutely zip as a game plan.

Griffin and Gould should resign tonight

Our season is now over plain and simple.

R9 Broncos v Panthers - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 weeks ago #26066

• max cowan
  • Thank you received: 79
What would you like the club to do about the refereeing Panther Jack? Yes, that first overrule by the bunker was wrong and would have been a punishing blow but if, as you seem to imply, it was a killer blow at that early stage then in itself that represents a considerable problem of culture.

It seems to me the club has done an enormous amount to try and make the team successful.

But it also seems to me that what they have tried is more about buying than building - precisely the wrong approach for a Penrith team. Possibly for most clubs but I think especially for Penrith.

I don't necessarily mean buying players - that may be part of it, but not the main part.
Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by max cowan.

R9 Broncos v Panthers - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 weeks ago #26067

The only reason for Gould and Griffin not to resign if is the true reasoning for the five year plan is to minimize membership, minimize crowds, and minimize merchandise sales in order to justify a merger with a team whose name I can not bear to mention.

Other than that they must go.

Running hard an straight in the last 15 minutes, what a revelation!. Next they might try kicking grubbers for repay sets!

I thought Merrin had a good game, will be interesting to see his stats.

That last try from the Broncos was something special, a real classy play, which no doubt will be copied by many teams in coming weeks.

R9 Broncos v Panthers - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 weeks ago #26068

that would be impossible as it would require a game plan.....clearly neither of them can come up with one.

ROTFLMAO

R9 Broncos v Panthers - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 weeks ago #26069

• Dufeyz
  • Thank you received: 44
I completely agree with Panther Jack regarding the clubs stance on the poor refereeing standard.

The best coaches in the game, all have a go at the referees when they get it wrong (even when they get it right sometimes).

Trent Robinson, Ricky Stuart, Wayne Bennet, Geoff Toovey, Michael Maguire, Paul Green, Des Hasler and Craig Bellamy all blame the officials when the time is right. Five of those coaches are in the top 8, and the others have either also accused the refs of being wrong OR have had calls go their way this season.

Just like anything else in life, nothing will change until you complain. Remember Trent Robinsons statistics about penalty counts? He hasn't talked about it in a while has he?

Look at the blow up when the poor darlings of the NRL, Souths have a couple of shockers go against them. Didn't see maquire complaining when they played against us and had bs go their way. Souths will be lucky to get another call go against them for a few years now.

I fully understand the team is playing like crap. That is obvious to anyone. This refereeing is bullshit. When will it end?
The following user(s) said Thank You   Panther Jack

R9 Broncos v Panthers - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 weeks ago #26070

• mr walker
  • Thank you received: 129
Southernhillfan wrote:
That last try from the Broncos was something special, a real classy play, which no doubt will be copied by many teams in coming weeks.

Only works when the opposition line up as if they are feeding the scrum, not defending from it. Not defending the blind side - how embarrassing. Milford deserves kudos for noticing we don't have a clue.

Only saw last 20 mins or so as was out for dinner with friends - glad I chose that over watching the game, even though I had to put up with some knucklehead calling out the score with each Bronco try.

My thoughts on Gould are well recorded on here - nothing has changed to alter my opinion on him and his most recent coaching appointment.

Due to circumstances, despite laying out $330 for my ticket for this season, I have been able to attend just 1 game. So I have seen us score 2 points. Luckily I will be overseas when we play the Worriers at Pepper.

R9 Broncos v Panthers - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 weeks ago #26071

The issues of missed tackles and our poor effort in almost every measure is obvious but what i found troubling last night was our timing

Like the pass from Whare to DWZ who simply overran the pass.
Then there were the 2 passes from Cartwright to Yeo and CNH

There were others but the timing is so out its not funny

I am sure there are many on here who can offer some reasons why but its a real concern and anyone notice the "team" mentality is missing like when we score a try or put on a hard tackle......where is the whooping it up from the team?

Cannot see us fixing this unless there is a line in the sand drawn and assuming Griffin is safe because it would infect Gould i see only a couple of ways forward.

1.........Drop if not sack Tamou from the club

2.........Move Moylan to 5/8th

3.........Bring Edwards or Martin into the team at FB

4........Start Peachy at centre

5........drop Hiku

The forwards are our real problem and i would have

Wallace, RCG,YEO, Latu,CHN,JFG and Merrin as the starting team

I would have the bench.........Cartwright, Browne, Leota and any other forward who was fit and in form

We need a team with starch in the pack and we need a team who can will do the simple yet dirty work before we expand our game.

R9 Broncos v Panthers - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 weeks ago #26075

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
Dufeyz wrote:
I completely agree with Panther Jack regarding the clubs stance on the poor refereeing standard.

The best coaches in the game, all have a go at the referees when they get it wrong (even when they get it right sometimes).

Trent Robinson, Ricky Stuart, Wayne Bennet, Geoff Toovey, Michael Maguire, Paul Green, Des Hasler and Craig Bellamy all blame the officials when the time is right. Five of those coaches are in the top 8, and the others have either also accused the refs of being wrong OR have had calls go their way this season.

Just like anything else in life, nothing will change until you complain. Remember Trent Robinsons statistics about penalty counts? He hasn't talked about it in a while has he?

Look at the blow up when the poor darlings of the NRL, Souths have a couple of shockers go against them. Didn't see maquire complaining when they played against us and had bs go their way. Souths will be lucky to get another call go against them for a few years now.

I fully understand the team is playing like crap. That is obvious to anyone. This refereeing is bullshit. When will it end?

The best example of when a 'Thank You' should be given.

The coaches you listed are the exact kind of people to mount pressure on refereeing performances, even if the calls were correct by the rule book(Souths Dogs Good Friday clash anyone?).

The problem with this is that it's a double edged sword for us.There's no pressure to give us a decision yet there's every reason to give it to the other team as a result of them being fine with coming out and potentially putting a referee's jobs in jeopardy.There's zero incentive to give us decisions and there's even less incentive to acknowledge wrong calls that have been made against us.This is only not applicable if a game from start to finish was just trash and they want to make all of the commotion seem to be just about one decision(i.e round 3 vs Roosters).If fans are chucking cups onto the field at full time and chanting bullshit for the rest of the night, you'll have to make a statement one way or another.Unfortunately the NRL went the coward's way and made out that all of that calamity was just because of 'one lousy forward pass'."Really Penrith fans?Forward pass tries happen all the time", a simpleton on an NRL Facebook page comments.

Can we also talk about how Tony Archer and co makes us imaginary rules to back his referees?The justification he stated for overturning Tamou's try isn't even present ANYWHERE in the rules of any form of Rugby League, ever.Seriously, check out the video of him explaining it yourself and try to see if that's a real thing in a rule book.Hilarious.But if it was a Souths, Roosters or a Brisbane costing call, you bet your ass he'd step out of imagination land and hit them up with an apology.

Making up shit to once again smother any tiny ember of chance that we can at least make it not be for nothing.It happened when Koroibete didn't get charged for his hit on DWZ(explanation: it had an element of Rugby League(what does that even mean?) in it), it happened when one of our players became the first player to get charged for touching a referee even though he was the 70th player to touch one and it happened when the NRL changed the necessity to have conclusive evidence to sufficient evidence, using us the bitch every single time to get their point across to the other teams.

This shit ain't a conspiracy theory, it's a fact.The NRL uses us as a dummy test for new rulings when they just can't wait long enough to alert clubs with a change in their procedures.On top of that, we're to weak to stand up for ourselves, which results in pure inequity being made present against us even more so with the NRL trying to crackdown on a certain 'epidemic' whilst at the same time still being too weak to do so against clubs that will actually stand up for themselves.The message then will not come across as a result of the other clubs still doing it and the NRL will go back to trying to crack down on us again for said epidemic and thus, the infinite loop of bullshit against us is born.

"When will it end?".Uh, I suggest you watch Doctor Strange and the final 'boss battle'.That should answer your question.
  • Page: