Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: R10 Panthers v Warriors - Game Day Thread

R10 Panthers v Warriors - Game Day Thread 7 months 3 days ago #26114

• Steve Tidball
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
This is the place.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

R10 Panthers v Warriors - Game Day Thread 7 months 3 days ago #26115

• Bryan
  • Thank you received: 45
Martin & Kikau named in ISP, so the bench is Peachey, Browne, Latu & Corey HN.

Fingers crossed we can get the job done in good style.

R10 Panthers v Warriors - Game Day Thread 7 months 3 days ago #26117

Copy and paste the comments from last week.

No need to say more

R10 Panthers v Warriors - Game Day Thread 7 months 3 days ago #26118

Good to see our number one player score a try.

R10 Panthers v Warriors - Game Day Thread 7 months 3 days ago #26119

• TalentScout
  • Thank you received: 82
Half time
Panthers 6
Warriors 28

This Harlem footy is working a treat...
The dumbest team in the NRL.
How do some of these players make 1st grade?

Very frustrating to watch and embarrassing to support.
Actually, I don't support this type of football at all.

Give me structured /smart footy any day.

This is bullshit.

And now the commentators are saying we have to take risks.. haha
Ahh.. That's how we've been playing for weeks and it's NOT WORKING!!

I'll sit through the 2nd half and probably laugh some more at the way we're playing..

R10 Panthers v Warriors - Game Day Thread 7 months 3 days ago #26120

• Rabbit
  • Thank you received: 60
Hold up the trophy == 2017 Bryce Cartwright == Worst Performances in Panther colors ever. Taken the trophy from Neil Baker == Congratulations.

R10 Panthers v Warriors - Game Day Thread 7 months 3 days ago #26121

I am more than happy to eat humble pie if we keep playing like we have since half time. Keep it up penrith

R10 Panthers v Warriors - Game Day Thread 7 months 3 days ago #26122

• TalentScout
  • Thank you received: 82
Play direct and win..
Great meters, fast PTB's, creates momentum.
With momentum comes opportunities.

Awesome 2nd half.
Thank you.

R10 Panthers v Warriors - Game Day Thread 7 months 3 days ago #26123

Enjoying my humble pie right now.

I hope they watch the video of this game over and over and over.

First half - what not to do.

Second half - what to do.

Did they find a rabbits foot and four leaf clover in the dressing room at half time?

What a difference peachey made when he was on the field.

For mine, yeo was motm for a great performance both halves.

Interestingly, Cartwright had a shocker in the first half, and a blinder in the second.

Could this be the turning point of the season? Only time will tell......

R10 Panthers v Warriors - Game Day Thread 7 months 3 days ago #26124

• Goonji
  • Thank you received: 33
Unbelievable. First and second half for different / obvious reasons. Just happy to win at last.

R10 Panthers v Warriors - Game Day Thread 7 months 3 days ago #26125

• BathurstTom
  • Thank you received: 35
Southernhillfan wrote:
Enjoying my humble pie right now.

I hope they watch the video of this game over and over and over.

First half - what not to do.

Second half - what to do.

Did they find a rabbits foot and four leaf clover in the dressing room at half time?

What a difference peachey made when he was on the field.

For mine, yeo was motm for a great performance both halves.

Interestingly, Cartwright had a shocker in the first half, and a blinder in the second.

Could this be the turning point of the season? Only time will tell......

Well at least Cartwright has the excuse of being rusty after a layoff. But whatever, perhaps the witch doctor that put the curse on us has died and his curse died with him.

I did also hear (ABC radio) that the team got booed off at half time. Perhaps that had something to do with it too.

Let's hope.

Tom.
Last Edit: 7 months 3 days ago by BathurstTom.

R10 Panthers v Warriors - Game Day Thread 7 months 3 days ago #26126

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
  • Thank you received: 108
Definitely was some booing at the players, but it looked like a lot of it was directed at Cummins and co.
Last Edit: 7 months 3 days ago by Panther Jack.
The following user(s) said Thank You   BathurstTom

R10 Panthers v Warriors - Game Day Thread 7 months 3 days ago #26127

• shazza
  • Thank you received: 161
Without a shadow of doubt the first half of today’s game was the worst 40 minutes of football I’ve ever had to endure from a Panthers’ side. For the first time, certainly in my memory, our team was (justifiably) booed off the field at half time.
I seriously believe that at that stage, if Phil Gould and Anthony Griffin had been marched to the centre of Pepper Stadium and summarily shot, you wouldn’t have found a single witness in the 12,000 strong crowd willing to testify that a crime had been committed. I’m pretty confident though you’d have little trouble finding any number of “supporters” willing to confess to the indiscretion on the grounds that it was a justifiable mercy killing rather than cold blooded murder. 28-6 was bad enough, I shudder to think what the score would have been if 2 try hero Isiah Yeo hadn’t been there. He, and to a lesser extent, Reagan Campbell-Gillard, was the only player in the 16 man squad, to have a fair dinkum dip. And he kept putting in for 80 minutes. I say 16 man squad only because at that stage Tyrone Peachey was considered surplus to requirement and hadn’t had a run.

The fact that Cartwright was able to pull a couple of rabbits out of his hat in the second half, as only Cartwright can, didn’t alter the fact that he had a shocker at 5/8 and surely has had his last use of the number 6 jersey. He’s a gifted ball playing backrower who certainly won’t be getting his confidence or his mojo back while ever he continues to be selected out of position. And while ever Griffin defies all logic and continues to pick him at 5/8, he and the team will continue to suffer.

Yes, it was a great second half comeback but as impressive as it was, it was half a game of spectacular razzle-dazzle, tear-arse, throw caution to the wind football and not the 80 minutes of hard toil that is required to overcome genuine top 8 contenders. If it had been any side other than the Warriors, I too might have made an early exit, but it was the Warriors and as we all know, against these enigmatic Kiwis, it’s never over till it’s over. A coach capable of getting this rag-tag outfit into finals contention must be an incredible people person and motivator. What a shame we couldn’t attract such a person to the foot of the mountains.

Isiah Yeo was a runaway MoM for his Herculean effort, closely followed by RCG but special mention for their match winning 40 minute contribution goes to Matt Moylan, Peter Wallace, Nathan Cleary, DWZ, Waqa Blake, Leilani Latu and of course the enigmatic Tyrone Peachey who franked a brilliant performance with one of the most spectacular tries ever scored at Penrith Park.

It will be interesting to see the team selected for next week’s game against the bottom placed Newcastle, if no changes are made and radical changes need to be made, our moment in the sun might be transitory as today’s second half revival.

shazza
The following user(s) said Thank You   Puss

R10 Panthers v Warriors - Game Day Thread 7 months 3 days ago #26128

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 256
TalentScout wrote:
Play direct and win..
Great meters, fast PTB's, creates momentum.
With momentum comes opportunities.

Awesome 2nd half.
Thank you.

stick around it ain't over yet !

R10 Panthers v Warriors - Game Day Thread 7 months 3 days ago #26129

all i can say is thank you to the fans who booed this team off at half time.........i think that must of hurt and struck a chord.

and i am like Shazza........undecided about the second half but there were some things which were patently clear yesterday

Cartwright is NOT a play maker at #6.........he doesn't have the vision or capability to play at 6.

Yeo was legend as was Blake.

Blake was the ONLY player chasing down the runaways and he was passionate about it after the event.

Hiku's better days are behind him and Mansour will make a huge difference if he can return in good form and fitness.

In the second half i noted a subtle change and it ONLY occurred when Merrin and Tamou were on the sidelines.......we ran harder, we ran straighter and we did everything quicker.

But the bad.......we were so ugly in the first half it was as though we were just turning up to get paid.

It was simply ugly and we were lucky we were playing Warriors and NOT the Raiders.......if it was the Raiders we could have been down 40 nil at half time.

And this continues to be my concern....the coach had 2 weeks to prepare the squad for the game, not physically but mentally and yet despite having 2 clear weeks........we were not up for it

And the second half..i am more convinced warriors think they had it won and simply forgot about playing not to mention they had almost no ball

It was a win........ugly but a win.

The maths are simple and compelling.

we have to win 12 of the next 16 rounds to make the 8 and i whilst not impossible highly unlikely on what we showed yesterday and there are teams we have to play twice like Raiders,Manly and even Titans in the run home.

Our next 16 rounds are filled with teams who are in the or close to the 8 save for Knights and Tigers who we play again.

This has the feel and smell of last year when the players decided to lift and Griffin had nothing to do with it...........and its just as clear today as it was previously Griffin simply cannot coach.

I am happy we won and would be happier if Griffin was punted....because then i believe we could still make an impact despite where we are.

Just quickly on Moylan....this kid is NOT a f/b

Bring Edwards into FB.........move Moylan to 6 and Cartwright back to second row partnering Yeo.

R10 Panthers v Warriors - Game Day Thread 7 months 3 days ago #26130

• Bryan
  • Thank you received: 45
steamboatfarmer wrote:

the coach had 2 weeks to prepare the squad for the game, not physically but mentally and yet despite having 2 clear weeks........we were not up for it

Jeez, how does that make Steve Kearney look?

R10 Panthers v Warriors - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 days ago #26131

• BathurstTom
steamboatfarmer wrote:

This has the feel and smell of last year when the players decided to lift and Griffin had nothing to do with it...........and its just as clear today as it was previously Griffin simply cannot coach.

This makes a joke of your posts. So when the players drop the ball or give away penalties it's the coach's fault, but when the passes stick, it has nothing to do with the coach. It has been a poor season to date, but thanks for the comedy relief.

Tom.
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley, Bryan

R10 Panthers v Warriors - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 days ago #26132

i didn't see Griffin on the field.......maybe you guys should pay attention more.

Griffin has given us the worst record in almost every metric in the game

and yesterdays first half was a complete a failure as there has been

Griffin CANNOT coach........he is a player

i thought that was a simple distinction.perhaps too simple for some on this site

and to Bryan.....also clearly unable to read

This is the Panthers forum.if you want to talk about Kearney go to the warriors website

You guys should focus on the mess the Panthers are in......not posters or in this case..me.

Got any comment on the mess we are in??????

or indeed solution......if you are unable to come up with an original idea.....dont post anything

R10 Panthers v Warriors - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 days ago #26133

• BathurstTom
steamboatfarmer wrote:
i didn't see Griffin on the field.......maybe you guys should pay attention more.

Griffin has given us the worst record in almost every metric in the game

and yesterdays first half was a complete a failure as there has been

Griffin CANNOT coach........he is a player

i thought that was a simple distinction.perhaps too simple for some on this site

and to Bryan.....also clearly unable to read

This is the Panthers forum.if you want to talk about Kearney go to the warriors website

You guys should focus on the mess the Panthers are in......not posters or in this case..me.

Got any comment on the mess we are in??????

or indeed solution......if you are unable to come up with an original idea.....dont post anything

They must have taken Griffin off at half time.

LOL, LOL, LOL.

Many or all of the problems may well lie at Griffin and/or Gould's feet. But to say what you have said is plain wrong. It like saying if a player is bad for the team, but when the results are good it has nothing to do with the player. Rather simplistic.

Tom.

P.S. sorry for posting without asking you first.
Last Edit: 7 months 2 days ago by BathurstTom.

R10 Panthers v Warriors - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 days ago #26134

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 205
steamboatfarmer wrote:
And this continues to be my concern....the coach had 2 weeks to prepare the squad for the game, not physically but mentally and yet despite having 2 clear weeks........we were not up for it.
2 weeks to prepare, with half the squad away with the rep teams during the first week. The Warriors would have been in a similar position too.

R10 Panthers v Warriors - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 days ago #26135

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
  • Thank you received: 108
Moylan will never move to 5/8.

Please let this talking point die.

R10 Panthers v Warriors - Game Day Thread 7 months 2 days ago #26136

• Dufeyz
  • Thank you received: 44
If Griffin does have a game plan, we dont really see much of it when we constantly drop the ball or concede tries. That sort of stuff then puts pressure on the young guys and it seems they often can't handle it at the moment.

I'm not exactly a Griffin fan, but its not his fault that the players drop the ball or miss tackles etc.

Criticise him on his Bench Rotation, Player Selection and Tactics, but not when we don't even get into the game in the first place.

Speaking of Bench Rotation, Tyrone Peachey came on around that 45' minute mark and changed the game. Our forwards started running hard and all of the sudden we looked great. Towards that 65-70 we looked flat again, but by that time the Warriors were gassed and we got that lucky effort try at the end with DWZ combining with the Peach.

We play the Knights, who have definitely improved since we played them last. If we give them the same first half as Saturday, we may very well finish next round on the bottom of the table. The Knights defeated the Raiders, which is no small feat even though they werent exactly setting the world on fire.

How good is Issah Yeo? This man is a machine. Consistently week in, week out easily in our top 5. This week he stepped it up again for what i believe is a well deserved Man of the Match. Back in 2014, i didnt know too much about Issah, but he has developed into a quality, well rounded player. If in 1-2 more years the rest of our young guys develop like him, we should have a fantastic, consistent side.

R10 Panthers v Warriors - Game Day Thread 7 months 1 day ago #26137

• BigMac
  • Thank you received: 25
Isaah was always consistent and solid the difference being back in 2014 he was only 18 and skinny as a rake therefore lacked impact. You could see he was going to be great once he caught up physically and filled out.

R10 Panthers v Warriors - Game Day Thread 7 months 1 day ago #26138

Yeo is more than easily our best all year, week in week out.

He is certainly growing in skill, ability and confidence, and goes from strength to strength.

I've alsways had faith in his development as a player, and while still young, I wouldn't mind seeing the "C" next to his name next year (I would give Wallace the captains job for the remainder of this year).

I wouldn't trade Yeo for ANY of our current forwards.

R10 Panthers v Warriors - Game Day Thread 7 months 1 day ago #26139

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 256
..... absolutely. Pure 'footballer', no show pony here. B)
  • Page: