Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: R17 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread

R17 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread 5 months 2 weeks ago #26318

• Steve Tidball
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
This is the place.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

R17 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread 5 months 2 weeks ago #26320

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 205
1. Dylan EDWARDS
2. Josh MANSOUR
3. Dean WHARE
4. Waqa BLAKE
5. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
6. Matt MOYLAN (c)
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. James TAMOU
19. Sione KATOA
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD
11. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA
12. Isaah YEO
13. Trent MERRIN

14. Tyrone PEACHEY
15. Leilani LATU
16. Tim BROWNE
20. Sitaleki AKAUOLA

R17 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread 5 months 2 weeks ago #26321

• mutley
Our NYC team have had a 16-all draw

R17 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread 5 months 2 weeks ago #26322

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 256
..... our first dumb play inside 10 mins, more to come ?

R17 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread 5 months 2 weeks ago #26323

• Puss
..... geez we're ordinary.

Mansours bubble has burst, he's a marked man.

Our forwards are soft. Ref's havin a good game.

24 unanswered points, what's our excuse?

Games over, goodnight!
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by Puss.

R17 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread 5 months 2 weeks ago #26324

• mutley
Pathetic first half.

R17 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread 5 months 2 weeks ago #26325

agree with your comments but hasn't this been the case all year??

Mansour has clearly been identified with kicks and his punishing returns seem to have gone as well.

He is not alone though........i just don't know about Moylan..he is Captain and a SOO player and he is plainly dumb.

I cannot see us coming back from this although we have had miracle finishes recently, i just don't see one today

Great coaching hey!!!!

And they re signed this clown Griffin .....for even more years of pain for us long suffering supporters whilst Gould still collect his $1m a year.

R17 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread 5 months 2 weeks ago #26326

• Puss
.... steamboat, forget us long suffering supporters for a moment
i'ts worse than that, they're letting themselves down. Do they have
any (Panther) pride? This 17 are signed for next year, how do
they turn this debacle around?

R17 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread 5 months 2 weeks ago #26327

thats a great question......and really has a simplistic answer

this squad cannot do anything with this coach we have.

show me 1 single player who has improved under this coach?

Merrin cannot even make it for the SOO bench.

Worse stil we have this squad for at least 3 years and the same clown as coach

R17 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread 5 months 2 weeks ago #26328

• Puss
..... it's ok, Peachey will save us, but only if he's in the centres. ;)

R17 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread 5 months 2 weeks ago #26329

i feel sorry for the replacement hooker......Peachy should have been there from the kick off.

not coming on when the game is gone.......great coaching call hey to bring him on when the game is gone.

I cannot believe this squad has been almost the same for the last 4 or 5 games...playing like strangers.

R17 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread 5 months 2 weeks ago #26330

Wow......I think as supporters and members we've witnessed some ordinary performances over the years but my god.

25 missed tackles at half time. No heart . I'm sick of it.

Did we give this supercoach an extention? If so its probably the worst decision in the club's history
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by Lismore Panther.

R17 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread 5 months 2 weeks ago #26331

• mutley
About time we got out the "Hook Hook" banners
The following user(s) said Thank You   steamboatfarmer

R17 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread 5 months 2 weeks ago #26332

• Puss
.... Rabb's 50 plus I reckon. :ohmy:

R17 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread 5 months 2 weeks ago #26333

agree and disagree

this is what you get when you have a head coach who cannot coach.

I have been saying last year and this year he cannot coach and this is what you get.....cannot blame the players totally but where is our game plan......set moves....and dare i repeat myself game management

we led 8 nil and Moylan throws a dumb pass.......when he didn't have to

8-6 and essentially game over

but nothing will change with Gould and Griffin at the club with snouts in the money trough

R17 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread 5 months 2 weeks ago #26334

they are at 42 with 20 minutes to go

and we led 8 nil........if Griffin had any moral compass he would quit

this squad are not playing or interested in playing for him and it shows
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by steamboatfarmer.

R17 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread 5 months 2 weeks ago #26335

hate to think what Manly will do to us on that form and i don not believe Souths were that good...we were simply horrible

Griffin has no history of turning a side around or getting us ready for a game and i am deeply concerned with how we might respond.

Manly have been a revelation under Barret and he will have some extra incentive to return to Penrith.

Surely fans will call for Griffin and Gould to go.........lets not forget this is part of Gould 5 year plan.

ROTFLMAO

R17 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread 5 months 2 weeks ago #26336

Our worst performance since round round 1.

I can't believe Moylen was smiling and laughing after that second try for the bunnies.

Strip the captaincy from him, sack the coach.

I can't believe we didn't start with peach at hooker.

What a joke today was, as bad as anything under Elliot dare I say

R17 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread 5 months 2 weeks ago #26337

One of the scary facts is that if it wasn't for Moylan and his get out of jail theatrics we would be in contention for the spoon. Moylans performances recently have disguised a real problem with this team. With all the talent we have there is no excuse for the year we are having. Since last year basically the only thing to change other then a few positional changes is the change of coaching staff. From the leftover's from Cleary to a full staff of Griffins people. There my friends lies the answer.

LP

R17 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread 5 months 2 weeks ago #26338

• mutley
The following user(s) said Thank You   mr walker, Southernhillfan

R17 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread 5 months 2 weeks ago #26339

• mr walker
  • Thank you received: 129
Oh my! :ohmy:

I had a bad feeling about this game, but never expected that!

When we took the 2 early on, we showed the bunnies that we had no confidence. We scored a good try when Moylan identified Burgess defending at left centre, then we handed them 6 points and were never in it after that.

We get some of the most ridiculous tries scored against us.

As Puss says, we have the team 'we' apparently want for the next 3 seasons, and we are way off the pace - Souths are a bottom 4 team at best & we have lost to them twice!

Another wasted season it seems

R17 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread 5 months 2 weeks ago #26340

• Rabbit
  • Thank you received: 60
Lismore Panther is correct we have won 6 games and three of them we shouldn't have won. Got outplayed but still came up with a win.
I post about this all the time, but nearly every try they scored today there was a Kick involved, we lost the game last week from a kick and the week before against Canberra the game was even when both teams were trying to score using the ball in hand. Canberra come out in the second half and scored 5 tries from kicks.
Years ago the commentator used to blow up about how many tries were scored from kicks but no one does it anymore because it's an intrinsic part of the game. Panthers are trying to reinvent the wheel.
It's not so much the six points that you can seed concede when a try from a kick is scored,- Tries from kicks are Back breakers!!Think what the tries from kicks have done to our resolve they're just massive "head dropper's". If you can inflict that on the opposition you have to try. We Don't.
Recalling again what Lismore Panther said with our roster versus our performances the coach has to go.
The stuff I see that is so unprofessional is
1. The lack of a attacking kicking game and what I mean by attacking is you're players going up and trying to get the ball not waiting for your opposition to drop it or make a mistake. You have to approach the kick like it's going to one of your men that's going to it right, not one of the oppositions men that's going to get it wrong (a mistake).
2. Anybody who watches rugby league knows if you're losing the contest start the niggle the Panthers fell straight into the trap and it went badly against them, and the game turned on its head. They lost, and there was no need for it, in fact I would sack DWZ just to teach him a lesson. Burgess did a legitimate cheap shot (Smart). Unprofessional - you don't start the niggle when You're Winning - Period - Just unprofessional, undisciplined and stupid.
3. Unprofessional moment 3 - The captain has to point out to the refs what is happening in the match, it was obvious to anyone that was watching South's at the beginning were trying to slow the play the ball down, yet we were the ones getting panelized for ruck infringement, which Ray Warren called innocuous, the captain has to point it out to the refs, He should be blowing up royally to turn that situation around. Stuff like that completely turns the contest on its head. There is a reason Cameron Smith has been involved with so many winning teams, He is the greatest contest manipulator in the history of the sport, the guys for 5'10 and an accountant. Week in week out we are on the losing end of ref decisions. For that to happen, Our Captain must be too passive, he needs to be trained to rectify the situation.
For Example When we were leading 8- nil and we're in their Red Zone they laid in the play the ball area every single tackle for two sets. On the next set they got the ball and on the 2nd tackle Blake was penalized in the ruck -- you couldn't tell what the penalty was for, but the previous 12 tackles you could see it clearly, you could see what penalties could have been given for primarily wrestling, after Blake was penalized Moylan should be there saying what the f***!!! you should of penalized them in every single tackle in the last five minutes.
Where getting caned by the refs no doubt about it. Where getting kaned as much as Queensland and Melbourne don't get Kaned by the ref's. A commentator mentioned that Melbourne aren't manipulating the refs because of the amount of times they get penalized but they give away the penalties on purpose when their own defense is in trouble - it gives them time to restructure and get set. This is professional rugby league 2017, I don't like it, in fact I hate it! But I hate losing even more and if you want to win you going to have to do it as well, the same goes for kicking, I hate the fact that so many tries are scored from kicks also but the fact is they are!! and the Panthers are going to have to do it as well if they're going to go anywhere in this competition.
In a big picture sense they're doing so many things against how the game is played, and it is showing. Losing in that fashion should show them why the game is played that way!
It is not their effort!!! It's their mentality!! It's not even their discipline it is the mentality! - They play the NRL like it's the under 20s. It's like there looking for a thrill at every turn, It's the adult world, you sometimes have to be dour, logical, ruthless and give your opposition nothing.

Just on some of the performances today-
++I am a massive Mansour fan, But if he doesn't contest the bombs - he should know his jobs riding on it.
++If anyone gets involved in a stink when your leading in a game - Your dropped - If you're losing in a football contest and you start a stink legally you get a medal. Do this! don't do that! period.
++Peachey being left on the bench for the whole half for the second time in three games??? - Sack the coach - especially when the current centers are doing absolutely nothing - Manly is killing it - there centers are everywhere it's like there's ten of them - there doing hit ups at light speed - you can't wrestle that - In some of the sets Manly's backs are doing every hit up. - Our centers are adding zip to the contest. - They may as well go sit in the stands and eat hotdogs.
++Why are they not off loading now - No second phase play. South's with a second rate team showed them how,
-- Second phase play with lots of kicks.
++Is it me - when I see the coach in the box there is no emotion! When he gets interviewed he is so expressionless - He looks like the kid who belongs in the special class. Is there anything happening upstairs?? You can tell by this post how passionate I am about the Panther's - This coach is my antichrist - Go take a flying jump anywhere. Get lost!!!!!

This is the problem with Gould appointing him- Sacking him, means admitting he was wrong. I think he is too narcissistic to do that. I hope he proves me wrong by giving Griffin an almighty punting back to Queensland.
The following user(s) said Thank You   Lismore Panther, BathurstTom, hk panther

R17 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread 5 months 2 weeks ago #26341

this is the draw for us
Rabbits....away..........LOST
Manly.....home
Warriors...away
Titans....home
Dogs....home
Tigers...Away
Cowboys...home
Raiders...Away
Dragons...home
Manly...away

Out of these games on yesterdays form, who would you expect we beat???????

Despite our obvious passion there is no chance of Griffin and Gould being sacked we have to be creative and think about what we can do with what we have

In the first instance i would drop Tamou.....get him to Windsor Wolves to get fit and learn how to play for 60 minutes at least

I would also drop Moylan to Windsor Wolves and take the Captaincy from him.......he has to learn to do less and not consume all the oxygen as he does from Cleary.

I would ask Cleary to be more decisive......run the ball and the plays ala what Reynolds did yesterday.

I would slot Latu back into starting prop with RCG with JFH in the second row and consider CHN even at 5/8th as he can run/tackle and has a pass.

And Merrin would go on notice his position is under scrutiny but i think his fitness needs to improve.

Griffin seems fixated on keeping players in the squad and is unable to say you are dropped...........and the players know this and why they seem to not respect him (note Moylan breach of trust this year)

Moylan needs to be dropped and today.

That is about as likely as Griffin being sacked.

And on Griffin......the press conference with Moylan and Griffin was a joke.

Sure Griffin is reserved and not the type who would scare too many people but he needs to get this teams attention.

At some point the penny will drop but then again i said that with Elliot as well.

Now Gould is supremo.......and his 5 year plan is working out a treat.....and this is the mob we have for the next 3 seasons.

Thank god Newcastle are in the comp because we could have been wooden spooners.......but still think we will finish second last and doubt we will win another game this year

Updated Injury List

Isaah Yeo (ankle, indefinite), Peter Wallace (groin, Round 18), Bryce Cartwright (knee, indefinite), Mitch Rein (illness, Round 18), Dean Whare (jaw, indefinite).

That makes things tougher........Yeo and Whare out indefinitely
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by steamboatfarmer.

R17 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread 5 months 2 weeks ago #26342

• Puss
..... going on the crowd yesterday there's a few supporters out 'indefinitely' as well.

R17 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread 5 months 1 week ago #26343

• shazza
  • Thank you received: 161
With 50% of possession and a completion rate of 90%+, the two long range tries from Alex Johnston right on half-time were looked on by most Panther supporters as a momentary lapse in concentration, an unfortunate setback, rather than a portent of things to come. Another Johnston try a minute after the resumption put the writing on the wall for what turned out to be our biggest drubbing of the season.

Einstein once stated that matter, time and space can neither be created nor destroyed but can only be changed from one form to another. Adam Reynolds obviously didn’t get the memo because for 60 minutes of yesterday’s game he created space for his outside backs at will. The main beneficiary being five try hero Alex Johnston.

It wasn’t new or innovative what Reynolds did, it was just basic good football. Keep your backline spread wide and deep and let the ball do the work. The fact that his kicking game was also right on song just made matters worse for the hapless Panthers whose backline organization, positional play and defence were practically non-existent.

Reason dictates that there’s more room on the outside than there is on the in and the Bunnies exploited this fact to perfection. Typical of their approach to the game was the try they scored just after the break. Off the back of an Angus Creichton rampaging run down field the Souths’ players kept their shape and just refused to let the ball die. The Panthers’ usually impeccable scrambling defence failed to shut down anything and eventually they simply ran out of troops, allowing Johnston to stroll over in the corner without a hand being laid on him.

I feel sorry for our forwards because they more than held their own against the big mobile Rabbitohs pack. The Burgess triplets had their best game for the year and their performance was matched by the rest of the Souths’ big men. Angus Creichton in particular, had an outstanding game that had future SoS player written all over it.

I don’t want to diminish South Sydney’s performance in any way but there is no getting away from the fact that the Panthers backline, which was to all intents and purposes dysfunctional, while not the sole reason for the Rabbitohs win, was certainly instrumental in Penrith’s defeat. Their positional play in attack and defence was just plain awful. Souths, on the other hand, played as a well drilled unit. They kept their shape and supported each other at all times and as a result always appeared to have players to spare. They certainly had full grasp of the principles of creating an overlap. Letting Alex Johnston, with a full head of steam up, get on the outside of you is courting disaster. Letting him get on the outside of you, with a full head of steam up, five times is tantamount to suicide.

Congratulations to the selectors who continued to play Isiah Yeo with his niggling foot/ankle injury. He’s now gone for the foreseeable future. Pure genius.

Merrin had a strong first half and was the best of the forwards. Edwards was under enormous pressure but handled himself well, particularly when forced to bring the ball off his own line. Peachey coming off the bench into the forwards was totally ineffectual and bringing “strike weapon” Sitaleki Akauola on in the 67th min. could only be described as an inspired piece of interchange chicanery. The facial injury to Dean Whare might finally give Peachey an opportunity to slot back into his most potent position, centre. We can only hope.

Shazza
  • Page: