Panther Pride

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Parramatta fined $1m and deducted 12 points

Parramatta fined $1m and deducted 12 points 1 year 7 months ago #24198

The Eels salary cap sanctions have been announced with 5 Board members being told to resign plus a $1m fine and the deduction of 12 points

Plus there appears to be some caveat with the Eels having to meet the salary cap for 2016 which would mean they have to discard some players immediately...........can we afford Norman?

I actually think this is not enough.....Dogs and Storm lost all points and i think this should have been the case for the Eels.....the loss of points to make it impossible to make the 8.
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by steamboatfarmer.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley

Parramatta fined $1m and deducted 12 points 1 year 7 months ago #24199

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 205
Agree that they should not be allowed to play finals, although losing 12 points will still make it hard. They will need to win at least 11/15 (plus 2 byes) from here to have any chance of making it. I think that will be a pretty big ask for any team in this competition.

Parramatta fined $1m and deducted 12 points 1 year 7 months ago #24200

It has been confirmed Eels have to shed players immediately as they are currently $500k plus over the salary cap for this year.

That raises more concerns and the games they have won this year have been won on a team over the salary cap..........pity the poor teams who played them and lost to them!

Then Eels only have to June 30th to get rid of players and this is more concerning as who would be in a position to take any players from the Eels and yet remain under their own salary cap.......i guess the Knights come to mind as maybe being in a position to take Eels players and still be within their cap.

They are talking 5 to 8 first graders to be dumped from Eels.........and what player would want to join the Eels going forward with this mess swirling around?

This could put the club back years...............enter stage left Gould and his grand vision to amalgamate Panthers and Eels.

Keep and eye out for this scenario.

Parramatta fined $1m and deducted 12 points 1 year 7 months ago #24201

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 256
..... 'the Peels'? :ohmy:

Mate you shouldn't even joke 'bout such things. :pinch: :sick: :S

Parramatta fined $1m and deducted 12 points 1 year 7 months ago #24202

• Kevin
  • Panthers Hate Parra
  • Thank you received: 186
:evil:

Parramatta fined $1m and deducted 12 points 1 year 7 months ago #24205

• mutley
With Watmough out injured & due to retire, that might be their avenue to getting back under the cap.

Parramatta fined $1m and deducted 12 points 1 year 7 months ago #24206

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
  • Thank you received: 108
steamboatfarmer wrote:
This could put the club back years...............enter stage left Gould and his grand vision to amalgamate Panthers and Eels.

The following user(s) said Thank You   Kevin

Parramatta fined $1m and deducted 12 points 1 year 7 months ago #24207

its not a joke.......he did try it once before and just failed in getting it up.

watch this space as the machinations of a club spiralling out of control in the Eels present opportunities for the vultures.

Mind you when Gould previously attempted this it was Panthers in a mess.

Parramatta fined $1m and deducted 12 points 1 year 7 months ago #24208

• max cowan
  • Thank you received: 79
steamboatfarmer wrote:
its not a joke.......he did try it once before and just failed in getting it up.

watch this space as the machinations of a club spiralling out of control in the Eels present opportunities for the vultures.

I can't describe the depth and breadth of my amusement at this allegation.

Parramatta fined $1m and deducted 12 points 1 year 7 months ago #24209

• Steve Tidball
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
steamboatfarmer wrote:

Um... the facts are a bit out of whack and back to front there steamboatfarmer.

I suggest you read the book "The Panthers: Men In Black" by Larry Writer and Gary Lester

You may then understand why Max finds your post amusing.

Parramatta fined $1m and deducted 12 points 1 year 7 months ago #24213

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
  • Thank you received: 108
Steve Tidball wrote:
steamboatfarmer wrote:

I suggest you read the book "The Panthers: Men In Black" by Larry Writer and Gary Lester

Great read that was.Remember Johnny Faragher giving me a copy for free when i was at Panthers a few years ago.Memory's probably fuzzy, but weren't we far more reluctant to merge than Parra whom were considering it?Remember one of our board members said an "over my dead body" esque line.

On a related note to everyone, if you don't already have a copy of it, go on a hunt for one.Also some funny **** about Politis calling us a club in crisis after a photographer we hired discovered they forged their attendance numbers. :lol:

Parramatta fined $1m and deducted 12 points 1 year 7 months ago #24215

• mutley
Wasn't Gould with the Roosters when the amalgamation issue came up?
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by mutley.

Parramatta fined $1m and deducted 12 points 1 year 7 months ago #24216

how are we with our salary cap?

could we poach Norman from the Eels?

Parramatta fined $1m and deducted 12 points 1 year 7 months ago #24217

• TalentScout
  • Thank you received: 82
Who would help them?
If anyone (who has cap space) does agree to take players, they allow Parra to fight for a spot in the 8 which in turn may cost themselves a spot.
The longer it takes them to offload players, the more chance other teams have of making the 8.

They either have to get rid of 2 (maybe 3) mid range players, a high profile player or a mixture of fringe, mid players. Plus the 5 board members who don't look like budging.

They (the board) cheated!! I do feel (ever so slightly) for the players and fans, but, at the end of the day, they've pulled the pants down of the NRL for 5 of the last 6 years.

We offloaded ET just prior to this announcement, maybe Gus has his eye on someone? :dry:

Parramatta fined $1m and deducted 12 points 1 year 7 months ago #24218

• mutley
steamboatfarmer wrote:
how are we with our salary cap?

could we poach Norman from the Eels?
There has been rumours that we will sign Norman next week. Might explain why we let Taylor go.

Parramatta fined $1m and deducted 12 points 1 year 7 months ago #24219

• max cowan
Steve Tidball wrote:
steamboatfarmer wrote:

And for a more in depth look at that particular episode get a copy of Panthers, Politics and Passion by Jennie Bentley.

Parramatta fined $1m and deducted 12 points 1 year 7 months ago #24231

• Ross
  • Thank you received: 353
steamboatfarmer wrote:

I don't visit this site as often as I used to but after reading random posts like this I think I might have to make my visits here much more frequent.

Gave me a good belly laugh. :lol:
"To be a Penrith Panther is an honour. A privilege ... we don't just let any bastard in." - Dave Applebee

Parramatta fined $1m and deducted 12 points 1 year 7 months ago #24234

• richo
  • Thank you received: 111
Corey Norman is NOT coming to the Panthers. Yes Gus Gould is as good as the rest of them at throwing out smokescreens but his denials on this occasion are spot on. We are NOT in the market for Corey Norman confirmed yesterday by an independent source connected to the club. It is not happening, was never happening and will not change in the future. Any forum talk about him coming to us is futile because I am sorry guys but it is just not happening.
The following user(s) said Thank You   BathurstTom

Parramatta fined $1m and deducted 12 points 1 year 7 months ago #24239

• panthermike
  • Thank you received: 10
I don't care how you cut it Parra eels cheated, they are complaining and bitching but they had an advantage other clubs didn't, and now they are blaming everyone else and looking for scapegoats [but NOT in their club] and they don't care who they hurt in the meantime.

Parramatta fined $1m and deducted 12 points 1 year 7 months ago #24249

• max cowan
Don't worry plenty of clubs have similar advantages as Parramatta - other clubs' principles around third party agreements are not dissimilar to those at Parramatta - other clubs are just not as sloppy as Parramatta.

Parramatta fined $1m and deducted 12 points 1 year 7 months ago #24261

one will never know of the complicity of players in this debacle at Parramatta but i feel for Peats.

I know his contract was only valid for this year and had to secure a new contract in any event but here you have a man who is married with children having to uproot his family and not move from Parra to Penrith but to another State with all that involves to pursue his career.

He might have ended up in QLD anyway but his negotiating ability to secure a handsome contract based on his ongoing form and if Parra made the GF his appearance at that level would have added even more to his value

I suspect the NRL by some means are covering this guys costs and relocation......to smooth the way for him to exit quietly

On a larger note i am deeply concerned how the NRL have handled this and in my view given the Eels a soft penalty.

Storm were stripped of competitions and points.....and the Dogs lost its points.

Eels seem to be given an easy out and one could ask the question...........why doesn't any club now circumvent the salty cap as the only fine by precedent is 12 point deduction and this is many years after the initial default.

And the guy who was appointed to oversee the Eels to meet the deadline of today is the very auditor who missed the salary cap breaches.

why not bring in a 3rd party auditor who could oversee the Eels and be independent of the NRL and Eels.

I can only imagine what penalty would have been handed to Panthers if it was us who were found to have lied and misled the NRL and breached salary cap rules.........the NRL look completely out of their depth in this matter and reflects a larger view i have.......we have dopes running billion dollar corporations and the NRL is still bogged down with nepotism and cronyism

Parramatta fined $1m and deducted 12 points 1 year 5 months ago #24668

• mutley
Parra have been officially stripped of 12 points & fined $1Million as of this morning.
The following user(s) said Thank You   TalentScout

Parramatta fined $1m and deducted 12 points 1 year 5 months ago #24675

• TalentScout
  • Thank you received: 82
Clap clap clap clap

Up the ladder we go.! Another rung closer to the 8. B)

Parramatta fined $1m and deducted 12 points 1 year 5 months ago #24683

• panthermike
  • Thank you received: 10
Systematic rorting over many years and they get to keep all the win results even though they had players they should not have had. And they will not accept or admit that they have done anything wrong.[except for being caught]
Having said that I hope we will never do the same.

Parramatta fined $1m and deducted 12 points 1 year 5 months ago #24686

i am in disbelief they were only deducted 12 points.

but wait there is more

it is being reported today Norman has admitted to receiving 3rd party cash payments which were NOT part of this investigation.

So much for the audit Schubert did of and within the club.

Caesar investigating Caeser

The NRL sent in "their man" to deliver the outcome "they wanted" because its the Eels.

Parra should have lost EVERY point this year.....and this includes game to be played.

They should end the season on zero points

I hate to think what the penalty would have been if it was Penrith.

The NRL are a joke.
  • Page: