Panther Pride

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Panther Fan - New To The Blue Mountains.

Panther Fan - New To The Blue Mountains. 4 years 1 month ago #19099

• Hills
Hi all,

My name is Stephen, I am 20 years old, a 3rd year apprentice electrician and have just moved to the Blue Mountains Area.

I have been a Panthers fan for as long as i could remember, but i am originally from northern NSW so growing up I never had the chance to see the Panthers.

For the past few years I have been residing in the Pennant Hills area of Sydney and have had the chance to see our boys a few times and it has been a great experience.

I have very recently moved to Hazelbrook in the Blue Mountains to live with my girlfriend and am hoping to make some friends and was hoping I could reach out on the forum to see if anybody could point me in the right direction for things to do, see, be part of in the area as i have little prior experience.

Not sure is that even makes sense but im sure you get the idea.

Kind Regards
Steve H
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Panther Fan - New To The Blue Mountains. 4 years 1 month ago #19100

• Panther Dave
  • Thank you received: 73
Welcome Stephen.

Panther Fan - New To The Blue Mountains. 4 years 1 month ago #19101

• LShunter
  • Thank you received: 73
Geez, what an introduction to the Mountains you've had! Welcome aboard mate.

Panther Fan - New To The Blue Mountains. 4 years 1 month ago #19104

• Stefan
  • Thank you received: 39
Welcome Hills. Our family moved to Springwood about 3 months ago. Extremely tough initiation but I guess the positive is both of us will be well prepared with our "Bush Fire Survival Plans" in the future

Panther Fan - New To The Blue Mountains. 4 years 1 month ago #19106

• Jagman
  • Out of the darkness we will come!!
  • Thank you received: 150
Hills wrote:
Hi all,

My name is Stephen, I am 20 years old, a 3rd year apprentice electrician and have just moved to the Blue Mountains Area.

Hi Mate, my name is Jason and I work for a large Test & Measurement distributor in Sydney. If you want I'd like to help you out with a nice clamp meter. We like to look after apprentice's and as NSW Sales Manager I have the ability to help out. PM me your address if you would like this gift.

As for things to do, well Wentworth Falls is a very romantic spot to take your girl, and Leura has a very impressive wine cellar under the bottle shop on the main street if that's your thing. Many of the wines you won't be able to afford, but it's impressive viewing.

And welcome aboard buddy.
Life is a lesson that some never learn.

Panther Fan - New To The Blue Mountains. 4 years 1 month ago #19113

• Steve Tidball
Another Steve ay?

Welcome mate. I'm one of the many Steve's here, as well as being the admin here. If you have any problems with the site, let me know, I'll be more than happy to help.

As far as places to go in the Mountains there are almost too many to mention, though some obviously been affected by the bushfires (such as the Zig Zag Railway)

A real good resource for things to do (to save me mentioning them all) is the Blue Mountains Australia website at http://www.bluemts.com.au/. Though you need to at least check out Scenic World at Echo Point, our very own Rob Weaver had a gig out there and could probably recommend a tonne more places up there as well.

...and don't forget when footy season comes around to get a Panthers Membership and get out to the games at Centrebet Stadium in 2014, it's where a majority of us fan will be on Game Day.

Again, welcome to the site, and welcome to the Penrith Valley / Blue Mountains.

Panther Fan - New To The Blue Mountains. 4 years 1 month ago #19120

Hi Hills,
If you like live music this website covers what's on in Katoomba and other stuff in the upper mountains.
katoombawaltz.com.au/
The site is run by a big chooks fan but other than that is pretty good ;-)
The mountains are a fun place to live- hope you enjoy and get to a few more games.