Panther Pride

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Forum Hacks

Forum Hacks 4 years 1 month ago #18634

• BroncosHQ
  • Thank you received: 3
I'm from BroncosHQ, the Brisbane Broncos forums, we have just been hacked within the last hour and the Cowboys forums got hacked yesterday or the day before. This is just a friendly warning for you guys to take whatever security precautions necessary to try to prevent this from happening.

Good luck!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley, Jagman, Dufeyz

Forum Hacks 4 years 1 month ago #18635

• Steve Tidball
Appreciate the heads up Broncos HQ.

I think we were attacked this morning, the 'hackers' were using a session hack to bring down the site, it didn't work but it did do minor damage to the session table. A quick repair on the table has resolved the problem. We keep daily backups of the site for this exact situation.

If you guys need any help over there with getting your site back up and running feel free to contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Forum Hacks 4 years 1 month ago #18636

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 200
I had a bit of trouble logging on last night approx 7pm-10pm. Don't know if there was something going on, or if it was something on my end (my computer was having a few issues yesterday).

Forum Hacks 4 years 1 month ago #18637

• BroncosHQ
Steve Tidball wrote:
Appreciate the heads up Broncos HQ.

I think we were attacked this morning, the 'hackers' were using a session hack to bring down the site, it didn't work but it did do minor damage to the session table. A quick repair on the table has resolved the problem. We keep daily backups of the site for this exact situation.

If you guys need any help over there with getting your site back up and running feel free to contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
It seems they used a VBulletin exploit to hack our site...
We're back up and running now thanks!

I will PM you particulars Steve...

Forum Hacks 4 years 1 month ago #18641

• BroncosHQ
This seems to be quite spread.
Knights, Sharks, Cowboys, Titans, RL, Bulldogs are confirmed hacks (or attempts)

Forum Hacks 4 years 1 month ago #18643

• Steve Tidball
BroncosHQ wrote:
This seems to be quite spread.
Knights, Sharks, Cowboys, Titans, RL, Bulldogs are confirmed hacks (or attempts)

You may want to pass on the message that if any of them use Google Adsense that they should check their advertising code. Usually the first thing 'hackers' go for when they gain access to forums is the Google Ads, they replace the 'Adsense UA Code' with their own, virtually stealing any revenue they make.

If they notice their Adsense revenue is at $0.00 for a few days, it's probably the case (or really bad traffic of course).