Panther Pride

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Major Data Loss Incident. What you need to know.

Major Data Loss Incident. What you need to know. 3 years 3 months ago #19566

• Steve Tidball
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
For those of you who frequent the website, you may have notice I has been offline these past few days. We have experienced a failure of the server hard drive and operating system. this resulted in not just damage to the website but several backups.

A decision has been made to change our website server supplier and restored the site from backups made in March. Due to this we have lost a fair bit of data. A change in how this site is backed up and some fail safes to ensure the running of the website in the unlikely occurrence of this problem in the future.

Q: Have you opened an account with Panther Pride after 2nd March 2014?

A: Due to a major incident with our servers we have lost most user data past the 2/3/2014. You will need to open a new account with us to able to contribute to the forum.

If you experience any problems you encounter opening a new account, please contact us by email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Q: My post has gone missing from the forum. Why?

A: The same data loss has resulted in posts from April, May and June being lost. If we can salvage any posts in future attempts we will upload them to the forum.

Q: Where is the tipping competition?

A: It was lost with the rest of the data. We do have a snapshot of the leader as of Round 18 and will pay out on that result, of which we will announce in the coming weeks.

The 2015 competition will be run offsite due to this incident (as well as problems with glitches )

Any other questions, queries, or problems, please contact us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last Edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Steve Tidball.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley, Pomoz, Panther mike, ACTPanthers, Ross, North Shore Panther, brown, Dufeyz