Panther Pride

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Xmas drinks?

Xmas drinks? 4 years 11 months ago #2246

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 200
During all the goings on last week it was suggested that we get together for Xmas drink. Who would be interested? What date/time suits you? What would be your preferred venue?

For me, any Saturday except 1st December is good (at this stage). Start any time (although I may be late if I'm working on the day). Prefer Sports Bar at Panthers or Paceway.

Will leave it up to the majority to decide the details :P
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by mutley.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Xmas drinks? 4 years 11 months ago #2247

Sounds good to me. I was looking forward to the dinner on December 1 so this may be a good opportunity for members of this Forum to have a few drinks for the Festive Season.

Xmas drinks? 4 years 11 months ago #2254

• StrawberryBlonde
  • @MrBowls @PDJRLUpdates @PanthersWeekly
  • Thank you received: 72
The only saturday I have free is the first as I had arranged to have that off for the dinner.
Member #13736 #WeOwnTheWest #PantherPride

Xmas drinks? 4 years 11 months ago #2257

• Daz
  • Thank you received: 152
What about Fri Nov 30th? Can watch the final session of Day 1 of the WACA test.
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley

Xmas drinks? 4 years 11 months ago #2259

• mutley
Not a bad idea Daz. Was thinking of looking at times when there was cricket or something on to help keep us entertained.

I could possibly make 1st Dec if we started early (would need to leave by about 4pm), or if I didn't show up until after 10pm (go to another function I have already paid for first).

Would an early start help you on another day Strawbs?

Xmas drinks? 4 years 11 months ago #2260

• Daz
1st would be preferable for me too. Whole afternoon watching the cricket with a few of the forum crew would be nice :)

Xmas drinks? 4 years 11 months ago #2265

• Panfas
  • Thank you received: 13
I might be up for this, I was looking forward to the Launch Function to finally get to meet some of the Twitter peeps and the Forum lads
I was there in 2003

Xmas drinks? 4 years 11 months ago #2305

• Nads J
  • Thank you received: 130
I was also thinking the first of December but that is the one day Mutley can't do
The views expressed above are my own. If you find these views offensive please follow the complaints process. Or just skip reading what I post.

follow me @NadsJcarta

Xmas drinks? 4 years 11 months ago #2306

• mutley
I can make it for a while as long as we start early (and/or finish late). If we are going to get there in time for the cricket to start, that would mean starting about 1pm. I don't have to be at Crows Nest until about 5.30pm, so I could hang around until about 4-4.30pm. I finish there about 9pm, so could return by about 10-10.30 if things are still going (and I have any energy left).
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by mutley.

Xmas drinks? 4 years 11 months ago #2309

• Nads J
mutley wrote:
I can make it for a while as long as we start early (and/or finish late). If we are going to get there in time for the cricket to start, that would mean starting about 1pm. I don't have to be at Crows Nest until about 5.30pm, so I could hang around until about 4-4.30pm. I finish there about 9pm, so could return by about 10-10.30 if things are still going (and I have any energy left).

Then 1 o'clock it is I guess.

Strawbs is good at creating events on Facebook and most of you are on there so Daniel, over to you.
The views expressed above are my own. If you find these views offensive please follow the complaints process. Or just skip reading what I post.

follow me @NadsJcarta
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley

Xmas drinks? 4 years 11 months ago #2312

• Daz
I might be across the road at Howell Oval even earlier on the 1st. Penrith play Mosman(likely to feature Brett Lee) in a One Day match.

Xmas drinks? 4 years 11 months ago #2316

• StrawberryBlonde
  • @MrBowls @PDJRLUpdates @PanthersWeekly
  • Thank you received: 72
1pm start at TC's on saturday 1st December? Too easy.
Member #13736 #WeOwnTheWest #PantherPride

Xmas drinks? 4 years 11 months ago #2418

sweet! the ex-employees, the name droppers, and the 4 forum regulars are happy...all is good!

Xmas drinks? 4 years 11 months ago #2419

• mutley
Que?

Xmas drinks? 4 years 11 months ago #2422

• Nads J
souf aussie panther wrote:
sweet! the ex-employees, the name droppers, and the 4 forum regulars are happy...all is good!

interesting take.

Feel free to put names to the descriptions.

If you were on facebook you will find there are others attending.

Do you have a preferred time you can make?

follow me @NadsJcarta

Xmas drinks? 4 years 11 months ago #2426

Facebook??

I thought this forum's very existance was due to the evils of Facebook and similar social forums...and that was why we had gathered here in our brotherhood of bitterness and hatred towards our evil club overlords who now preferred to communicate with us through such mediums.

a preferred time for 'xmas drinks? How about sometime around xmas....

just a thought.

Xmas drinks? 4 years 11 months ago #2429

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 254
....seem a little ticked off there souf, me too. "Bitterness & hatred" eh. How do'ya reckon we caught it? Maybe we feel let down. You know like another Elliott jewel after a whitewash. Or more empty promises. Geez one of my highlights was readin your comments on PI that occasionally made sense, but were always offered via a witty observation. I even remember when a mod made you laugh. So what have we to laugh about now, huh? We've been usurped by some juvenile Bettsy and her white knight. If 'stackla' is communication then the far off outpost that is SA must still have the telegraph.

So let's make the most of what we do have, some waning Xmas cheer. You up for it or not? F*#x the pride, we've the passion and I'm not ashamed to show it. What Bettsy and the whight knight offer is a shallow eagerness to please, they just don't know the right way to go about it.

ps each time I put the rubbish out I'm greeted by the 'itchy & scratchy" panther sticker. It's on the lid, nice to think we're no longer on the bottom. ;)

Xmas drinks? 4 years 11 months ago #2431

please don't mention 'stackla' around me.

however..i am quite enjoying the updates via twitter (yes, i am now tweeting) of the early pre-season goings on, and also other events that the Panthers are involved with in the community. Stories, photos, even the occasional video. the Panthers have a few good pages on Facebook too, with members 5-fold compared to this backwater.

I know this form of communication wont please many of you...as most of you feel ripped off by the club if you don't receive an email detailing the brand of toilet paper used by members of the board, or which of the ground-staff are lactose intolerant.

and while the candour flows, I never really 'got' your separatist 'association'...i do acknowledge your agenda's but their various levels of merit have been recently acknowledged by the club.

the hoard of moderators (who out-number the people who actually contribute to this forum) will swing their censorship sticks over this, but remember, this may be the closest thing to intriguing diatribe that you will ever see on this forum.

and... for the record... i am looking forward to my itchy and scratchy stickers arriving in the mail sometime soon.

Xmas drinks? 4 years 11 months ago #2441

• Nads J
Again it is always interesting to hear the interpretations of people so thanks SOUF.
In my view this forum has been set up to allow in depth discussion that you just can't have in 120 characters.
this has all taken place after the season ended. The value of this forum will be best judged once the footy season starts next year. I hope you have the patience to hold judgement Until then.

Christmas drinks closer to christmas? Are you in Sydney any time during December? Be nice to put a face to the name. Happy to follow you on Twitter too if you can share your Twitter name

follow me @NadsJcarta

Xmas drinks? 4 years 11 months ago #2461

• Nigel Highley
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 12
souf aussie panther wrote:

Sorry Souf nothing to do with me!