Panther Pride

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: "Don't miss out on your place in the Pride"

"Don't miss out on your place in the Pride" 5 years 1 month ago #2420

• Stefan
  • Thank you received: 39
I just had a scroll down facebook now and came across what appears to be a new slogan for the 2013 membership "Don't miss out on your place in the Pride". Interesting terminology considering the discussions that some of you guys had with the club last week. Might be totally innocent?
Last Edit: 5 years 1 month ago by Stefan.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

"Don't miss out on your place in the Pride" 5 years 1 month ago #2421

• Nads J
  • Thank you received: 130
Stefan wrote:
I just had a scroll down facebook now and came across what appears to be a new slogan for the 2013 membership "Don't miss out on your place in the Pride". Interesting terminology considering the discussions that some of you guys had with the club last week. Might be totally innocent?

Innocent?

PG walks out of our meeting and gets on the phone to people to sound them out about a fan engagement position, The Monday after that he goes public with the position.

Having confirmed the club has been keeping an eye on this forum (the pissy little one he has no time for) and now they choose to call the season ticket holders "the Pride?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is absolutely sensational, I am genuinely happy about this because they have, to my way of thinking, just endorsed our forum.

Don't miss out on your place in the Pride

You can talk to your fellow pride members at pantherpride.com.au

Thank you for the endorsement. :)
The views expressed above are my own. If you find these views offensive please follow the complaints process. Or just skip reading what I post.

follow me @NadsJcarta
The following user(s) said Thank You   mightypanther

"Don't miss out on your place in the Pride" 5 years 1 month ago #2423

• Steve Tidball
It's also funny they used 'The Pride' in the wrong way..... again.

The name here was to have 'pride' as in to have pride in something.

They are obvioulsy using it as a group of Panthers... of which is non-existant. panthers are solitary animals and have no collective.

[/facepalm]

"Don't miss out on your place in the Pride" 5 years 1 month ago #2424

• Daz
  • Thank you received: 152
Steve Tidball wrote:
panthers are solitary animals and have no collective.

That will explain some of the recent years on field performances... ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You   Nads J

"Don't miss out on your place in the Pride" 5 years 1 month ago #2425

• Stefan
  • Thank you received: 39
Daz wrote:
Steve Tidball wrote:

strange creates, panthers. they seem to have to have an instinct to stand behind big metal sticks quite a lot (but only during the winter months)
The following user(s) said Thank You   LShunter

"Don't miss out on your place in the Pride" 5 years 1 month ago #2427

• Panfas
  • Thank you received: 13
Daz wrote:
Steve Tidball wrote:

:lol:
I was there in 2003

"Don't miss out on your place in the Pride" 5 years 1 month ago #2430

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 205
Daz wrote:
Steve Tidball wrote:

Not to mention some of the decisions made by the powers that be :unsure:

"Don't miss out on your place in the Pride" 5 years 1 month ago #2433

• Nigel Highley
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 12
Nads J wrote:
Stefan wrote:

Innocent?

PG walks out of our meeting and gets on the phone to people to sound them out about a fan engagement position, The Monday after that he goes public with the position.

Having confirmed the club has been keeping an eye on this forum (the pissy little one he has no time for) and now they choose to call the season ticket holders "the Pride?"

That is absolutely sensational, I am genuinely happy about this because they have, to my way of thinking, just endorsed our forum.

Didn't Shaun Mielekamp use the term Panther Pride at some stage during his employment? So I think its more likely that they consider the name to be part of their IP, rather than an endorsement. Its like the Black hole claiming to be the official supporter group of the Panthers, when in fact no such group ie supporter group exsists.

To have an endorsement you would imo require something in writing from the board and then have permission to display some sought of Panthers logo stating such, probably like the stickers that were issued to the sponsorship base some years ago.

As far back as 1990 I had dealings with our board over the use of a Panther in a logo for a bread show that I organised, and was granted permission to publicise this logo. This was based on advice received from Carl Leddy a marketing officer at the time.

And I do not believe for one minute that Phil Gould has sought the employment of a Fan Engagement Co-Ordinator on the back of the meeting with yourselves a couple of Wednesdays ago. I am thinking it has more to do with certain components of the 2013 club funding agreement, and it is possible such person is already employed at Panthers.

"Don't miss out on your place in the Pride" 5 years 1 month ago #2435

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 205
Panther Pride was one of the names Shaun put forward for the volunteer group that he wanted to get going to help with different things behind the scenes, approx 3 years ago. A few of us met under that name on a few occasions to try to get things started, but unfortunately it didn't really get off the ground.

"Don't miss out on your place in the Pride" 5 years 1 month ago #2436

Nads J wrote:
Stefan wrote:

Innocent?

Nads, I think over the years I've said on a thousand occasions (albeit under different pseudonyms) that I think you are an incredibly intelligent and well spoken man, a person who's posts are always great to read.

More and more lately, you are just starting to look bitter, mate. Not in a vindicated way either, just plain old bitter and grumpy. Not sure if there is something else going on in your life to warrant the kind of venom you've been spitting, but there is a line between passion and what you're dishing up.

"Don't miss out on your place in the Pride" 5 years 1 month ago #2443

• Nads J
mutley wrote:
Panther Pride was one of the names Shaun put forward for the volunteer group that he wanted to get going to help with different things behind the scenes, approx 3 years ago. A few of us met under that name on a few occasions to try to get things started, but unfortunately it didn't really get off the ground.

At the risk of sounding arrogant I offered up " the pride to Shaun when ilK couldn't convince him to go with Panther Nation.
The views expressed above are my own. If you find these views offensive please follow the complaints process. Or just skip reading what I post.

follow me @NadsJcarta

"Don't miss out on your place in the Pride" 5 years 1 month ago #2444

• Nads J
Shooter McGavin wrote:
Nads J wrote:
Stefan wrote:

Innocent?

Nads, I think over the years I've said on a thousand occasions (albeit under different pseudonyms) that I think you are an incredibly intelligent and well spoken man, a person who's posts are always great to read.

More and more lately, you are just starting to look bitter, mate. Not in a vindicated way either, just plain old bitter and grumpy. Not sure if there is something else going on in your life to warrant the kind of venom you've been spitting, but there is a line between passion and what you're dishing up.

Thankyou for that, I do appreciate the feedback and the honesty. People should feel free to express such thinking and I do take it on board.

Yes I am an angry ant at the moment. It is specific to my club which I have invested a lot of passion into the past decade or so. Nothing at a personal level I assure you. Life is good.

I'll dial it down for you. I understand it serves no purpose.

And thanks again

follow me @NadsJcarta

"Don't miss out on your place in the Pride" 5 years 1 month ago #2460

• Nigel Highley
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 12
Nads J wrote:
mutley wrote:

At the risk of sounding arrogant I offered up " the pride to Shaun when ilK couldn't convince him to go with Panther Nation.

And the point is they will still claim it to be their IP.

Its like me saying I was the person who originally suggested the business sponsorship package. After suggesting the idea the first I heard was when it was implemented the following season. Now there are two possibles who I believe took the credit and I will state that a number of sales staff have successfully sold it over the years and it would be safe to say it has bee a nice revenue stream.

But they will tell you they came up with the idea because thats how they work :cheer:

"Don't miss out on your place in the Pride" 5 years 2 weeks ago #2880

• League Freak
  • Thank you received: 4
If only their IP included having a winning record and not employing drama queens...
The following user(s) said Thank You   Puss

"Don't miss out on your place in the Pride" 5 years 1 week ago #2905

• Teach
  • Thank you received: 71
Now without her personal twitter account how will i know about the 20;s and how they need a mother hen....
Don't forget to follow Panther's Weekly at @Panthersweekly on twitter and the Panther's Weekly F.B page.

Also listen to us on ITunes.