Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A Thank you To Steve For His Hard Work

A Thank you To Steve For His Hard Work 4 years 4 months ago #14042

• Pomoz
  • Thank you received: 204
Steve

I know you put a ton of effort into this forum, so thanks for all your work. Don't let the hiccup of the upgrade get you down, your work is much appreciated. I know it is a thankless task at times, so here is a million recommends for a rainy day. +1.000.000.

Cheers

Pomoz
Last Edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Pomoz.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You   Moparmutt, Jagman, Panther182, Bruce, Hughesy

A Thank you To Steve For His Hard Work 4 years 4 months ago #14043

• Jagman
  • Out of the darkness we will come!!
  • Thank you received: 150
100% Pomoz, and well done for the thread. Steve, I've gotta say I'm glad it's back like this, it just seems easier to navigate, and is cleaner. I felt the version put up today was getting more stackla like (in a strange way)

I believe forums are for text, and hence the open space and expanded space between threads just made content harder to read.

This site is through your hard work, and many of us appreciate it. When you put hard work into any project, you will always defend it emotionally. Others will attack it emotionally, often because they would be lost without it. Those that threaten to move on, likely have no idea the work involved in such a project.
Life is a lesson that some never learn.
The following user(s) said Thank You   panthermike

A Thank you To Steve For His Hard Work 4 years 4 months ago #14044

• Bruce
  • Thank you received: 20
I don't like the upgrade to the site. Tough shit, that's just a matter of personal preference. What I do recognise is the hours of unpaid work, dedication and passion that goes into maintaining this forum.

A very big thank you and appreciation to Steve and everyone involved in keeping the site running. It enables the fans to have a voice, and that's incredibly important.

A Thank you To Steve For His Hard Work 4 years 4 months ago #14046

• Mr Pink
  • Thank you received: 6
A big thanks as well from me.

I dont always contribute but read this site about five times a day.
The following user(s) said Thank You   zenpanther

A Thank you To Steve For His Hard Work 4 years 4 months ago #14054

• benos
  • Thank you received: 49
Thanks for the hard work Steve. 1 thing I did like was the quick way to post a reply in a thread. Whenever I first come to the page, I'm usually not logged in so I scroll to the bottom of a thread and want to reply then realise I'm not logged in so I scroll all the way to the top and log in. Having that log in at the bottom was pretty cool.

But all good either way, I'm happy with all the work you've done anyway.

A Thank you To Steve For His Hard Work 4 years 4 months ago #14059

• Ross
  • Thank you received: 353
Thumbs up!
"To be a Penrith Panther is an honour. A privilege ... we don't just let any bastard in." - Dave Applebee

A Thank you To Steve For His Hard Work 4 years 4 months ago #14066

• Steve Tidball
Thanks for the kind words.

To sum up the last days all I can really say was "I got it wrong". There are some technical issues with this forum, some are present now, and some will become more apparent down the line, and the "out of the box" solution of the new forum fixed all those problems. The forum isn't really compatable with everythign else on the site, and is hard to intergrate.

I admit it was not something people would be fully used to and there would have been a slight curve of diffucluty adjusting to it, but at the time I thought the changes were acceptable or at the worst managable.

But after going live I found out how wrong I was. The wave of e-mails and messages made most peoples thoughts known "We don't like it". It was so bad that traffic crawled to 24% of the regular site traffic. I could have stuck to my guns but this seemed to be counter-productve.

So I listened to the masses and rolled back to the old forum, while this is the longer road, and I will have to fix problem by problem while they arise, I would rather that, then a mass exodus of the people who make this site great.

It all became very familiar to me, I only remember last year that the club without conusltation with the fanbase decided to go with Stackla, a change that was radical and something that most people wouldn't accept, they stuck to their guns and we all know how Stackla has turned out (last fan post: Feb 9 2013).

So thanks to all those who spoke out and told me what they want, I'm not afraid to admit when I do get it wrong, and I'll try to make things right where I can.

A Thank you To Steve For His Hard Work 4 years 4 months ago #14100

terriffic job steve thanks for all your time and effort.
if it wasnt for you we wouldnt have a forum for our voice. :)

A Thank you To Steve For His Hard Work 4 years 4 months ago #14115

i am just eternally thankful that the Victorian Supporters (south of the border) area of the forum has been retained.

I find the lively debate there quite invigorating .