Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: S.G. Ball Grand Final - Panther v Steelers

S.G. Ball Grand Final - Panther v Steelers 1 year 7 months ago #24187

• Steve Tidball
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
The S.G Ball Panthers secured their spot in the Grand Final this weekend with a strong display against the Knights.

The Grand Final is set to be played at Pepper Stadium this weekend.

With the NRL / NYC / NSW Cup sides not playing this weekend, be sure to get out to Pepper Stadium and cheer our juniors home to the Panthers seventh S.G Ball Championship.

S.G. Ball Grand Final: Penrith Panthers v Illawarra Steelers @ Pepper Stadium 2pm
Harold Matthews Grand Final: Parramatta Eels v Newcastle Knights @ Pepper Stadium 12pm
The administrator has disabled public write access.

S.G. Ball Grand Final - Panther v Steelers 1 year 7 months ago #24229

• Ross
  • Thank you received: 353
FULL TIME
Panthers 25
Steelers 10

Steelers were the favourites for this match having defeated the Panthers twice this year - the last victory during the finals!

The Steelers took an early lead and were dominating possession and field position but the Panthers hung in well and actually started to creep back in at the back end of the 1st half to go into the sheds leading 12 - 4.

The Panthers were very confident in the second half and their defence on their own line was first class.

Halfback and Captain Sean O'Sullivan was MOM (& potted conversions from the sideline with ease).
I thought the 5/8 Dean Blore, centres Mose Felio and Jesse Abbott and big prop Setefano Hala each made huge contributions. I also thought that winger Brian Too has a HUGE future.

Congratulations to the Panthers SG Ball squad - Champions 2016!
"To be a Penrith Panther is an honour. A privilege ... we don't just let any bastard in." - Dave Applebee
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Ross.
The following user(s) said Thank You   Steve Tidball, mutley, Pomoz

S.G. Ball Grand Final - Panther v Steelers 1 year 7 months ago #24235

• richo
  • Thank you received: 111
Well done guys. Didn't get there decided to play in our golf club championships instead which was a poor decision on my part as it turned out.