Panther Pride

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: HM & SGBALL BEST AND FAIREST 2013

HM & SGBALL BEST AND FAIREST 2013 4 years 8 months ago #8901

• BUDAH
  • Thank you received: 39
With 1 more round remaining before the finals commence,which of our junior players are looking the goods to take out the prestigious award of Best&Fairest?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You   Jack

HM & SGBALL BEST AND FAIREST 2013 4 years 8 months ago #9018

• BUDAH
Having mostly watched the SGBALL play this season & a few Harold Matts games,for me the leading contenders for HM is their captain Robbie Grahem & Nathen Cleary.
My choices for SGBALL are Oliver Clarke & Tyrone May.

Oliver Clarke has been a stand out in the competiton and has played his usual consistant game,every game he has played.An attribute which sets him apart from most players and has seen him feature in SGBALL 'Team of the Week' on several occassions.Big Oli is the stand out forward for this team who seems to lift them,by his hard hitting tackles or his hard straight running.Has a never say die attitude when it comes to his footy where he leaves it all on the field,giving 110% in every aspect of his game.Be it his tireless hit ups or him chasing down every player in defence,Oli's attitude to the game is infectious amongst the team when they see the big fella working hard in attack & defence.Definately has leadership  qualities about him and rep honours again for this talented kid.
Great Penrith have signed Oli for another 3 seasons & guareenteed to see this kid running around in first grade in the near future.

Tyrone May has also been a stand out player for SGBALL this season.He has played great footy every game thus far with memorable performances which has seen him also being picked in the SGBALL 'Team of the Week' on numerous occassions.I believe also he may be the only player in the comp to have been selected in the starting line up of 'Team of the week' at different positions at Five-Eight & Lock at consecutive weeks.
A great talent with skills to match with vision at breaking down the defence line with a passing game that is an envy of any half.His ability to throw a pass left or right,long or short equally is a skill many halves do not possess which has seen the talented backline benefit from,aswell as the forwards who run of his shoulder to accept the short ball inside or out.
Defensively he is a tackling machine who when at lock usually tops the tackle count,has a great tackling technique & is fearless in the front line of defence.And to top it off, Tyrone has a great kicking game as many have scored tries of his pin point torpedo bombs...Definately has had a great season with representative honours for this kid.Would be a fantastic leader & has captaincy attributes about him as he will be eligable for SGBALL next season as he still a year young player this year.

Honourable mentions:
Brent Naden having a great season,seems to beat the first tackler everytime.

Joshua Grant:Great dummy half who has caught many opponents napping,scoring numerous tries & great defender.

Dylan Faud:Has been at the frontline in defense.Plays hard & a great talent.
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by BUDAH.
The following user(s) said Thank You   Spaz McKenzie, Jack, Pantherz, Marty

HM & SGBALL BEST AND FAIREST 2013 4 years 8 months ago #9043

• Daz
  • Thank you received: 152
The finals will decide who ultimately wins the award.

The short lists for mine will be.

Harold Matts - Robbie Graham, Telenoti Moatoaane, Nathan Cleary and Reed Izzard
SG Ball - Tyrone May,Soni Luke, Josh Grant and Oliver Clark

As for next years SG Ball captain it will be Oliver Clark with Robert Jennings as Vice Captain.
The following user(s) said Thank You   BUDAH, Jack, Pantherz

HM & SGBALL BEST AND FAIREST 2013 4 years 8 months ago #9053

• BUDAH
I think Oli & Tyrone for captains next year,leaning towards Tyrone if Oli keeps coming off the bench...
The following user(s) said Thank You   Jack, Pantherz

HM & SGBALL BEST AND FAIREST 2013 4 years 8 months ago #9054

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 205
I'm pretty sure Oli is coming of the bench this year is due to the fact that he is young for the side. He will probably be starting next year.

HM & SGBALL BEST AND FAIREST 2013 4 years 8 months ago #9056

• Daz
Oliver will be the first bloke picked in SG Ball next year in the number 10 jersey and he WILL be captain.
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Daz.
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley, BUDAH, Jack

HM & SGBALL BEST AND FAIREST 2013 4 years 8 months ago #9060

• BUDAH
Daz wrote:
Oliver will be the first bloke picked in SG Ball next year in the number 10 jersey and he WILL be captain.

That's great Daz,I think highly of both boys & either boys would be great leaders...
Here's a scoop for you...But then again I'll let you wait to see who will be announced as captain of the defending G.I.O. Champions this year...you might just give the kid CREDIT...
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by BUDAH.
The following user(s) said Thank You   Pantherz

HM & SGBALL BEST AND FAIREST 2013 4 years 8 months ago #9069

• Daz
I have no issue with Tyrone at all. He is an outstanding footballer who is probably is the best utility player in the comp despite being a year young. His passing and running games are tremendous.

All I am saying is Oliver will be SG Ball captain and deservedly so. He is highly respected amongst the players of his age group and is their leader.
The following user(s) said Thank You   BUDAH

HM & SGBALL BEST AND FAIREST 2013 4 years 8 months ago #9071

• StrawberryBlonde
  • @MrBowls @PDJRLUpdates @PanthersWeekly
  • Thank you received: 72
Oliver will be captain because he's the best leader in that team, even now, a year young, he's the heart and soul.

Tyrone is a terrific utility footballer and has almost singlehandedly won games for the Panthers this year, but even coming off the bench, Olly leads those boys and they, much like Matts squad last year, adore the kid and want to play for him.
Member #13736 #WeOwnTheWest #PantherPride
The following user(s) said Thank You   BUDAH, Jack

HM & SGBALL BEST AND FAIREST 2013 4 years 8 months ago #9079

• BUDAH
My point is both Oli & Tyrone would form a formidable leadership team.And either kid as captain would be deserving to lead the team next year.But I don't think it is as clear cut as you may assume & once again,yes Oli may be the captain which is great.

My point is (assuming)if Tyrone were to lead his school in there footy season after SGBALL comes to a close including a successful G.I.O Schoolboys campaign,even if they were not able to retain the cup.The experience would put him in good standing,as he would be given the responsibility & honour of leading not only players who are older than him but also the bulk of this years SGBALL squad that attend Patrician Brothers.
This maybe favourable when selecting the right person through experience to lead them around next year...But once again assuming...& hopefully you see my reasoning as a valid point...

HM & SGBALL BEST AND FAIREST 2013 4 years 8 months ago #9083

• Ross
  • Thank you received: 353
The 2014 captaincy seems to have overtaken this thread.

My players of the year:

Matthews : Telenoti Moataone

Ball: Joshua Grant
"To be a Penrith Panther is an honour. A privilege ... we don't just let any bastard in." - Dave Applebee

HM & SGBALL BEST AND FAIREST 2013 4 years 8 months ago #9247

• Jack
  • Thank you received: 38
HM-Robbie Grahem

Sgball-Tyrone May

Great forum!

HM & SGBALL BEST AND FAIREST 2013 4 years 8 months ago #9311

• Pantherz
  • Thank you received: 22
My choice for HM is Robbie Graham the captain,has played well consistantly and leads from the front.
My choice for SGB is Tyrone May,close to being there best every game and has won them many a games from his individual brillance.

As for Oliver Clarke securing the number 10 jersey next season,Moses Leota has done a great job in it & could be hard to take it off him.And with Big Soni Hala returning next season & if he returns to his devastating form could see Big Olly come off the bench and injected as an impact player which is working quite well for himself & the team.

If that were the case next season then Tyrone May would be a great choice to lead the team next season & preferably in the halves.
No disagreement that he has been there best player if not the best in the competition.
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Pantherz.

HM & SGBALL BEST AND FAIREST 2013 4 years 8 months ago #9314

• Daz
^Moses is too old for SG Ball next year...

You can start putting next years team together based on players who have played Ball this year.

2. Christian Chricton
3. Robert Jennings
4. Jack Nelson
6. Tyrone May
7. Soni Luke
8. Soni Hala
10. Oliver Clark ( C )
11. Peter Tiatia
13. Dylan Fuad
14. Cowen Epere

The rest of the 25 man squad will be made up of NSW Country, QLD and NZ recruits. As well as this years 17's development squad and the best Matts players.
Last Edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Daz.

HM & SGBALL BEST AND FAIREST 2013 4 years 8 months ago #9334

• Pantherz
  • Thank you received: 22
Daz wrote:

You can start putting next years team together based on players who have played Ball this year.

2. Christian Chricton
3. Robert Jennings
4. Jack Nelson
6. Tyrone May
7. Soni Luke
8. Soni Hala
10. Oliver Clark ( C )
11. Peter Tiatia
13. Dylan Fuad
14. Cowen Epere

The rest of the 25 man squad will be made up of NSW Country, QLD and NZ recruits. As well as this years 17's development squad and the best Matts players.

I'm hearing Robert Jennings might not be there next year & Tyrone May is been targeted by other clubs.
Any idea if they have resigned or when they come off contract??? It would be a massive loss if Penrith do not hold on to these kids.

HM & SGBALL BEST AND FAIREST 2013 4 years 8 months ago #9336

• Daz
Robert is off contract this year. Obvious destination is the Roostes.

HM & SGBALL BEST AND FAIREST 2013 4 years 8 months ago #9337

• Jack
@ Pantherz,maybe Robert Jennings isn't seeing enough ball & will follow his brother.But I'm sure he is signed up till end off this season & Tyrone May having been moved around at several positions and killing it has caught the eye of clubs as the finest utility player in Sgball.Pretty sure he also signed till this season or next.
If Penrith don't move soon,they will lose their 2 talented players!

HM & SGBALL BEST AND FAIREST 2013 4 years 8 months ago #9368

• Panther1967
  • Thank you received: 142
Pantherz wrote:
Daz wrote:

2. Christian Chricton
3. Robert Jennings
4. Jack Nelson
6. Tyrone May
7. Soni Luke
8. Soni Hala
10. Oliver Clark ( C )
11. Peter Tiatia
13. Dylan Fuad
14. Cowen Epere

I'm hearing Robert Jennings might not be there next year & Tyrone May is been targeted by other clubs.
Any idea if they have resigned or when they come off contract??? It would be a massive loss if Penrith do not hold on to these kids.

I'm hearing May and Jennings will be here for next year and beyond.
The following user(s) said Thank You   BUDAH, Jack, Pantherz

HM & SGBALL BEST AND FAIREST 2013 4 years 8 months ago #9372

• Jack
Tyrone May is definately contracted til end of next season,so hopefully Penrith negotiate an extension because rival clubs are chasing his signature.
As Daz said,Robert Jennings contract ends this season & they must sign him asap or he will go to the Roosters.

HM & SGBALL BEST AND FAIREST 2013 4 years 8 months ago #9384

• Marty
  • Thank you received: 43
Harold Matts either Nathan Cleary or Robbie Graham.Both boys have had great seasons so far and are my standouts.
Sgball to be honest guys Tyrone May is heads above the rest.The other kids mentioned have played well but Tyrone has been playing well in every position he's played & now he's at fullback this week.
The following user(s) said Thank You   BUDAH

HM & SGBALL BEST AND FAIREST 2013 3 years 10 months ago #19427

• Daz
Daz wrote:

Oliver was rightfully named 2014 SG Ball Captain yesterday.