Injury update 1 year 4 months ago #24342

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 200
Peta Hiku - ACL - Season
James Fisher-Harris - Thumb - 6-8 weeks
Dean Whare - ACL - Season
Te Maire Martin - Shoulder - Indefinite
Reagan Campbell-Gillard - Nose - Indefinite
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by mutley.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Injury update 1 year 4 months ago #24343

• Goonji
  • Thank you received: 33
Here we go again. It's hard being a Panthers supporter. Certainly builds character. :(

Injury update 1 year 4 months ago #24347

the FH thumb injury must have been pretty bad but why is RCG out indefinite?

I thought he only had a broken nose....is there something else with him other then the nose injury?

Its ironic we have lost what would have been our starting centres in Hiku and Whare and these two losses more then any others at this stage will hurt us badly.

Martin is a terrible loss but hope the kid is good for 2017

Lucky we have Grevs joining from Souths and he might be in the Top team before he imagined with FH and RCG both out and there has to be some concern over Cartwright with his thumb injury

I still think we have the depth in the forwards to handle the loss of FH and RCG at least until they return.

Its still our backs we has me worried........7,6,4 and 3

Not sure what will happen here and with some concerns over Segs and his now "consorting warning"......I hope wallace goes to hooker and Cleary gets a run at 7

Injury update 1 year 4 months ago #24353

• Rabbit
  • Thank you received: 60
Talking about injuries, Both starting center's are out now. Why wouldn't we be looking at Hurrel. Sure I have seen him put in some of the worst performances in history. Not against us though, against us he's nearly been unstoppable.
## You would think he would be going cheap. ## Just sign him till the end of the season. ## I know a lot of people on this forum are Blake fans, but for me Blake can be every bit of the "blockhead" type of footballer as Hurrel can be. But Hurrel, boy he can get over the white stripe especially when he's close to the line. Guess who can't score tries when on the oppositions line, US!
## We must have a few dollars to spend after Tayler release.
## Newcastle released Leilua last season for being a blockhead center, but he is on fire at Canberra after a club change.

Injury update 1 year 4 months ago #24354

• mutley
As much as I would love to see us sign Hurrell for the remainder of the season, I doubt we would have any room to move after signing Grevsmuhl.

Injury update 1 year 3 months ago #24515

Just listened to press conference and Griffin suggested Martin is 3 to 4 weeks away before returning.

Wow that would be a great outcome if the kid can return in great physical shape.

I salivate at the though of Cleary at 7 and Martin at 6......

Griffin seemed to suggest also Hardaker is no certainty to slot into the team but since we only have him till end of 2016 i would suggest he will step right into the centre spot.

Then if Martin is only 3 to 4 weeks away keep Carty at 5/8th until his return and move Peachy to bench where he can be used as a all round utility for us on the bench and can play long minutes.

Injury update 4 months 3 weeks ago #26190

Panthers: Sam McKendry (knee, Round 12-14), Josh Mansour (knee, mid-season), James Fisher-Harris (hamstring, Round 13), Peter Wallace (groin, Round 16-18), Bryce Cartwright (knee, indefinite).

Very surprised to see McKendry likely to return as i believe his knee was season ending

With Wallace and Cartwright likely to be a longer time before they return opens up some options for Panthers.

I think Edwards should come into FB

Moylan has to go to 5/8th or if Griffin can bring himself to it......TMM to 5/8th

Injury update 4 months 6 days ago #26250

• Steve Tidball
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
There are reports that Wallace should be backing up from groin injury by the Cowboys match in Round 16.

Injury update 3 months 2 weeks ago #26348

• Bryan
  • Thank you received: 42
SBS reports Dean Whare is out for 4 weeks with a broken jaw.

Injury update 3 months 1 day ago #26381

• mutley
Trent Merrin out for 6-8 weeks with a knee injury, as reported on club website

Injury update 3 months 1 day ago #26382

that is a shame for the player but like Moylan hope this break gives him a chance to reflect.

which brings me to Moylan........what is his injury update?

It is also reported Wallace is close to returning although not so sure he should displace Rein

Injury update 2 months 4 weeks ago #26385

Both Moylen and Wallace are named to play this weekend against the Gold Coast.

Media are also reporting Cartwright and Whare trained strongly this week, and should be back the next.

Injury update 2 months 4 weeks ago #26387

• shazza
  • Thank you received: 161
Cartwright is picked in the reserves this weekend. I'm one of Wals biggest fans but I don't agree with tossing him in at the deep end first game back. It's not like he was sidelined with a busted thumb. It's not easy to stay fit with a groin injury.

Injury update 2 months 3 weeks ago #26388

good to see Cary and Wallace returning and agree re Wallace but have even more concern about Carty.......he will be a welcome addition back in the top side but ONLY if he can prove his fitness

And am even more worried about Moylan coming back this week......Titans are a gritty team and would have liked to see how Cleary went at least 1 more week guiding the team around.

Just hope Moylan absorbed what is bleeding obvious.

Injury update 2 months 3 weeks ago #26400

• Pomoz
  • Thank you received: 204
steamboatfarmer wrote:
good to see Cary and Wallace returning and agree re Wallace but have even more concern about Carty.......he will be a welcome addition back in the top side but ONLY if he can prove his fitness

And am even more worried about Moylan coming back this week......Titans are a gritty team and would have liked to see how Cleary went at least 1 more week guiding the team around.

Just hope Moylan absorbed what is bleeding obvious.
I would say that in the first half he didn't. The running wide with cut out passes continued and it didn't phase the Titan's defence at all. That was in spite of our forwards making plenty of yards and giving us attacking opportunities. In the second half, Cleary controlled the last tackle options and we started to make headway with short kicks behind the line and a crisper passing game inside. Finally we had the Titan's guessing and started to build pressure. If not for that ridiculous decision to penalise Peachey and ignore a blatant trip, we probably have scored and put them away convincingly.

I think Moylan has got to let Cleary control the game and never take the ball on the last tackle. He also needs to work on his inside passes. The Titans carved us up by using that play against us (Ash Taylor did it on several occasions, each time leading to a line break or tackle bust). He is just too predictable. He isn't quick enough (especially with a dodgy hamstring) to break through the line and he always passes to an outside runner. If he can use the inside ball as well, the defence will have to cover two channels. As it is we are struggling to do much out wide with the drifting play he uses.

Injury update 1 month 3 weeks ago #26487

Moylen is reportedly out for two weeks with a Hamstring strain, should be back week one of the finals.

Wallace is named in the starting side this week, back one week earlier than scheduled

Injury update 1 month 2 weeks ago #26510

• mutley
Dylan Edwards will miss at least 3 weeks with his knee injury.