Panther Pride

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Panthers set to extend Griffin contract

Panthers set to extend Griffin contract 7 months 2 weeks ago #26078

yep that right....being reported in todays papers Griffin's contract will extended before years end.

The club says Griffin is safe and no issues at the club or with Griffin.

Oh well........there goes the Panthers outward years.

It will now become a 10 year plan.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Panthers set to extend Griffin contract 7 months 2 weeks ago #26079

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 205
Over the years I've heard of many coaches being told they are safe, only to be sacked within a few weeks, especially in situations like we are in now. Griffin might not want to pop the champagne just yet.

Panthers set to extend Griffin contract 7 months 2 weeks ago #26083

• Goonji
  • Thank you received: 33
I give up on this club. By that I mean, i won't give up supporting the Panthers but I do give up trying to understand the decisions they make.

Panthers set to extend Griffin contract 7 months 2 weeks ago #26084

easy to understand this one...........Gould is joined at the hip with Griffin

IF Griffin goes so does Gould and Gould will not be pushing for him to go as so does his $million dollar salary at the same time

In short.....self interest

Panthers set to extend Griffin contract 7 months 2 weeks ago #26085

• max cowan
  • Thank you received: 79
steamboatfarmer wrote:
easy to understand this one...........Gould is joined at the hip with Griffin

IF Griffin goes so does Gould and Gould will not be pushing for him to go as so does his $million dollar salary at the same time

In short.....self interest

I don't think that is right at all. Gus could do just about anything and not have his consultancy terminated by either the Group CEO or the Board.
Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by max cowan.

Panthers set to extend Griffin contract 7 months 2 weeks ago #26087

• Dufeyz
  • Thank you received: 44
With the way the club was before Gould arrived, a misfire with a coach pales in comparison to the issues that he fixed. Of course i think Griffin is a crap coach. Gus has the benefit of the doubt with the decisions he makes.

I know some people on this forum seem to hate Gus as if he pissed in their milkshake. Don't forget that he basically kept the club alive. I don't think that hate towards him is warranted. The Coach? The Players? go for your life. But not gus.

Panthers set to extend Griffin contract 7 months 2 weeks ago #26088

• max cowan
  • Thank you received: 79
Dufeyz wrote:
With the way the club was before Gould arrived, a misfire with a coach pales in comparison to the issues that he fixed. Of course i think Griffin is a crap coach. Gus has the benefit of the doubt with the decisions he makes.

I know some people on this forum seem to hate Gus as if he pissed in their milkshake. Don't forget that he basically kept the club alive. I don't think that hate towards him is warranted. The Coach? The Players? go for your life. But not gus.

Not sure where the hate is but there is a matter of position, finding the right one for the skills. He is brilliant when it comes to football strategy, football personnel, football anything (except finances).

I know there is a widespread belief that the club was about to fold - but that is very very far from fact. Gus did enter into a mess., without doubt but it was not as dire as has been made out.

The thing is, his skills are not in administration, definitely not in running a licensed club which is the engine of the Panthers group and keeps the football alive and sustainable. This fact is being completely ignored by the current administration - it will be to the long term detriment of the football.

The football club has incurred massive losses over the past 3 years. The licensed club is not going great, certainly not well enough to sustain the football club losses for long. The saving grace is the property holdings of the group.

Panthers set to extend Griffin contract 7 months 1 week ago #26090

Didn't Elliot get his contract extended a month or two before he was sacked?