Panther Pride

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Moylan wants out of Panthers

Moylan wants out of Panthers 3 months 2 weeks ago #26530

Well what a mess prior to our finals tilt........lo and behold Moylan is meeting with Gould re his future at Panthers.

Seems he has had a run in with Griffin over his injury and it could run a little deeper then that going back to earlier in the year when he was dropped for discipline reasons.
Quote from SMH
Penrith general manager Phil Gould and coach Anthony Griffin held a meeting with Moylan this week, raising concerns over some of his choices during his rehabilitation from a hamstring injury.

Its being reported the Club will let him go if he gets a substantial offer or is this code for saying we will let him go if he gets more or what Panthers are paying him so the club doesn't have to continue paying him.

Not like TMM who went to the Cowboys on $50k and Panthers are still paying the lions share of his money.

That being said its an unwanted disruption and does not make for a happy club.......if as being reported Moylan wants out....kick him out today.

This cannot be allowed to infect others and our chances in the finals.
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by steamboatfarmer.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Moylan wants out of Panthers 3 months 2 weeks ago #26533

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 205
This story was broken by "The Lurker", who is little more than a gossip columnist, and has already linked virtually every player we have with another club. Unfortunately a few other media outlets have taken this story & ran with it. I doubt there is any truth to it, but wouldn't rule it out completely.
The following user(s) said Thank You   Bryan

Moylan wants out of Panthers 3 months 2 weeks ago #26535

Easiest way to rule it out is for Gould to make a definitive statement this morning about it.....case closed then.

If he lets this run.........well then there is substance to it.

Moylan wants out of Panthers 3 months 2 weeks ago #26537

• Kevin
  • Panthers Hate Parra
  • Thank you received: 186
I would suggest his penchant for the amber liquid is the crux of the matter, the blokes a typical young pisshead, nothing wrong with that......except he is earning big$$$ and has an injury, priorities dude!!

Moylan wants out of Panthers 3 months 2 weeks ago #26541

• LateMail
  • Thank you received: 10
With Moylan playing five eight we have won 6 from 8 games. Him and Cleary, with more game time playing together in the halves, are the perfect combination of skills and playing styles. Throw in Edwards at fullback, Katoa/Egan at Hooker, and May as a super sub, and our future was looking so freakin bright.

But if Moylan leaves, that is a huge blow, especially considering we released Martin as well this year. May is not the answer as our long term five eight.

If there is an issue between Moylan and Griffin, I just hope Gould can step in and help resolve it before it gets totally untenable.
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by LateMail.
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley

Moylan wants out of Panthers 3 months 2 weeks ago #26543

• LateMail
Gus has responded about the Moylan rumours on WWOS.

Interesting what he says about the Panthers 2018 salary cap. Good to know we are already cap compliant without having to get rid of any more players.

Moylan wants out of Panthers 3 months 1 week ago #26573

Reported in SMH that Moylen has been granted leave for personal reasons, and that he is 100% committed to the panthers.

On face value that would settle it, but I tend to remember Gower, Petro and Lewis also being 100% committed as well.

Almost like when a politician states they are 100% behind their leader.

Time will tell.

Moylan wants out of Panthers 3 months 1 week ago #26574

• max cowan
  • Thank you received: 79
In the cases of Gower, Civoniceva, and Lewis there were actions from the club that suggested their [the players'] loyalty was of little value to the club. Certainly in the case of both Gower and Lewis they loved the club and were gutted by what they had to endure. Petero was at the end of his career and really Penrith could only have ever been his second club in the long run.
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by max cowan.
The following user(s) said Thank You   Southernhillfan

Moylan wants out of Panthers 3 months 1 week ago #26575

I will remain humbled by your much more learned experience than mine Max

Moylan wants out of Panthers 3 months 1 week ago #26576

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 205
Southernhillfan wrote:
Reported in SMH that Moylen has been granted leave for personal reasons, and that he is 100% committed to the panthers.

On face value that would settle it, but I tend to remember Gower, Petro and Lewis also being 100% committed as well.

Almost like when a politician states they are 100% behind their leader.

Time will tell.

That was my initial reaction too. I wonder if Moylan was given the captaincy too early, and the year we have had has got too much for him to handle? Hopefully whatever "personal issue" he is dealing with can be sorted out soon, and we can see him back to his best.

Moylan wants out of Panthers 3 months 1 week ago #26577

• max cowan
It will be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Hope the media (and fans ... and the club) give him a chance to deal with whatever needs to be dealt with.

Moylan wants out of Panthers 3 months 1 week ago #26578

And to put my comment in context, I wasn't questioning the loyalty of said players over the years, only they publicly announced such loyalty a week or two prior to leaving.

That said I am more than prepared to give Moylen the benefit of the doubt. We all go through challenges in life and I wish him all the best.

Moylan wants out of Panthers 3 months 1 week ago #26582

• max cowan
Context is everything ... just as your comment needed context so did the apparent recanting of loyalty by the players in question.

Moylan wants out of Panthers 3 months 1 week ago #26583

In my humble opinion, anyone who watches the press conference on this issue (panthers website), should realize the value Phil Gould gives to the club.

Moylan wants out of Panthers 3 months 1 week ago #26584

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 256
.... Max,
I am no-one from the past, I observe the present.
History shld not repeat, having learn't a lesson ?

Moylan wants out of Panthers 3 months 1 week ago #26585

I am a little concerned about this event and todays handling of it.

I heard Gould say Moylan wanted time out and his privacy should be respected by everyone......only for Gould to later suggest the kid has an issue or issues and was best left to a professional to sort out for him.

One could hardly think of any worse handling of what must have been a quite tense meeting where a kid had to admit he had issues.......he needn't need Gould to breach this confidentiality in my opinion.

Gould went onto to say his behaviour was evident for some time.........well where was the Club/Gould and Griffin for Moylan then?

I cannot speak to what might be wrong...i doubt any of us on here would ever know the truth but IF Moylan has deep issues, surely the Club should have intervened before we got to this point for Moylan and his team mates.

Mental issues sometimes have some very dark places for people and i hope for Moylans sake he can resolve whatever he is confronting.

He is a richly talented young man who has the best of all what life has to offer ahead of him........and he has a career in League which will be very rewarding for him if he chooses to continue.

I hope he is OK

Moylan wants out of Panthers 3 months 1 week ago #26586

• Griggsy
  • Thank you received: 22
Lets see who goes first- Moylan or the Coach.

Moylan wants out of Panthers 3 months 1 week ago #26587

I heard some scuttlebutt last night about this and it was a case of Moylan or Griffin.........Moylan is staying

I guess we will only know once our finals appearance is done if its true. It appears they have been at loggerheads for many months.

Moylan wants out of Panthers 3 months 1 week ago #26588

• Puss
I hope the matter can be set aside to allow a successful finals preparation.

"at loggerheads for many months" is not what we want to hear this time of year.
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Puss.

Moylan wants out of Panthers 3 months 1 week ago #26589

• LateMail
The Mole is reporting that Garth Brennan is in talks with The Titans re head coaching role, and has promised to bring Moylan with him.

wwos.nine.com.au/2017/09/05/06/26/penrit...oast-titans-the-mole

The Mole has been more wrong than right with his rumours this season, so hopefully is wrong about this one as well.

Its a pity we don't replace Griffin with Brennan, before we lose him. As someone that has already coached Moylan, Cartwright, DWZ, Blake, Yeo, Cleary, JFH, May, CHW, etc, the players would know what sort of coach and leader they would be getting, and he would be the best placed to step in next season and resolve any player unrest. But not expecting it to happen unfortunately.

Moylan wants out of Panthers 3 months 1 week ago #26591

• Kevin
  • Panthers Hate Parra
Personal issues, they get fixed on the Gold Coast.......

Moylan wants out of Panthers 3 months 1 week ago #26594

• Puss
........ Bwah... Ha ha haa haa , you're killin me Kev. :lol

he may become a 'Bear' necessity on the g coast. :silly:
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Puss.
The following user(s) said Thank You   Kevin

Moylan wants out of Panthers 3 months 1 week ago #26596

• Kevin
  • Panthers Hate Parra
Maybe that's the issue, not enough places to "blow" your cash in the riff, well not in style anyway lol

Moylan wants out of Panthers 3 months 1 week ago #26599

• Griggsy
  • Thank you received: 22
Maybe Gus has already made a good offer to Madge.

I would prefer Garth Brennan but Madge has to be better than Hook.

Moylan wants out of Panthers 3 months 1 week ago #26600

• LateMail
Griggsy wrote:
Maybe Gus has already made a good offer to Madge.

I would prefer Garth Brennan but Madge has to be better than Hook.

Agree with you on Madge. He would be a massive upgrade on Griffin. At least he knows what it takes to win a premiership.

But unfortunately it looks like it's not going to be Madge or Brennan. There was a quote from Fletcher in the Daily Telegraph today saying that Griffin has been rewarded with a 2 year extension that the board approved a month ago. Rewarded!

So if Griffin and Moylan can't work together, and Panthers have already extended Griffins contract, how can Gould's comment yesterday that Moylan is 100% committed to the Panthers going to work out? And what happens to the other players that are unhappy with Griffin as well? Will Gould try and convince the media that they have mental health problems as well??
The following user(s) said Thank You   steamboatfarmer