Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Gusbagging

Gusbagging 2 weeks 5 days ago #26710

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 254
.... does it annoy others here when Gus Gould expresses opinion
on matters other than Panther issues? There is a conflict of interest
here he seems totally oblivious to.

'Storm overrated', 'dally m's lack integrity' etc and all in Panthers livery.

Bloke is entitled to an opinion as a media commentator. But his role at
Panthers is first and foremost I would've thought.

Mind your own (and our) business Gus. Panthers 1st, bugger the others.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by Puss.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You   mr walker, steamboatfarmer

Gusbagging 2 weeks 4 days ago #26711

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 200
I don't mind him expressing his opinion, he is paid for it in the media. I fear the next time we play the Storm, as they won't forget his "overrated" tag, and will do everything they can to make us pay for his opinion.

As for his opinion on the Dally M's. I agree that the system needs an overhaul. It would be fairer for every player in a game to receive a rating out of 10, than for the current 3,2,1 system. This would stop farces like Aaron Woods being named the best prop for this year.
Last Edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by mutley.

Gusbagging 2 weeks 2 days ago #26716

• Kevin
  • Panthers Hate Parra
  • Thank you received: 183
Your joking right, they nearly get the spoon, we get towelled up in origin and he is the best forward in the game, bloody oath it needs an overhaul, frighten rigged if you ask me. I wouldn't pick that stat freak in our reggies side, at least all of those forwards aim up!!!!!

Gusbagging 1 week 6 days ago #26735

• richo
  • Thank you received: 109
Gus divides opinions. I have no issue with anything he says on the game he is a far more astute mind that I will ever be.

In respect to his role at the Panthers it never ceases to amaze me on how so many are critical about what he has done for our club.

When he came back to the Panthers we were in a total mess. Shambolic. While he personally never promised to deliver a premiership within five years there he has always had to live with this five year plan stigma.

Objectively, when you look at where we where when he took over and where we are now he has done an amazing job really even if you don't agree with his recruitment of head coach Anthony Griffin which seems to be the main gripe among Panther fans.

Are we on the verge of a dynasty. No definitely not. Realistically, we simply cannot compete with the likes of the Broncos, Storm, Roosters and one or two others who have unlimited resources as a result of the Third Party Agreements which favour the above mentioned sides.

I listened with interest at what he had to say last night at the award's ceremony and again you surely cannot be anything but impressed with this guy as a leader of our club.
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley, Pomoz

Gusbagging 1 week 5 days ago #26745

• Griggsy
  • Thank you received: 21
What a champion coach. Maybe our first grade coach could get some tips from this clip

www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2017/10/...e_the_panthers_.html
The following user(s) said Thank You   Pomoz

Gusbagging 1 week 5 days ago #26748

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 254
"Gus divides opinions". - quote richo

Sure can.

I'm not so critical of what he's done for Panthers
more so of what he has to say on other NRL matters.
Panthers are linked by association with much of his
commentary outside our walls, good or bad !
Last Edit: 1 week 5 days ago by Puss.

Gusbagging 1 week 1 day ago #26754

• mr walker
  • Thank you received: 129
Gusbagging - what a great term & perfect description of his manner. He is the greatest gasbagger since Kevin 07.

Put a mic anywhere near him and the shite just comes spewing out - he can't help himself and I'm sure even he doesn't believe half of what he says. There is a meeting with Moylan, and at the end a release is put out saying, that in the interests of Matty & respecting his privacy, there will be no further comment from the club. Next thing he's on TV divulging all the details. Really would want to be in the trenches with him!

His comments about Storm were ridiculous, only serving to get his boofhead on TV. Gus "say anything for a buck" Gould, can say anything he wants of course, but not in a Panthers shirt.

I know no-one at Panthers has the testicles to pull him up on any matter, but someone needs to get into his ear and set him straight on a few matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You   Puss, Southernhillfan