Panther Pride

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Panthers SOO players

Panthers SOO players 3 weeks 18 hours ago #27236

Congrats go to our players selected........Cleary,Maloney,RCG and Peach

Well done and its a deserved reward for your efforts this year and goes a long way to explain why we are top of the ladder but i feel 2 were desperately unlucky in not getting a call up

Yeo and Merrin would have to feel unlucky IMO and i hope they continue to perform at the highest level as i believe their opportunity will come.

I think in this series Cleary and Maloney are and will be key.........Cleary will be targeted and will be subject to heavy hits and sadly some cheap shots but he will show them and the wider NRL community why he is a superstar in the making. Maloney on the other hand has shown this year he is loving his football at Panthers and has also taken his game to another level, he mightn't have the legs to make the big line breaks but he has the football brain to be a meter ahead of them in his thinking.

Will be a beauty and just hope our boys play their best and come through with no injuries
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley

Panthers SOO players 2 weeks 6 days ago #27237

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 286
..... sorry I'm selfish. I could not give a damn what happens with SOO.

I am only concerned with Penrith. Many of you would be delighted that
4 Panthers have been (rewarded) selected. To that end it's like the best
club side is handicapped each year (isn't that what salary cap is for?)

Outside of a grand final victory last Sat's victory over Saints is gonna
Be mighty hard to beat.

Best wishes to our reps and forumites enjoy. I'll check in for steamy
and shazza's take on results, minus injury reports I hope. - cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You   Kevin, BathurstTom

Panthers SOO players 2 weeks 4 days ago #27239

Hey Puss........i see things a little different but first and foremost i am concerned for the Panther players for injuries but also believe this can be an experience for players like RCG and Cleary to develop their skills.
More broadly i see it as a reward, i know it detracts from our starting side but you have to acknowledge these players are professionals and to them State and Country selections are the pinnacle of their game and a level of excellence they strive for.

Guys like Maloney have been there and done that but he has shown a hunger to be there again and i have to defer to him ,it must be almost the ultimate experience for a professional footballer.
I see upside to players like RCG and especially Cleary who will only grow as players from this experience.........and this will only help us as we run into the finals