Panther Pride

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Peter Wallace retires effective immediately

Peter Wallace retires effective immediately 1 week 5 hours ago #27251

Congratulations to Peter and i wish him well in his immediate retirement and his transition into a coaching role with Panthers

Been a great servant of the game and indeed his heart has always been Panthers.

I salute you and hope you have a long career in coaching.

Also hope his future years are not too impacted by his injuries
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley, Bryan

Peter Wallace retires effective immediately 1 week 18 minutes ago #27252

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 231
I had a feeling this was coming, but it was still a bit of a shock to hear the news.

All the best for the future Peter, and thanks for everything you have done for the club.
The following user(s) said Thank You   Bryan

Peter Wallace retires effective immediately 6 days 11 hours ago #27253

• Bryan
  • Thank you received: 68
I had no idea it was coming, so it was a real shock.

Thank you, Peter. Your service, passion, toughness, skill (often overlooked) and especially your selflessness and willingness to put the team first will have been a huge lesson for everyone at Panthers.

Best wishes to you and your family, and best of luck with your coaching career. I hope you're at Panthers for a long time and that the club looks after you.

Peter Wallace retires effective immediately 6 days 4 hours ago #27256

I New this s day was coming, but still a shock that it actually has happened.

A completely selfless act by Wal, as can only be expected baby a man who has given it all, and put the team first in every game he played (for us, NSW and the broncos).

I was so glad at the time of his resigning, after he left us in unfortunate circumstances only weeks prior to Gowers unexpected departure.

I am sure he has still lots to give the club in a coaching capacity, and that comes as no surprise having seen his close in involvement with the coaching staff over the years.

In what may be his final act of self sacrifice, I’m sure his salary cap payments (if the NRL release) go towards the digging and retention of his young replacement(s), whose contracts are up at the end of the year.

Well done Peter, you were my kids favorite player having visited them at school, and they were always so excited to tell me how you spoke to them and taught them ball skills.

Peter Wallace retires effective immediately 5 days 14 hours ago #27258

• Kevin
  • Panthers Hate Parra
  • Thank you received: 201
His mental toughness is his forte, that will bode well during any coaching tenure.

Any man who can work for someone who has essentially sacked them in the past and not have 1 iota of an issue putting the team need first, is a character building individual anyone would want to work for.

Long live Wal at the Panthers
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley, Puss

Peter Wallace retires effective immediately 4 days 10 hours ago #27259

• shazza
  • Thank you received: 179
I would like to add my thanks to Wal for his selfless contribution to the Panthers current position on th NRL ladder and to our player’s never say die attitude to their football which has to be a reflection of Peter’s courageous mindset.
With Wallace’s departure freeing up salary cap dollars, the loss of Brown at the start of the season and the cloud over Sam McKendry’s playing future, NOW would be a good time (before the June 30 deadline) to contemplate a return to the fold of one of the best and most popular front rowers to play for us in the last decade, Leilani Latu. It would be fair to say that if Cartwright had decided to leave a couple of weeks earlier, Leilani would still be here. He’s obviously not happy at the Titans, he can’t even make the bench, so getting him back to the foot of the mountain should be a no brainer and not all that difficult to achieve.
We are certainly down on front row stocks and rather than go looking for a journeyman from some other club, why don’t we just go with someone we know and bring the big fella home.
Shazza
The following user(s) said Thank You   Puss