Panther Pride

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Panthers added to Kangaroos Train On Squad

Panthers added to Kangaroos Train On Squad 3 years 3 weeks ago #20653

  • Ross
  • Ross's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Member
  • Posts: 776
  • Thank you received: 353
Congratulations to:

* Matt Moylan
* Josh Mansour
* Adam Docker

For being added to the Kangaroos train-on squad.

Recognition for the massive seasons you guys have experienced this year.

Well done!


Sent from iPhone GO PANTHERS!
"To be a Penrith Panther is an honour. A privilege ... we don't just let any bastard in." - Dave Applebee
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You   mutley, Puss

Panthers added to Kangaroos Train On Squad 3 years 3 weeks ago #20654

  • Dufeyz
  • Dufeyz's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Member
  • Posts: 315
  • Thank you received: 44
It was kind of expected, but a great achievement nonetheless. I would freak out (in a good way) if any of them were picked to play in the tournament.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Panthers added to Kangaroos Train On Squad 3 years 3 weeks ago #20655

Docker is the new Purtell, not only at club level, but on a national scale!


I just vomited in my mouth..
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Panthers added to Kangaroos Train On Squad 3 years 3 weeks ago #20658

  • Kevin
  • Kevin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Member
  • Panthers Hate Parra
  • Posts: 1112
  • Thank you received: 183
You really don't rate him do you SAP.

Admittedly I was surprised about his inclusion to train with the Aussie side, but I don't think he is the new Purtell.

I was happy for him to be part of our 17, but as you stated previously, when Carty, Peachy, Taylor and even Yeo are all fit next year, I think he will do it tough to make the grade.

He will need to add a few (5-10) kilos and maintain his hitting prowess to be a chance next season.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Panthers added to Kangaroos Train On Squad 3 years 3 weeks ago #20659

  • Ross
  • Ross's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Member
  • Posts: 776
  • Thank you received: 353
What an excellent contribution to this thread topic from you SAP.

How hard is it to congratulate these guys for selection to the train on squad? - in your haste to let us all know that you have 'vomited in your mouth' over Adam Docker's selection you could not even bring yourself to acknowledge Moylan or Mansour on their selection.

He might be your new 'Adrian Purtell' but there are plenty of better judges around who have recognised Docker.

I attended the Panthers Annual Awards night two Monday's ago. Adam Docker won the John Farragher Award for Courage and before he made his acceptance speech the big screen played highlights of Docker's year - well worth a look as a reminder for those fans who only see from afar. It was also an eye opener as to what this young bloke puts himself through to play each week - for us.

He's only 23 and has played around 50 odd matches - his career is just starting and he has been recognised by the Australian selectors & has been added to the train-on squad.

Clearly SAP knows more about Docker than Ivan Cleary and David Fairleigh and Tim Sheens and the Australian selectors plus Gus Gould.

For some it would be better to say nothing at all but it seems it is just too hard.

What a knob.

Go Panthers!
"To be a Penrith Panther is an honour. A privilege ... we don't just let any bastard in." - Dave Applebee
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You   hivnoh holova, smokeypanther, BathurstTom, Spaz McKenzie

Panthers added to Kangaroos Train On Squad 3 years 3 weeks ago #20660

  • Panther1967
  • Panther1967's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Member
  • Posts: 1300
  • Thank you received: 142
Adam Docker is bound for greatness.

His stinging in defense will make him a feared defender for many seasons to come.

I don't expect any of our 3 to make the final squad,although Mansour must be considered an outside chance.

And 5 Panthers are added to the Aussie Juniors Squad:

Andy Saunders,Chris Smith,Isaah Yeo ,Kieran Moseley,Waqa Blake.

Were RCG and Kiern Moss too old for this squad?
Last Edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Panther1967.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Panthers added to Kangaroos Train On Squad 3 years 3 weeks ago #20661

  • Panther1967
  • Panther1967's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Member
  • Posts: 1300
  • Thank you received: 142
Ross wrote:
What an excellent contribution to this thread topic from you SAP.

How hard is it to congratulate these guys for selection to the train on squad? - in your haste to let us all know that you have 'vomited in your mouth' over Adam Docker's selection you could not even bring yourself to acknowledge Moylan or Mansour on their selection.

He might be your new 'Adrian Purtell' but there are plenty of better judges around who have recognised Docker.

I attended the Panthers Annual Awards night two Monday's ago. Adam Docker won the John Farragher Award for Courage and before he made his acceptance speech the big screen played highlights of Docker's year - well worth a look as a reminder for those fans who only see from afar. It was also an eye opener as to what this young bloke puts himself through to play each week - for us.

He's only 23 and has played around 50 odd matches - his career is just starting and he has been recognised by the Australian selectors & has been added to the train-on squad.

Clearly SAP knows more about Docker than Ivan Cleary and David Fairleigh and Tim Sheens and the Australian selectors plus Gus Gould.

For some it would be better to say nothing at all but it seems it is just too hard.

What a knob.

Go Panthers!

Well said Ross.

All I can say is that there are people who float through the internet and use a sovereign but distant commentary style mixed with trivial elements of their daily life and are trapped and need to indicate a mystical fantasized life.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Panthers added to Kangaroos Train On Squad 3 years 3 weeks ago #20662

  • mutley
  • mutley's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 1757
  • Thank you received: 200
Panther1967 wrote:
Adam Docker is bound for greatness.

His stinging in defense will make him a feared defender for many seasons to come.

I don't expect any of our 3 to make the final squad,although Mansour must be considered an outside chance.

And 5 Panthers are added to the Aussie Juniors Squad:

Andy Saunders,Chris Smith,Isaah Yeo ,Kieran Moseley,Waqa Blake.

Were RCG and Kiern Moss too old for this squad?

Pretty sure RCG & Moss are too old. Yeo was injured in the game yesterday, so he may not play either.

Congratulations to the 3 players who have made the senior Australian Squad.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Panthers added to Kangaroos Train On Squad 3 years 3 weeks ago #20670

  • Tylooper
  • Tylooper's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Member
  • Posts: 469
  • Thank you received: 197
C'mon Ross! You've been around long enough to know that Souf has never said anything positive about this club or it's players. I spent a week in South Australia one day......I'd be a bitter person too if I had to live there.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You   Ross, Dufeyz

Panthers added to Kangaroos Train On Squad 3 years 3 weeks ago #20677

  • Kevin
  • Kevin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Member
  • Panthers Hate Parra
  • Posts: 1112
  • Thank you received: 183
Hey Tylooper, don't pigeon hole everyone who has lived in S.A. :pinch:

You do realise SAP is in Whyalla, that's why he is "special", it's a special place :blink:

On the drive from Port Augusta to Whyalla, about 5-10 kms out, shit gets different, red dirt, smelter smog showing how close your getting.........all they need is the banjo ha haaaaaaa

My in-laws live there, but they came over to get hitched, we went to Lilianfels for there wedding night and the Brother in law (born & raised in Whyalla) ordered Schnitty, chips and gravy for dinner :ohmy:

I reckon they would vote Todd Carney for Mayor :woohoo:

Problem is, Russel Packer probably lives next door :whistle:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Panthers added to Kangaroos Train On Squad 3 years 3 weeks ago #20679

  • ACTPanthers
  • ACTPanthers's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Member
  • Posts: 711
  • Thank you received: 93
Congrats to all 3 boys! All 3 have earned the kudos so credit where it's due.

On the Docker topic, while I'm not a MASSIVE fan I can see why he is selected - Not the flashiest or most skillful of players but gives 110% - I would like to see him work on his attack and consistency in tackles (Yes he makes a few big hits, but bounces off a lot as well - He needs to learn to stick most of these attempts)
ACT Penrith Panthers Fans Group
Twitter - @ACTPanthers
FaceBook - ACT Penrith Panthers Fans
And, if you would like to contact me directly please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Panthers added to Kangaroos Train On Squad 3 years 2 weeks ago #20686

  • mutley
  • mutley's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 1757
  • Thank you received: 200
Kevin wrote:
My in-laws live there, but they came over to get hitched, we went to Lilianfels for there wedding night and the Brother in law (born & raised in Whyalla) ordered Schnitty, chips and gravy for dinner :ohmy:
What's wrong with Schnitty, chips & gravy for dinner? It's an Aussie Pub classic!!! :P
Last Edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by mutley.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Panthers added to Kangaroos Train On Squad 3 years 2 weeks ago #20692

In the D/T a couple of weeks ago Tim Sheens rated Docker as a Paul Gallen type player. He said with Gallen missing Docker could play that role for the Kangaroos.

Whether Adam gets selected or not time will tell. It's unlikely both Josh Jackson and Docker will be selected. Its time to cheer our man and hope for the best. Selection will only help his game.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Panthers added to Kangaroos Train On Squad 3 years 2 weeks ago #20704

  • Kevin
  • Kevin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Member
  • Panthers Hate Parra
  • Posts: 1112
  • Thank you received: 183
mutley wrote:
Kevin wrote:
My in-laws live there, but they came over to get hitched, we went to Lilianfels for there wedding night and the Brother in law (born & raised in Whyalla) ordered Schnitty, chips and gravy for dinner :ohmy:
What's wrong with Schnitty, chips & gravy for dinner? It's an Aussie Pub classic!!! :P

Love a Schnitty at the Pub....not at a 5 star Restaurant.

His all time favourite meal is Spam & Eggs :sick:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Panthers added to Kangaroos Train On Squad 3 years 2 weeks ago #20708

  • mutley
  • mutley's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 1757
  • Thank you received: 200
Kevin wrote:
mutley wrote:
Kevin wrote:
My in-laws live there, but they came over to get hitched, we went to Lilianfels for there wedding night and the Brother in law (born & raised in Whyalla) ordered Schnitty, chips and gravy for dinner :ohmy:
What's wrong with Schnitty, chips & gravy for dinner? It's an Aussie Pub classic!!! :P

Love a Schnitty at the Pub....not at a 5 star Restaurant.

His all time favourite meal is Spam & Eggs :sick:

I guess we won't see him dining out on Escargot or Venison any time soon :P
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Panthers added to Kangaroos Train On Squad 3 years 2 weeks ago #20743

  • mr walker
  • mr walker's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Member
  • Posts: 532
  • Thank you received: 129
Just catching up with all the news after our trip. Congrats to our boys - well deserved recognition for their efforts, whatever role they may or may not play during the series. Any rep experience, even in a train-on squad, is all for the better for them and for our club.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Panthers added to Kangaroos Train On Squad 3 years 1 week ago #20783

  • Kevin
  • Kevin's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Member
  • Panthers Hate Parra
  • Posts: 1112
  • Thank you received: 183
Heard this morning, that Wombat Aaron Woods looks like getting a Kangaroo Jumper - That will do me :pinch:

If he is in the top 6 Aussie Props in our game, I will eat SAP's regurgitation :sick:

His front row partner in Keefy Galloway is a better option......BLOODY HELL how do these pretenders get recognised?

HE IS POO
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Panthers added to Kangaroos Train On Squad 3 years 1 week ago #20784

  • ACTPanthers
  • ACTPanthers's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Member
  • Posts: 711
  • Thank you received: 93
Kevin wrote:
Heard this morning, that Wombat Aaron Woods looks like getting a Kangaroo Jumper - That will do me :pinch:

If he is in the top 6 Aussie Props in our game, I will eat SAP's regurgitation :sick:

His front row partner in Keefy Galloway is a better option......BLOODY HELL how do these pretenders get recognised?

HE IS POO

www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/four-nations-2...dujljl-1227089159548

Those who scream loudest and all that......
ACT Penrith Panthers Fans Group
Twitter - @ACTPanthers
FaceBook - ACT Penrith Panthers Fans
And, if you would like to contact me directly please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You   Kevin
Powered by Kunena Forum

Panther Pride 2015

Top Desktop version