Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: SOO Game 2

SOO Game 2 4 years 5 months ago #14745

• benos
  • Thank you received: 49
A place to chat about Game 2 in QLD.

Just when NSW were getting back on their feet and looking likely to win a series for the first time in 8 year, 2 of their players muck up and get suspended from the game, disrupting any sort of good preparation they may have had.

What's your thoughts on both sides named? I think QLD look a little light on the bench this time. Taking in 3 back rowers and a half. Was funny to read Rothfield trying his best to give it to Mal to create a stir.

"BUZZ ROTHFIELD ‏@BuzzRothfield 21h
Mal dumps Shillington & Harrison for origin II #noloyalty #panic"

Only made 2 changes to a team, and based on game 1 both needed to be made, Shillington and Harrison both MIA and added nothing to the team. I think the idea of the loyalty game from if a player plays his hardest and does everything he can for the team then the coach will stick with him. Loyalty goes both ways. But the fact that these players didn't put in and added nothing, I can understand the changes.

Also had to laugh at his other tweet:

"BUZZ ROTHFIELD ‏@BuzzRothfield 21h
I think Mal's got a #5yearplan"

Clearly any chance he gets he tries to reference Gus in somewhere, but the reaction of the fans to his tweet were the funniest.

"Rob McGovern ‏@Guvner38 21h
@BuzzRothfield Pretty sure its been a #7yearplan and counting."

Classic!!! Not sure what Buzz was trying to say there (that goes for most of the time) but I do get tired of the constant references to the #5yearplan.

Slightly off topic now but one last tweet I noticed of his:

"BUZZ ROTHFIELD ‏@BuzzRothfield 16 Jun
Tonight's Sally's
3 Gus - sacked Matt Elliott.
2 Peter O'Sullivan
1 SKD"

His Sally's are basically his version of the Dally M's but for negative things..... Seriously..... Matt Elliott was sacked 2 years ago. It's time to move on Buzz. End of rant.

Back to Origin 2......
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SOO Game 2 4 years 5 months ago #14748

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 205
benos wrote:
Matt Elliott was sacked 2 years ago. It's time to move on Buzz. End of rant.
Warriors win 4 games & suddenly he's coach of the year? We won 4 in a row under him 3 times & did bugger all after it. Still a long way to go before anyone can claim Elliott's coaching has turned the corner.

Back on topic - looking forward to seeing Merritt in a blue jersey. It beggars belief that he hasn't made it before now, he has consistently been the best winger in the game for the last few years, it is about time he was recognised for it.

SOO Game 2 4 years 5 months ago #14759

• panthermike
  • Thank you received: 10
Conspiracy theory???...So many players get into trouble when in the deep north. If rum is involved then I am sure it,s planned. :cheer: :cheer: B)

SOO Game 2 4 years 5 months ago #14771

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 205
If rum is the problem, then I could be in trouble this weekend (my brother's bucks night :P )

SOO Game 2 4 years 5 months ago #14773

• panthermike
What hope has Blake Fergo have???? he has Anthony Mundine as a mentor.

SOO Game 2 4 years 5 months ago #14775

• Nads J
  • Thank you received: 130
The Luke Priddis Foundation is having a SOO 2 function next Wednesday night at Panthers.
If anyone is interested let me know and I will put up booking details
The views expressed above are my own. If you find these views offensive please follow the complaints process. Or just skip reading what I post.

follow me @NadsJcarta

SOO Game 2 4 years 5 months ago #14885

• box57l
With the new rules regarding the punch and be sent off, NSW should exploit this by getting Gal and co. to feign a punch if provoked, cop one for the team in return and have the QLD instigator get sent off.

SOO Game 2 4 years 5 months ago #14896

• Kevin
  • Panthers Hate Parra
  • Thank you received: 186
I fear Qld will have a field day running at Merrit :(

SOO Game 2 4 years 5 months ago #14898

• ACTPanthers
  • Thank you received: 93
box57l wrote:
With the new rules regarding the punch and be sent off, NSW should exploit this by getting Gal and co. to feign a punch if provoked, cop one for the team in return and have the QLD instigator get sent off.

Wow resort to cheating to win a series.... :sick:
ACT Penrith Panthers Fans Group
Twitter - @ACTPanthers
FaceBook - ACT Penrith Panthers Fans
And, if you would like to contact me directly please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

SOO Game 2 4 years 5 months ago #14934

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 256
.....them 'toads' will get the cash up north, just. However, if we run them to the wire the damage will have been done (subconsciously) for a famous series win in the return clash back home.

SOO Game 2 4 years 5 months ago #14947

• Jagman
  • Out of the darkness we will come!!
  • Thank you received: 150
Kevin wrote:
I fear Qld will have a field day running at Merrit :(

I think Queensland fear Merrit having a field day.

And what a shame this second game is not in wet old Sydney town. SOO played in relentless rain and a rain soaked pitch is always good value, of course the ground keeper would disagree....lol.
Life is a lesson that some never learn.
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Jagman.

SOO Game 2 4 years 5 months ago #14964

• Kevin
  • Panthers Hate Parra
I doubt Qld fear Merrit Jagman, but let's hope he does have a field day on debut, a hatrick with the 3rd being a sidestep passed Inglis to score, making it 44-0 :woohoo:

SOO Game 2 4 years 5 months ago #14965

• ACTPanthers
Going against the grain.... Cmon QLD!!!!! :P
Twitter - @ACTPanthers
And, if you would like to contact me directly please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

SOO Game 2 4 years 5 months ago #14972

• Kevin
  • Panthers Hate Parra
ACTPanthers wrote:
Going against the grain.... Cmon QLD!!!!! :P

ha haaa A Qlder living in the ACT, probably drive a VW and drink VB from a sippy cup :P

Where were you born ACT, NSW? :ohmy:

Carrrrrnnnn THE BLUES.....Sponsored by yucky icky VB I KNOW....HOW SAD

SOO Game 2 4 years 5 months ago #14987

Merritt keeps rushing up and not tackling anyone. His Confidence must be shot after letting in two tries and they haven't even bombed him yet. Qld 18 nil NSW no kicking game, no attack. Looks like we need new props and a winger for game 3.

SOO Game 2 4 years 5 months ago #14988

North Shore Panther wrote:
Merritt keeps rushing up and not tackling anyone. His Confidence must be shot after letting in two tries and they haven't even bombed him yet. Qld 18 nil NSW no kicking game, no attack. Looks like we need new props and a winger for game 3.

Yeah 24 to Nil They finally bombed Merritt with predictable results. Sin Bin is a joke, Merrin is an idiot.

SOO Game 2 4 years 5 months ago #14990

North Shore Panther wrote:

Yeah 24 to Nil They finally bombed Merritt with predictable results. Sin Bin is a joke, Merrin is an idiot. Only saved by Hodges and Tate being sent as well.

SOO Game 2 4 years 5 months ago #14991

Merrin should be out for striking on Sat. Hodges ran 10 metres to hit Merrin with a forearm. Tate only pushed Gallen so everything was over the top from reaction to sin bins after that.

SOO Game 2 4 years 5 months ago #14992

• Pomoz
  • Thank you received: 204
My two bob's worth:
QLD have the best 1,6,7,9 in the game so if the forwards make the yards they will win every time. And so it was tonight.

Aaron Woods should never have got the gig as the starting prop. His stats for the game show why.38m for the game. At the very least Fifita or Merrin should have got the starting spot. My preference for obvious reasons was someone tried and tested at this level. Take a bow Tim Grant. I think the Blues management were derelict in their duty in throwing Woods in at the deep end. He is a good player and they dropped him right in it. Idiots.

We should never have had Reynolds on the bench. What the hell are they tryo\ing to do to his confidence? They don't trust him to play in game one and let him on for about 10 minutes in game two. A waste of a bench spot and a terrible way to treat Josh. I love the bloke and reckon he has a big ticker and is a great player. But if he doesn't fit the side, then don't pick him.

Pearce is not a SOO halfback. His kicking game is about as good as Dave Taylor's. He is slow. I would back myself to beat him over 100m and I'm 51 this year. I don't question his courage, but he just doesn't have the nous to be a SOO player.

Lozza has no experience of first grade coaching and it shows by some of his selections. Not sure how he got the job to be honest.

SOO Game 2 4 years 5 months ago #14993

• tomoo
  • Thank you received: 4
I believe there are some definite team changes needed between now and game 3. To start with Merritt needs to go, he should never have been there and in my opinion tonight he showed why he hadn't been picked before. I would have had Michael Gordon on the wing. For NSW sake i hope Blake Ferguson is back for game 3 (for NRL's sake i hope he isn't). Aaron Woods should have never been picked for this game, I assume Grant wasn't picked because of his broken hand (its the only reason i can think) and in game 3, I would expect Grant and or Tamou in the team for Woods. I would expect Hayne to come back into fullback or put him on the wing to replace Merrit. (FOR GOD'S SAKE, DON'T BRING UATE BACK INTO THE TEAM) I dont know exactly what Reynolds job is? And surely the halves can do better than that? When does the Pearce 'trial' end?

SOO Game 2 4 years 5 months ago #14994

Qld started the game up tempo. Maloney gave away a dumb penalty and a few tackles later they scored. 6-0

From there they get the ball via a blatant strip and stand offside and bash people. Our ruck was much cleaner than there's and they got away with it. Merritt rushes in and they score again. Doen't matter who was winger, last year it was Uate if we don't spread and cover the opposite number they score via Boyd on the left 14-0

It was only after 20mins when we started holding them down and they actually slowed their pace down that we started to get back in the game.
Better team won on the night.

Pomoz Where did you get the stat?. I agree Woods kept missing tackles with grabs early but was beaten by the speed of the game. I thought Fifita was outstanding Dugan and the Morrises tried hard. Halves were pretty shit and should have told Robbie Farah to back off and let them kick the ball longer. As i said way back Gallen is great at ANZ but gets outmuscled at Suncorp. Expect TG / Tamou to play in game 3 if either can play a few good games in between. Gallen back to lock. Bird and Lewis second row.

SOO Game 2 4 years 5 months ago #14995

• Panther182
  • Thank you received: 14
I would of replaced Maloney at half time and stuck Reynolds in at least he could have shown what he could do in his natural position.

I wouldn't pick him for game 3 it is a wasted bench spot lewis can cover utility role if needed.

Grant has to be there game 3!!

If we lose game 3 surly Pierces rein as nsw halfback would be over absolutely hopeless kicking game tonight. Adam Reynolds is the future.

SOO Game 2 4 years 5 months ago #14996

• Pomoz
  • Thank you received: 204
North Shore. There are two places you can get game stats: www.nrl.com.au and www.nrlstats.com.
The following user(s) said Thank You   North Shore Panther

SOO Game 2 4 years 5 months ago #14997

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 256
Puss wrote:
.....them 'toads' will get the cash up north, just. However, if we run them to the wire the damage will have been done (subconsciously) for a famous series win in the return clash back home.

....damage was inflicted alright, on us. We were dominated from go to whoa and any ascendancy earned from Game One is out the window. I fear our challenge is over already. I find it hard to see us recovering from this loss irrespective of who they pick.

SOO Game 2 4 years 5 months ago #14998

• ACTPanthers
QUEENSLANDER!!!!!! :silly:
Twitter - @ACTPanthers
  • Page: