Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ashes Predictions

Ashes Predictions 3 years 11 months ago #19147

• Kevin
  • Panthers Hate Parra
  • Thank you received: 183
We will get flogged this series, when the Australian batting order consists of Steve Smith at 6 as a genuine bat, we are in real trouble.

I'd go so far as to say 4-0 to the Poms with a washout somewhere !

Geez I hope I'm wrong, but how can you look forward to an Ashes series with all the crap going on.....it's just not cricket !

I blame the pyjama party that is 20/20 on the poor product Australia is producing, but as with many sports, it's all about the $$$, it's a shame really. :(
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ashes Predictions 3 years 11 months ago #19148

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 254
:P ......... oh Lordy! Is there actually a cricket offseason or do we have to endure this all year round?

I agree this 20/20 rubbish is spoiling the other formats. Could you imagine Tiger Woods turning up for only 9 holes.
Or lets have the tennis over 1 set on a smaller court with 3 players a side. Some things are best left alone, look at
Rugby yawnion. Ok that's a bad example. Nothing could help that. Unless of course it was played in an Olympic pool full of noah's.

Look, cricket needs a transplant, fast. Or even the time honoured Ashes will be dead and buried.

Ashes Predictions 3 years 11 months ago #19153

• Panther1967
  • Thank you received: 142
Kevin wrote:
We will get flogged this series, when the Australian batting order consists of Steve Smith at 6 as a genuine bat, we are in real trouble.

I'd go so far as to say 4-0 to the Poms with a washout somewhere !

Geez I hope I'm wrong, but how can you look forward to an Ashes series with all the crap going on.....it's just not cricket !

I blame the pyjama party that is 20/20 on the poor product Australia is producing, but as with many sports, it's all about the $$$, it's a shame really. :(

When the Ozzies were in England a couple of months ago,I thought Smith vastly strengthened the batting as he did score a handful of runs.

In fact, I was left dumbfounded in why they left him out in the first place.

Ashes Predictions 3 years 11 months ago #19156

• Kevin
  • Panthers Hate Parra
I guess the result is all that counts, and his efforts in England suggest he was one of the better batsmen, I just don't see him as a genuine number 6 for Australia at Test Level.

Their is a Winter Olympian with a gold medal who will tell you, it's the work you do to get there that people should focus on, not the fact no one was in front of him when it counted.

Now he's there, I hope he hits 4 consecutive 100's, who cares if it's a messy innings each time as long as the desired result is achieved.

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI

Ashes Predictions 3 years 10 months ago #19224

• Kevin
  • Panthers Hate Parra
Steve Smith, what a legend, MOM in the Ashes series winning game with a superb ton :P

3 to go Smithy, our incumbent number 5.

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OI OI OI

Gotta Love the Aussie Pride, can't understand why it was missing when we had a Sth African Coach :blink:

The Poms are feeling the Aussie pain from 6 months ago :woohoo: