Panther Pride

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Socceroos 1 all with Japan

Soceroos 1 all with Japan 4 years 6 months ago #14040

Australia were carved up all night by Japan. They were good and we were so gutsy. The Aussies scored in the 81st minute with a goal to Tommy Oar. The Aussies had the 3 points in their hand until a cross from Japan hit Matt Mckay in the left arm and Japan got a penalty.

90th minute penalty taken bt Honda Schwartzer went left, ball down the middle, GOAAAAL to Japan,crowd goes wild and Australia are left disappointed despite a result they would have been happy with before the game.

1 point to Australia. Japan qualifies for the World Cup.
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by North Shore Panther.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Socceroos 1 all with Japan 4 years 6 months ago #14041

Too excited to spell correctly. Mod please fix Title.

Possession 58% Japan Australia 42%
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by North Shore Panther.

Socceroos 1 all with Japan 4 years 6 months ago #14045

• Jagman
  • Out of the darkness we will come!!
  • Thank you received: 150
Title Fixed.

I will say that Robbie Kruse has a attitude problem with his teammates and his general turning his back in general play is a real concern. He has tickets on himself, just like Kewell ended up having. Difference is Kewell did deliver when he was at his peak...I've seen nothing from Kruse at International level that impresses me.

Anyway, enough on that bloke. Cahill, on the other hand, Man mountain that bloke.... Great team effort, did not deserve even the draw but it's that fighting spirit I've come to expect from the Socceroos.

Still a bit of work to do, and Oar is still a work in progress but that kid does have skill.

Should also mention the old hands Schwartzer & O'Neil that steadied the ship when the pressure was applied.
Life is a lesson that some never learn.
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Jagman.

Socceroos 1 all with Japan 4 years 4 months ago #16733

• K J
  • Thank you received: 98
Anyone watch the Aussies in the East Asia Games?
They were shite. They were beaten by China. That says it all.

Anyone watch the Japanese play?
They played their 3rd string team against the Aussies and looked ten steps ahead at all times.

We have fallen behind big time. Or more so, Japan are entering world class status.

People have laughed at the Panthers 5 year plan. Japan have a 20 year plan (which had its anniversary and ticked all boxes this year). They have moved on to their 50 year plan. By 2043 they plan to be consistent semi-finalists/finalists in the WC and be a dominant force in the world.

See what foresight and perseverance delivers you...

Socceroos 1 all with Japan 4 years 4 months ago #16736

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 256
...... mate, they've had plans like that before, but only got as far as New Guinea. :whistle:

Socceroos 1 all with Japan 4 years 4 months ago #16738

• K J
  • Thank you received: 98
It could be Indonesia in 20 years time (they're flooding West Papua now as I understand it and their maps suggest northern Australia is part of their sovereign state).
Or it could be China in 30 years time (they have built up a large portfolio of economic interests in this country and they have ambitions of being hegemonic one day.

But I digress. Back to the soccer.

The Japanese have a production line of players coming out of their domestic league and moving off to Europe to better themselves - Kagawa, Honda, Nagatomo to name a few - are conquering all before them, and it looks as though the final part of their jigsaw puzzle, a goal poacher, has been found with Kakitani(sp?) in the East Asia games. They should have beaten Italy in the Confeds Cup too. They have youth and quality across the park. It's all rosy for them looking towards the World Cup.

And what of Australia? A lifeline (or is that an SOS) has been extended out to Harry Kewell, Mark Schwarzer will have had no game time playing second fiddle at Chelsea, Lucas Neill doesn't even have a club to play for, most players ply their trade in the Middle East or in the lower divisions in Europe, or China, or Korea, or America with Tim Cahill.

Tom Rogic has only been given 5 minutes of game time with the Socceroos, there are no players coming through attracting the interest of big European clubs, the best player to have signed for a big European club from our domestic league was a Kiwi (Marco Rojas), we couldn't even score one goal in the qualifiers for the 2012 Olympics - and the biggest insult of all - we were flogged by China in our most recent game. China!

Oh well, at least we made the WC, but when three quarters of that team retire after it the real pain will begin, and the home truths will show. :(

Anyway, I'm off on holidays tomorrow. A good time to block this out, and the recent fortunes of the Panthers for a while...