Panther Pride

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 'Toon' tumult.

'Toon' tumult. 4 years 3 months ago #14845

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 254
.....Alan Shearer's name was ripped down from St James Park this week hours after the Newcastle hero called Joe Kinnears appointment a disaster. What the hell's goin on KJ?

Kinnear was brought in to stop the feuding between Pardew & Carr??? If you don't want the manager, sack him. Kinnears resurrection after his 2008 debacle is surely ill timed and ill conceived.

This latest shemozzle for me, undoes all the great things this club and Bobby Robson had brought to the EPL.

ps you can have Carroll back for 20 million. ;) (SPORTS BAR PLEASE MODS).
Last Edit: 4 years 3 months ago by Puss. Reason: wrong forum category
The administrator has disabled public write access.

'Toon' tumult. 4 years 3 months ago #14846

• Panther1967
  • Thank you received: 142
You had me flummoxed for a bit there Puss. :unsure:

'Toon' tumult. 4 years 3 months ago #14851

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 254
....sorry 'bout that got me directions crossed up. KJ will know what's goin on, he's a big Newcastle (EPL) fan.

'Toon' tumult. 4 years 3 months ago #14857

• K J
  • Thank you received: 98
The decision to rename the sports bar was coincidental (although it does looks like it was done in spite) - but the truth is it came a day before Alan Shearer's article was published.

As for Kinnear's appointment, it defies any logic. The bloke is a dinosaur who reintroduced himself in an interview by insulting the fans, and many Newcastle players by purposely mispronouncing their names. He also lied about his credentials and past achievements. He is a crackpot who got the job because he is mates with the owner who knows nothing about football. Dumb and Dumber.

Pardew can't be sacked because he had his contract extended for a further 8 years only last year. The owner lost all faith in Pardew after the humiliating losses to Sunderland and Liverpool back-to-back (3-0, 5-0) near the end of last season.

The owner likes Carr - he has scouted some very good players for Newcastle that have been brought in and can be sold for good profit down the track. Carr allegedly has been critical of Pardew's coaching saying the players brought in aren't developing properly and that a few are being played out of position. Pardew allegedly argues that many of the players being recommended and brought in just aren't good enough.

That is where Kinnear comes into it. Allegedly Kinnear has been brought in to undermine Pardew and make his job untenable in an attempt to force him to walk away. Things can and will only end badly.

But that's the risk that private ownership brings. It is a lottery how things will go. Blackburn copped a set of clueless owners which saw them get relegated, QPR copped a clueless owner which has seen them stuck with an astronomical wage bill and seen them get relegated, and Newcastle is stuck with a clueless owner which has seen it relegated once already and now there's a big question mark over the next season and beyond.

As for Andy Carroll - good get for West Ham. Pretty much guarantees the club stays away from a relegation battle if he can stay fit and focused. A bit better than Carlton Cole. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You   Puss

'Toon' tumult. 4 years 2 months ago #16015

• K J
  • Thank you received: 98
And now the news that Joe Kinnear is chasing Mick Harford to become his assistant DoF (whose real intention for him is to replace Alan Pardew as manager). Jesus Christ.

The self-implosion and annihilation of the football club is now almost complete. All they need to do now is sell Johan Cabaye and Pappis Cisse, and buy a few hatchet men, maybe Darren Bent or Carlton Cole and look forward to the long road to relegation.

My interest for the club is now at zero. Nothing. Cold. Apathy.

Think I'll subscribe to Setanta and start following the Bundesliga now. At least the clubs over there haven't been violated like they have in Britain.