Panther Pride

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: You'll Never Walk Alone

You'll Never Walk Alone 4 years 4 months ago #16161

• Tylooper
  • Thank you received: 197
Being a child of the 80's, I was a huge Liverpool fan thanks to great players such as Kenny Dalglish and Ian Rush. As a result, the great song by Gerry and the Pacemakers became the anthem of my life. I have been lucky to be there when Penrith won both premierships, there the day Lockett kicked a point in 96 to make the grand final, there the day Waugh hit a boundary off the last ball, been to Camp Nou and watched the great Barcelona in the Champions League. What I just witnessed on TV at the MCG was truly inspiring and makes me jealous as hell that I'm not there tonight.

You'll never walk alone!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

You'll Never Walk Alone 4 years 4 months ago #16166

• Ross
  • Thank you received: 353
The atmosphere at the MCG came across brilliantly on the TV. 95,000 people turned up to see Liverpool in an exhibition match - fantastic effort.

I really thought that the Melbourne Victory did a very good job tonight. They had plenty of youth in their team and were not disgraced at all.

The match itself was fairly boring but given it was a pre-season trial match you can overlook that. Hopefully the likes of Manchester United and Liverpool can make Australia a regular part of their pre-season itinerary.

Now, if we can get Manchester City to take on Western Sydney Wanderers or Sydney FC next year I would be very happy.
"To be a Penrith Panther is an honour. A privilege ... we don't just let any bastard in." - Dave Applebee

You'll Never Walk Alone 4 years 4 months ago #16170

• sullo66
  • Thank you received: 34
Ross wrote:

I really thought that the Melbourne Victory did a very good job tonight. They had plenty of youth in their team and were not disgraced at all.

Apparently MV only had 4 players over 21 last night. I thought they played a hell of a lot better than the all stars did.

You'll Never Walk Alone 4 years 4 months ago #16171

• Ross
  • Thank you received: 353
I am not a fan of Liverpool but.... I have watched the replay of the MCG crowd singing the LFC anthem half a dozen times and I got goose pimples every time. It was fantastic!
"To be a Penrith Panther is an honour. A privilege ... we don't just let any bastard in." - Dave Applebee

You'll Never Walk Alone 4 years 4 months ago #16179

• Kevin
  • Panthers Hate Parra
  • Thank you received: 186
How many 'Pomoz'zies do they have in Melbourne :P

You'll Never Walk Alone 4 years 3 months ago #17376

• Ranga
  • Thank you received: 3
Witnessing it on TV is one thing, being there apart of 95,000 fellow reds and singing your heart out to YNWA was an experience i will never ever forget! one of the best experiences of my life!