Panther Pride

Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Spring Racing Carnival

Spring Racing Carnival 4 years 2 months ago #17244

• Nads J
  • Thank you received: 130
Last year I ran a tipping competition over the spring racing carnival that was quite successful if I must say myself.

The demand to do it again has been good from last year's particpants.

If anyone would like to get involved or would like details let me know here
The views expressed above are my own. If you find these views offensive please follow the complaints process. Or just skip reading what I post.

follow me @NadsJcarta
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Spring Racing Carnival 4 years 2 months ago #17245

• Jagman
  • Out of the darkness we will come!!
  • Thank you received: 150
I'd be keen nads.
Life is a lesson that some never learn.

Spring Racing Carnival 4 years 2 months ago #17246

• Panther Dave
  • Thank you received: 73
Details would be good, thanks Nads.

Spring Racing Carnival 4 years 2 months ago #17248

• Nads J
  • Thank you received: 130
Over the spring I will be picking 20 group and listed races fro people to pick winners in.
The system is on a points basis; 4,3,2,1 for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th in each race.

It will be the equivalent of $10 per race or $200 for the whole comp payable in full before week 4 which will be the first weekend in October.

Prize money last year and this year will be given as follows;
1st 40%
2nd 20%
3rd 10%
the balance will be used to give prizes for largest odds winner, being the only person to select a winner in a given race, last place etc.
If there is any money left beyond that it will be used at a race day where everyone involved attends and we have lucky draws and real bets on the day

Last year I secured tables at Rosehill hill where 22 of us that were in the comp had the best day. I drew a person out of the hat for each race to have a $25, this was out of the left over money

If you guys are on Facebook find me and send a friend request and I will invite you in. I also use the email sysstem to receive the tips which must be 2 hours before the selected race start time.

www.facebook.com/#!/groups/springhorsetipping/
The views expressed above are my own. If you find these views offensive please follow the complaints process. Or just skip reading what I post.

follow me @NadsJcarta

Spring Racing Carnival 4 years 2 weeks ago #18921

• Panther1967
  • Thank you received: 142
Brown Panther still on course for Melbourne Cup after Goodwood defeat

Warmer climes were uppermost in the mind at a gloomy Goodwood on Wednesday as Brown Panther continued his preparation for the Melbourne Cup in November.

Part-owner Michael Owen was on hand to see his horse finish fifth to Grandeur over a clearly inadequate distance in the Greene King Foundation Stakes and was playing up his prospects afterwards, though the 20-1 still on offer on Wednesday night would seem an accurate reflection of Brown Panther's chances in Australia.

"We didn't get to go to our intended target but we wanted a tilt before the Melbourne Cup," explained Owen.

"As much as you always want to win he's run a good race, giving weight all around over an inadequate trip, so you've got to be pleased.

"He needs a lot further than that to be shown to his best but he's run a decent race and hopefully will come out sound and we can go to Melbourne. If he runs, I'll be there."

The five-year-old, who gave Owen his best day to date at the track when winning at Royal Ascot in 2011 and won the Goodwood Cup at the track this summer, has had an interrupted preparation and missed a trip to the Irish St Leger earlier this month when running a temperature.

On Wednesday, he attempted to make all given the drop in trip by six furlongs compared with his success at the Glorious Goodwood meeting, but soon faded in the home straight.

Grandeur, who failed to show his best in the Arlington Million the last time he raced in America, has not been ruled out for a Breeders' Cup challenge in October by Jeremy Noseda.

The winning trainer, who has already placed the grey to win the Twilight Derby at Santa Anita and Hollywood Turf Cup last winter, said: "I was very worried about the ground but I wanted to get another run into him before he goes off to America again. He has a few options out there and I will have to speak to the owner about it first."

Asked about the Breeders' Cup, he added: "He loves Santa Anita but there are horses like The Fugue going there so we'll have to see. It will depend if we decide to be brave."

Noseda had a good half-hour as the lightly raced Sweet Deal came with a sweeping late run in the handicap that followed Grandeur's victory.

Noseda said: "He had a bit of a setback with a pulled muscle in the spring but I've not been in a rush with him and waited for an autumn campaign. He wants some cut in the ground."

Lady Cecil, who announced this week that she intends to train on at her late husband Henry's famous Warren Place yard, can have a timely winner on the first day of Newmarket's Cambridgeshire meeting on Thursday with Court Pastoral (3.40).

Her filly showed improved form on her most recent outing when fourth in this grade at Chantilly and a reproduction of that form may be good enough in what is a wide-open affair on paper.

Charlie Hills' consistent Cable Bay (3.40) is given the nod in the feature race of the day, the Group Three Tattersalls Stakes, after a couple of placed efforts at Group Two level.
www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/sep/25/bl...lbourne-cup-goodwood

Put a lazy $20 e/w on Brown Panther for the Mel Cup.(All in no refunds)

If it gets up,I stand to win over $900.

Spring Racing Carnival 4 years 1 week ago #19059

• Panther1967
Update:

Brown Panther heads straight for Melbourne Cup

Brown Panther will not have a prep run in Australia before the Melbourne Cup at Flemington on November 5.

An impressive winner of the Goodwood Cup before being forced to miss the Irish St Leger with a temperature, the five-year-old ran a perfectly satisfactory race when fifth over an inadequate 10 furlongs in a Goodwood Listed race late last month.

Tom Dascombe's inmate, who is jointly-owned by Michael Owen, will make the trip to Australia next Thursday, but will not have an outing before the main event.

Dascombe said: "He's in Newmarket [in quarantine] at the moment. He worked yesterday, everything went very well, and his flight is booked for a week today.

"He won't be having a run beforehand once he gets to Australia, he'll be going straight for the big race."

The Cheshire handler also confirmed stable jockey Richard Kingscote, who was replaced by Kieren Fallon on Brown Panther for a brief period before regaining the ride, would be on board in Melbourne.

Dascombe said: "Richard (Kingscote) is going out to ride him and I'll go out a week before the race. We're all looking forward to it."

Kerrin McEvoy will partner the Willie Mullins-trained Simenon when he makes his Australian debut at Caulfield on Saturday.

Runner-up in the Gold Cup at Royal Ascot before narrowly beaten in the Lonsdale Cup at York, the six-year-old last month made the journey to Australia in the hope of getting a run in the Melbourne Cup.

As he is not guaranteed a starting berth, Simenon lines up in the Herbert Power Stakes over a mile and half in the hope of getting the penalty which is likely to get him into the race.

McEvoy, who enjoyed a successful stint in Europe for Sheikh Mohammed's operation before relocating to his homeland, will be chasing back-to-back wins in the Herbert Power after guiding Alain de Royer-Dupre's French raider Shahwardi to victory 12 months ago.

The jockey told www.news.com.au: "You can't put them all in the same box, they are different horses.

"The French train a little bit differently to the Irish and Shahwardi had a bit of ping in him when he got here.

"I'll have to see if Simenon has the zip to be competitive over a mile and a half and we won't know that until the day."

www1.skysports.com/horse-racing/news/124...ht-for-melbourne-cup

Not sure whether he has a guaranteed start for the Cup or not.

Going by this article,it seems so.

But I'm hoping he gets in with the bet I put on.

Spring Racing Carnival 3 years 11 months ago #19083

• Panther1967
In the past few days, Brown Panther has incredibly firmed from $51 to $21.

Brown Panther has been in quarantine since arrived on the 18th.

Heres a Melbourne write-up of the chances for the British entries including Brown Panther's.

www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/superracing/i...ibcgg5-1226735553482
Last Edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Panther1967.

Spring Racing Carnival 3 years 11 months ago #19093

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 254
....... ha ha ha ha. After putting up with the normal racing crap for the last month on the overseas raiders..the 1st emergency, a maiden, wins Australia's $3million WFA Cox Plate.

What does that mean? It means me and Nads still have a hope of winning a big one with a local horse and stuff the imports, their snotty owners and their snottier trainers. I pertain the classiest import was that Cumani sheila and not one of her ole mans nags.

aussie, aussie, aussie.