Switch to desktop Register Login

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tonights the Night

Tonights the Night 4 years 5 months ago #14974

• Puss
  • Thank you received: 256
......another leadership challenge, Gillard v/s Rudd ho hum, with the loser to leave politics. I hope it's a draw and they both bugger off. :P
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You   mr walker, Todd Hoffman

Tonights the Night 4 years 5 months ago #14975

• Jagman
  • Out of the darkness we will come!!
  • Thank you received: 150
If only it brings some clarity. But the labor party is in a total mess, imagine if Gillard gets up. What does that say...lol.

At the end of the day it will make little difference in a couple of months. But I do enjoy the drama :)
Life is a lesson that some never learn.

Tonights the Night 4 years 5 months ago #14978

• Puss
.....mate Rudd's a Qlder who should know better than to bung this crap on, when the footy is clearly more important. ;)

Tonights the Night 4 years 5 months ago #14979

• mutley
  • Thank you received: 205
Wasn't it the red headed clown that called for the vote?

I'm tipping Krudd wins & brings the election forward to Sat 27/7

Tonights the Night 4 years 5 months ago #14981

• mutley
Krudd's back!!!

Tonights the Night 4 years 5 months ago #14982

• Steve Tidball
I think it was the best move for Labor, many people I know who would have considered themselves Labor supporters were considering voting for other candidates, mainly due to not having a better option.

They now have a better option, the goal for Labor now is to prevent Tony Abbott from establishing a strong majority, and maybe even clinch it, Rudd give Labor a chance of doing that.

Under Gillard, Labor had no change, under Rudd, Labor stands a chance come election day.

Tonights the Night 4 years 5 months ago #14983

• Steve Tidball
Reports are circulating that Anthony Albanese will be deputy, with Chris Bowen becoming Treasurer.

Pretty good team if you ask me.

Tonights the Night 4 years 5 months ago #14985

Ding dong the witch is dead :P

LP

Tonights the Night 4 years 5 months ago #14986

• Steve Tidball
Penny Wong has been voted as Senate Leader. A good selection.

Tonights the Night 4 years 5 months ago #15003

• mr walker
  • Thank you received: 129
Steve, I admire your passion & your ability to allow your beliefs to overide any sense of reason or logic. You realise that K. Rudd is the same person that was PM 3 years ago, right? You know the one that was so bad his own party had to step in and sack him. And now he is the messiah! Maintain the rage mate.

I am disappointed that the Australian people will not have the opportunity to deliver the sentence that Gillard truly deserves. Also for Oakshott and Windsor. Oh and the irony that the most anti-Labor guy in the parliament (Katter) will be the key to Rudd being PM, along with that grub Thompson & of course Slipper.
The following user(s) said Thank You   Todd Hoffman

Tonights the Night 4 years 5 months ago #15005

• Kevin
  • Panthers Hate Parra
  • Thank you received: 186
If by some slim chance the Libs don't win, it will be because no-one can bring themselves to elect Tony Abbott, if a change was made to the Libs leadership, Turnball or Hockey, they could sleep their way to a win, the current GUMBY is their potential downfall.

Tonights the Night 4 years 5 months ago #15009

The only people that want or crave leadership change are in the Labor party. K Rudds victory improve the ALP's chances i beleive significantly.

People have to decide if they are happy with our current Governments efforts on Border Policy, the Carbon Tax, Mining Tax, 457 visas for overseas workers discussion regarding the Emmissions trading schemes, Malaysian people swaps, same sex marriage etc.

There have been some positives with Education and NDIS a policy to help the significantly disabled.

The item that would cost labor votes is Border policy, maybe K Rudd will hide from the fact he stuffed up the old Howard govt policies regarding offshore processing and try and strengthen the govt's current policy. Time and published history will be his enemy.

Todays odds are Sports bet Coalition $1.16 ALP $5.00

Tonights the Night 4 years 5 months ago #15013

• Jagman
  • Out of the darkness we will come!!
  • Thank you received: 150
I don't think Rudd is any real chance to take Labor to a win. They should be $10 not $5. His only chance is to come clean, and admit that a few of their policies are very poor options, and that others while they have some merit can't be followed through on in the current financial climate.

If Rudd starts with handouts, and promises of handouts it will rebound. Most were sick of the lies from Gillard & worse still Swan. The performance of him as treasurer was a disgrace. Only the foolish or stupid fell for his empty promises.

Labor need to learn that their lack of fiscal responsibility is normally there undoing.

I don't know who I'll vore for, I'm a true swinging voter. I doubt I can be swayed to vote Labor, but 2 days ago there was no chance.

The truth is what I look for, not the spin. That's why my Senate vote is already reserved for the Wikileaks Party. Most likely a wasted vote, and also a unhelpful one in the grand scheme of things but I'm over governments hiding truths from the voting public to suit their agenda's which are normally inspired by their own selfish ambitions.

Rant Over...lol.
Life is a lesson that some never learn.

Tonights the Night 4 years 5 months ago #15016

• Todd Hoffman
  • Thank you received: 1
The show pony returns, and he has already put me to sleep with his windbag speech.

Tonights the Night 4 years 5 months ago #15041

On page 2 of the Telegraph this morning. David Bradbury member for Lindsay voted is quoted as voting for K. Rudd. In many of the of past media conferences Bradbury was pictured behind Julia Gillard and was once accused by Ray Hadley as being a Julia's lapdog. (not interested in argueing the merits of this)

The fact that the Labour executive refused to help fund his campaign because the seat was considered unwinnable must have led to the change of heart, direction, loyalty.

Reality is that if 7 people hadn't switched camps Julia would still be PM.
Last Edit: 4 years 5 months ago by North Shore Panther.

Tonights the Night 4 years 5 months ago #15044

• mr walker
Speaking of David Bradbury, he recently sent me an email with the subject:

Any Ideas?

True. I was tempted to reply with just

yes, &$%# off!

but resisted the temptation.

It was actually a request for ideas for spending money on Anzac celebrations in 2015. Replies were requested by Aug 31st ie just before the scheduled election mmmm!
The following user(s) said Thank You   Puss

Tonights the Night 4 years 3 months ago #18313

After 6 years we have 1 more sleep before a potential new Govt. Most likely Lindsay will be taken by the Libs if early predictions stay correct.

My seat of Bradfield is most likely the safest Liberal seat in the country so my vote doesn't count.

Good luck Panther pride members, hope your dreams are realised.

Tonights the Night 4 years 3 months ago #18315

• Puss
Puss wrote:
......another leadership challenge, Gillard v/s Rudd ho hum, with the loser to leave politics. I hope it's a draw and they both bugger off. :P

..... one down, one to go. ;)

Tonights the Night 4 years 3 months ago #18316

• Dufeyz
  • Thank you received: 44
if the NBN is scrapped ill be sooooo pissed off!

Havent got it in my area yet. :/

Tony abbot is reckons its a waste of money.

Tonights the Night 4 years 3 months ago #18319

• mutley
North Shore Panther wrote:
Good luck Panther pride members, hope your dreams are realised.
I dream of a strong 3rd option to overthrow the ALP/coalition dominance, but doubt we will see it any time soon :(

Tonights the Night 4 years 3 months ago #18320

• mr walker
I dream of a country where the government of the day looks further forward than the next election (and being re-elected) so we can truly start to get some things done without political expediency being the only decider of what should be done.

And of course the complete wipeout of the watermelon party that is truly a anchor around our country's neck. I hope to see the start of that tomorrow.

Oh, and Clive Palmer being the only one on board Titanic 2 when it duplicates the fate of it's namesake.

Tonights the Night 4 years 3 months ago #18335

• Todd Hoffman
  • Thank you received: 1
mr walker wrote:
I dream of a country where the government of the day looks further forward than the next election (and being re-elected) so we can truly start to get some things done without political expediency being the only decider of what should be done.

And of course the complete wipeout of the watermelon party that is truly a anchor around our country's neck. I hope to see the start of that tomorrow.

Oh, and Clive Palmer being the only one on board Titanic 2 when it duplicates the fate of it's namesake.

Just Clive Palmer? I could add a few past and present politicians on that voyage. A complete wipeout of the watermelon party sounds good. I did my part today when one tried to give his how to vote form to me "Don't even think about" I said. Should have seen the look on his face, priceless.

Tonights the Night 4 years 3 months ago #18340

• mutley
I ignore the lot of them as I walk to the polling booths. Don't make eye contact, just keep my head down & walk. By the time I'm there it's too late for them anyway, I have already decided.

Tonights the Night 4 years 3 months ago #18342

• mutley
As much as I hate to say it, I think this is what our immediate future looks like:

Tonights the Night 4 years 3 months ago #18343

• Panther Jack
  • It's bad luck i swear.
  • Thank you received: 108
Well.....That will do me.
  • Page: