[2019] R11 Eels v Panthers - Game Day Thread

Game Day Information

:rugby_football: Match Parramatta Eels v Penrith Panthers
:stadium: Venue Bankwest Stadium, Parramatta NSW
:clock10: Time Thursday 25th May 2019 7:50pm
:tickets: Tickets Ticketek [Link]
:stadium: Gates Open Gates Open 6:00pm
:sun_behind_rain_cloud: Weather :full_moon: Clear 17°C (5% Chance of Rain :cloud_with_rain:)
:tv: Broadcast :tv: Channel Nine (FTA) [LIVE]
:tv: Fox League (Channel 502) [LIVE]
:desktop_computer: NRL Live Pass [LIVE]
:kayo: Kayo Sports [LIVE]
:radio: ABC Sydney 702AM [LIVE]
:radio: 2GB Sydney 873AM [LIVE]
:radio: MMM Sydney 104.9FM [LIVE]

:rugby_football: Telstra Premiership | Full Time

Penrith Panthers 16 Tries Tim Grant, Nathan Cleary
Goals Nathan Cleary (4/4)
Parramatta Eels 10 Tries Maika Sivo
Goals Mitchell Moses (3/3)

Post Game Media

PRESS CONFERENCE

PANTHERS MEDIA REPORT

MATCH REPORT

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS

MATCH REPLAY

MAN OF THE MATCH VOTING
http://discourse.pantherpride.com.au/t/round-11-v-eels-motm/

Teams

Telstra Premiership Canterbury Cup
:rugby_football: Eels v Panthers :rugby_football: Magpies v Panthers
:clock3: Thursday 23/5 7:50pm :clock3: Sunday 26/5 3pm
:stadium: Bankwest Stadium :stadium: Ringrose Park
TEAM
1. Dylan Edwards 1. Caleb Aekins
2. Josh Mansour 2. Allan Fitzgibbon
3. Dean Whare 3. Brayden Mcgrady
4. Waqa Blake 4. Matheson Johns
5. Brian To’O 5. Brent Naden
6. Jarome Luai 6. Daine Laurie
7. Nathan Cleary 7. Kurt Falls
8. James Tamou (C) 8. Spencer Leniu
9. Sione Katoa 9. Reed Izzard
10. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 10. Sam Mckendry
11. Viliame Kikau 11. Jack Hetherington
12. Frank Winterstein 12. Billy Burns
13. James Fisher-Harris 13. Kaide Ellis
INTERCHANGE
14. Liam Martin 14. Adam Fearnley
15. Tyrell Fuimaono 15. Nick Lui-Toso
16. Tim Grant 16. Ratu Tuisese
17. Moses Leota 17. Shawn Blore
RESERVE
18. Mitch Kenny
19. Hame Sele
20. Kaide Ellis
21. Caleb Aekins
COACH
Coach: Ivan Cleary Coach: Guy Missio

Officials

To be announced

I dare say after watching the replay of the Edwards collision, that DWZ has played his last game for us.

Not sure if we can play Kenny before June 30, but I can’t see Katoa playing 80.

Good to see Macca and Hethrington named in reserves. Hopefully they both have good games and come into firsts soon, the roster is starting to look pretty bare.

1 Like

To be honest i am suprised there hasn’t been more said and written about the DWZ tackle on Edwards
I do have a couple of concerns about this team but through a suspension Luai gets his crack at 6

Not so sure about Mansour and RCG coming back into the team but goes to what you have posted…our cupboard is bare

But looking at the team its “looks” balanced and this would as close to our best team we could field in any event save for Maloney and my view about him is well known…he wouldn’t be in my run on squad

The dynamic to watch in this game is who does all the talking because Tamou doesn’t do it and Maloney has been the de facto captain and this will be interesting to watch…i hope its Cleary

Nothing much to say except Eels are coming off 2 losses and one was a shocker to Storm so their attitude will determine how they go and for us…surely being booed last week by the home crowd must motivate them

RCG is back - he was shirt fronted by Spud Carroll in the tunnel before he played Reggie’s saying “are you giving up your blues jersey that easily” he then ran for over 200m in Reggie’s.

Let’s hope the mental edge is back - I miss the real RCG :heart:

Maybe we need spud on the payroll :rofl:

so, what does it mean when it says in the team announcement “…while Dallin Watene-Zelezniak has been omitted”? Not dropped, not rested, but omitted??

He was linked to slimies, but i just thought that was a play by Parra to forces Gutherson’s hand. Maybe he is off to eels, with an early release announced as early as Fri???

He has been an angry young man all year, after his career highs last year, including captaining his country. Is he on the ‘good guys’ team & his family, religious & moral beliefs cannot be reconciled with the behaviours of some others of his teammates??

I fear there is more to come for us. Once again I have no idea of what to expect tomorrow night. We had planned to go to this game, partly to experience the new stadium. But interest has waned after recent weeks, including the trip to Brisbane, and now I have a cold. Wouldn’t stop me normally, but i think I will watch on the telly - Fox, with sound muted :pensive:

Ray Hadley spoke at length about how DWZ was not named in any grade this week and how he is off to the eels which raises another question…what about his brother?

And more broadly how can a player lose so much faith / confidence in a club to want to leave mid year and his form and actions like the tackle on Edwards.

Like you i believe there is still more going on we are not aware of it which can be the only reason to explain why we are running last.

Lets see what happens tomorrow

Israel falou anyone - without the public message!

this link doesn’t sound too good on any level and suggest there is plenty going on behind the scenes

Dallin just about gone as predicted;

I think at this stage it’s probably best for both parties. Wondering if they are trying to get him out and Kenny into the top 30 before Thursday?

Just saw Cleary on 9 saying there are major problems and have become more obvious in the last month

Seriously anyone would have known something is wrong from Game 1 and Cleary’s demeanour and press conferences have been terrible.

The larger question is where did all this manifest from and when did this begin?

What a bloody mess

Couldnt agree with you more SBF on Cleary…just watched Final Word and he basically refused to answer any questions. Although I have never met him he is certainly comes across on the media as a hard bloke to like. Must say thought the same when he was the coach first time round also.
What a bloody mess

Can we not rewind back to 4 weeks to go in 2018 regular season. Board approaches Gould with idea to sack Griffin, or he just decides himself, and then he decides, no he was the guy I brought here and extended his contract, we’ll let it run.

I’m pretty certain we would not be 2-8 in 2019.

1 Like

Ivan Cleary “we have a plan” !

O’h shit not another one, hope it’s days / weeks not years :rofl:

Paul Kent and crew have just give it to IC and they are dead on. Basically nothing to see here but Panther fans keep paying and turning up…just trust me…RIGHT O :scream:

this site should be renamed PANTHER PANDEMONIUM !

It has a nice ring to it!

1 Like

… or ‘panography’. !!!

Yeah he has a plan alright. But hes not going to tell anyone what it is. Now thats pretty smart because he can change the plan without anyone knowing. I bet when we finally win a game (and I hope its tonight) Cleary will say …hey guys the secret plan is working!!

Saying you have a plan and not elaborating on the detail means - you have no plan and are simply trying to buy time.

Paul Kent said “say nothing and look like a fool, or tell everyone and let them know your a fool”

The big question Puss is a PANACEA available? In the short term I think doubtful.

1 Like