R4 Roosters v Panthers - Game Day Thread

Roosters played about at their same level last year, god knows how they put a score on Souths, which probably says more about Souths.

Well done boys and Lindsay Smith had a blinder but our forwards did what i had hoped, we belted them which gave us space.

Hard to pick a MOM of the match but Edwards was brilliant.

Enjoy the win boys, freshen up for the next challenge.

1 Like

:mega: Panther Pride Man of the Match voting is now open here.

A lot of butt hurt rorters fans on facebook tonight. Thought they had this game won.

2 Likes

Early on, I think. a lot of the Roosters players thought it was in the bag as well. Then the got shell shocked in the first 20 minutes and struggled to recover.

2 Likes

And then the game started :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The way we played last night, we may as well just pick forwards in the 6 and 7. Between Yeo and Edwards we are not missing anything :rofl:.

All in all this game showed just how far ahead of the competition we continue to be. We lay a great foundation through the forwards, suffocate teams with our defense, then perfectly execute simple plays (Turuva’s three trys), or perform a moment of individual brilliance (Edwards), all the while our back 5 run the ball back for an average of near 50 metres a set, giving our forwards the rest needed to pulverize in defense.

We make the hard look simple, and premiership contenders look weak.

A champion team will run rings around a team of champions any day.

3 Likes

SHF summarised very well above.

I think the final score flattered the chooks. We dominated the game in attack & defence, stifling the roosters pretty well all game. Haven’t seen the stats, but their average metres for their sets must have been very low - most sets they were struggling to make 30m & their long kicking was very short. The only time they seemed to get over halfway was from a penalty - I don’t think we got much credit from the ref for our dominant defence.

As we have seen one of our weaknesses is still getting possession from the short dropouts :open_mouth:.

Working into our season very well.

3 Likes

MOTM? Edwards was a standout, but how to you pick just 2 more? And that’s one of our secrets - play as a team, on multiple levels.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Mark had to be happy.

Not only is he a legend he is a great bloke.

I thought Mavrick was tradesman like, nothing out of the box but did what he had to do.

2 Likes

despite the win and having the time to reflect a little, and i agree with a consensus view the score flattered the Roosters.
That being said i feel we left many points out there with our attack a bit at odds if you could imagine Cleary was out there.

Just like to see our attack options were a little more structured and the execution was more effective.

2 Likes

Cowboys being flogged tonight puts us rightfully as #1 on the ladder :+1:

1 Like

Can’t disagree with that, SBF. I think that the same could be said about our game against Parra. From memory, the ‘experts’ on the Ch9 Sunday Footy Show last week opined that Parra were unlucky and deserved to win that game. Funny. I seem to remember us bombing 3 or 4 tries and being all over them like a rash. Mind you, during the same show they did their assessment of the game Penrith vs Brisbane. All I heard was Brisbane, Brisbane, Brisbane. You could be forgiven for not being sure who Brisbane played. I was so disgusted that I turned the TV off. Screw them.

Happy Easter everyone!

With regards scores flattering the opposition, yes absolutely correct.

As Ivan has shown over the last 4 or so years, you don’t need to rack up cricket scores early in the season, much better to pace yourself to perform in the finals.

The NRL is a marathon not a sprint. I am happy to see others rack up cricket scores in the early rounds, only to burn out mid to late season.

1 Like