[2020] R14 Warriors v Panthers - Game Day Thread

Not only that Pete, it appeared all of them had some kind of “heritage” other than you basic anglo saxon, so it bodes the question - What The?

Please excuse the naivety, but can you be racist within your own culture? i.e. Chinese v Chinese or African American v African American - or is that just insulting your own?

WTF indeed, Kev. Were they pissed; that might explain your conundrum? I wonder if we’ll ever learn the full story.

Without trying to start a rousing discussion on Politics and Racism, your identity is more than skin deep. I didn’t find out i was Indigenous until i was 14-15. So it’s all extremely complex.

What those scumbags did to Naden was completely deplorable. They didn’t just ‘sledge’ him, they chased him up the sideline.

After they were kicked out, they doubled down filming themselves mocking indigenous dancing.

Generally, i’m not offended by things. I’m really into offensive comedy. But what those clowns did, in particularly after they were kicked out really pissed me off.

Should be banned for life.

3 Likes

It’s human nature for some people to discriminate against others as a means of making up for their own deficiencies. Basically it’s jealousy. I once did a bit work with a deaf lady who could lip read. She taught Auslan (Australian Sign language) at TAFE. She was telling me about the discrimination within the Deaf community. The people with Cochlear implant were particularly hated by many without. And there are different brands of Auslan and there is discrimination between the different groups.

1 Like

Discrimination - “the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, age, sex, or disability.”

The meaning says “different categories of people” so if a Chinese man says something offensive to another Chinese man, that is accepted, but if a different race says the same thing to the same Chinese man, that is racist.

I don’t like that !

Tom, your comment is a WOW for me, would never have thought shit runs that deep, thanks for sharing.

That story is quite extraordinary, ExTom. I wonder; how is it rational?

Rational - like Tom said it’s Jealousy…Jealousy is ugly and leads people to all sorts of extraordinary acts, probably the Naden issue if you dig deep enough.