[2022] R21 Raiders v Panthers - Game Day Thread

Gotta keep something up ya sleeve Pete, bit like the kick v Melb near the line, that was ballsy and brilliant at the same time…AND the first time we tried it in the season.

Another thing; about the Salmon-Starling incident. From watching the replay, Starling seemed to make a habit of loitering in the tackle. Not surprising, I suppose, given the focus in League land on our quick play-the-balls, and the consequent opponents’ tactics to slow down the play. I get the impression that Salmon’s innocuous kick was out of frustration with this tactic; sort of a ‘would you piss off’ type of reaction. The media needs to focus more on Stuart’s brain snap, and his serial offending. Is he the most penalised coach in NRL history?

1 Like

The media have been irresponsible in their coverage of this incident.
Why don’t the NRL sanction some of these ‘reporters’?
Are they untouchable? They, seem to think so !

1 Like

The NRL needs to start issuing press accreditation passes. The Olympics and Commonwealth Games do, amongst a host of other sports. They can then limit who attends press conferences etc…

1 Like

I’m not a huge fan of after match press conferences. The adrenaline is still high, and players & coaches haven’t had a chance to review the game yet.

An interview the following day would likely remove incidents like we saw on the weekend, and give coaches the time to review the game & injuries so that they can have an intelligent discussion instead of a few standard responses to questions they wouldn’t yet have the information to answer properly.