[2023] WCC Panthers v Saints - Game Day Thread

It might be his pins are too heavy also, I know he isn’t renowned for his explosive speed, but adding bulk reduces your fitness. He seemed to want to run into the defense, i.e. test himself, and he got found out many times.

1 Like

Channel 9 news just reported T.May out for the season with an ACL.

Next man up!

Turuva and Jenkins here’s your chance!

With May sitting the season out, I feel this may be a breakout year for Sunia. Thomas Jenkins would be a lock to secure the centre spot from Crichton at seasons end.

My concern is that May is starting to become a bit injury prone. With talent in the lower grades knocking on the door, it’s going be hard for him to retain his spot int he top grade. If Sunia has a stellar season (which as I said I am expecting), serious questions will be asked if May is the first choice going forward.

2 Likes

I feel like the key players needed 1 game match practice before they took on St Helens. The players I felt weren’t using the weather condition and the change of play also Penrith had good run last season sometimes you need to lose a game early in the season before you go winning streak. Also the game was played middle of February which very early start to play your full capacity when there is big season ahead.

3 Likes