2024 State of Origin Game I - Game Day Thread

I say it again!!! Maybe his sister is better looking than I thought :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After the way Best played against the us on the weekend I agree! Also canā€™t believe Burton isnā€™t in the 17

1 Like

I just think Maguire is now scrambling and has again picked the wrong players and has the mix wildly wrong.

The Panther players pick themselves but i would have Yeo starting at 13 and Captain.

This means i woutdnā€™t have Trobojevic in the squad.

|Dylan Edwards
|Brian Toā€™o
|Stephen Crichton
|Matt Burton
|Jacob Kiraz
|Jarome Luai
|Mitchell Moses
|Regan Campbell Gillard
|Api Korisau
||Payne Haas
|Liam Martin
|Angus Crichton
|Jacob Preston
|Spencer Lenui
|Haumole Olakauā€™atu
|Cam Mcinnes

The NSW squad lacks speed all across the park so we need guile to offset this weakness

I am still not sold on Moses but he has a huge boot as does Burton plus Luai and Api can kick

I would be turning them around early in sets and tackling our hearts out but trying to turn their big boppers around.

Kicking to corners and have them work their way out of a corner, we simply cannot afford to kick straight to their backs as they will run back metres before they get tackled.

And using our model i would have Kiraz and Too returning kicks.

RCG can still run hard and does play big minutes and i would would feed him raw meat for the 10 days to get him mean. Mind you i would put him and Lenui in the same room and feed them the same.

Mcinnes would be on the bench to cover for a half, 9, 11,12 or 13
He has a motor but is not a starter.

we need a forward pack who can hunt together and hurt

1 Like