Finals predictions & discussion

If it had been at Commbank it could of been a triple header of Panther victories!

2 Likes

That would be good. Pretty sure they finish with enough time for us to get to Homebush, so we might be able to watch all 3 (if we are keen).

1 Like

After my hugely successful 1/4 last week (no prizes for guess which was the one :rofl:), Iā€™m not tipping with any great confidence this week.

I think the Eels v Raiders game comes down to the fitness of Moses. If he plays & goes the distance, the Eels should win. If he doesnā€™t play, or leaves the field early, I think Raiders can jag another upset. At this stage Iā€™m tipping Eels (assuming Moses plays)

Iā€™m tipping Sharks to beat Souths, but not with a lot of confidence. I think Souths are the better side, but have a nagging feeling about the Sharks, despite them having to play the extra minutes last week.

If I was being honest @Mutley I think both games are a coin toss. But if push comes to shove and I had to pick two winners, this is how I would go.

Eels v Raiders. My pick, Eels. Despite going down to Penrith last week, there was glimpses of a team that could win. The Raiders last week didnā€™t outplay Melbourne last week as much as the Storm outplayed themselves. The Storm went of the defensive and went down the path of ā€œworking the refā€ which did not pay out for them in the way they thought.

Sharks v Rabbitohs. My pick, Rabbitohs. Souths were terrible last week, tat game had to be one of the worst games of football I seen this year, it hardly contained any football at all. I would hope they have leaned from last weeks shitshow. The had their chance last week, and were in the drivers seat to win it, and blew it in dramatic fashion. That ~95 minutes is going to come back and bite them in the back end of this game. I see the Sharks going out in straight sets.

Now for the kickerā€¦ I donā€™t think it matters who wins. the winners this week will be smoked by the Panthers and Cowboys in Week 3. My Grand Final Prediction standsā€¦ Panthers v Cowboys.

1 Like

Agreed. I think we have proven ourselves to be a level above this year. The Cowboys have been building nicely all year. I canā€™t see either the Eels or Raiders toppling them at home next week.

I also tipped poorly last week - 1 from 4.

I think the eels can win if Moses can put on a good performance - his kicking was what kept them in the game last week.
I think the sharks will be too consistent for the bunnies, who look like they have played their game in the media this week.

1 Like

Our Jersey Flegg side have made the Grand Final.

We will have all 3 grades playing next week.

Commbank Stadium Sunday:

1pm Jersey Flegg Grand Final v Newcastle

3.10pm NSW Cup Grand Final v Canterbury

Accor Stadium Saturday:

7.50pm NRL Preliminary Final v Souths

1 Like

I had heard the schedule as you write, but they said in the Facebook feed of game that the lower grades were on Sunday at CommBank & tickets were on sale from Tuesday ??

1 Like

They must have changed the date from when I last looked a month ago (or I noted it down wrong to start with). Just double checked & it has Sunday on NSWRL site.

1 Like

On the positive side, this is a great result. It will be a superb effort to add to the S G Ball premiership. Noting a comment on the Facebook live feed for the Jersey Flegg game about ā€˜the young Chooksā€™, I wonder if any of the Easts side actually came from any where near Bondi. Presumably most have lured from elsewhere by tossing some non salary cap Politisā€™ money in their direction (like Suaalii).

On the negative side, donā€™t you love the consistency. Nth Qld earned their home ground advantage, at a huge disadvantage to Parramatta. Penrith earned our home ground advantage, so we are then sent to play at Souths home ground. How many people, especially those with youngish families, will be deterred by this distance (on top of costs for tickets, travel and parking)?

1 Like

Souths might have a bit playing on their minds going into this game.

We have won 8 of our last 9 against them, and the most recent game we were missing Cleary, Luai & Fisher-Harris.

They might be missing a few through injury (Johnson & Arrow), on top of the Burgess suspension.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had a change of heart through the week. I think Parra are going to upset the Cowboys, to set up a battle of the west grand final.

Panthers season ticket holders & anyone who attends our game against Souths this week can use their tickets for free entry to NSWRL Grand Final Day on Sunday.

1 Like

That would have to be the worst miss of a forward pass Iā€™ve ever seen!!!

1 Like

Cowboys might be missing Taumalolo next week (if they are playing).

Waqa Blake couldnā€™t catch a cold standing naked in a snow storm
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cowboys & Eels 12-all half time.

An arm wrestle, where neither team has really dominated.

Cowboys can probably feel cheated of the first try of the game. There were 2 forward passes in the movement, one of them as blatant as Iā€™ve ever seen.

Cowboys might have some concerns over Taumalolo for next week (if they qualify), for a shoulder to the head of Papalii.

Realistically, I think Eels need to be leading at the 60 minute mark if they want to progress to the big dance. The Cowboys are fresher, and are more used to the conditions, and it will be a factor in the back end of the game.

Parra surprised me. When they were down 20-12 I thought they were gone.

Bring on the battle of the west Grand Final!!!

Paulo lifts and drives down in a tackle - stays on the field. Cleary lifts and drives down in the tackle - sent off for most of the game an gets a 5-week suspension. Go figure.

1 Like

It hard to get a take on last nights game. All the stats favoured the cows, except the final score.
Parra were mostly ordinary but won the game, which is in the end all that matters.
Cowboys must be waking up today thinking how the hell did we lose that game.

My fear about the officials was vindicated. How no-one saw the Moses forward pass for the first try I have no idea.

1 Like