Nominations- Greatest Panthers Lock never to play in a Grand Final

Forgot to start this up earlier in the week, work killing me with days off cancelled & shifts all over the place at the moment!!!

Can’t think of any off the top of my head, will try to come up with some names when I’ve had some sleep.

Lock (Not played a Grand Final and >20 matches)

Player Apperances
Nathan Smith 77
Warren Fenton 69
John Cross 65
Craig Connor 48
Darren Brown 37
Peter Langmack 36
Adam Docker 32
Barry Le Brocq 20
Zenon Olejarnik 20
Lew Zivanovic 20

Lock (Ineligible. Played in a Grand Final)

Player Apperances Reason Ineligible
Colin Van Der Voort 94 Penrith (1991)
Trent Waterhouse 67 Penrith (2003)
Scott Sattler 58 Penrith (2003)
Isaah Yeo 54 Penrith (2020, 2021)
Luke Lewis 49 Penrith (2003), Cronulla (2016)
Trent Merrin 45 St George Illawarra (2010)
Brad Fittler 38 Penrith (1990, 1991), Sydney (2000, 2002, 2003, 2004)
James Fisher-Harris 37 Penrith (2020, 2021)
Elijah Taylor 23 Warriors (2011)
2 Likes

Phil Kleindienst played lock from 69-72. He was a real good player, imho. Worth a mention.

3 Likes

Also to add to the caliber of the inneligible;

Chris Mortimer
Brad Izzard

2 Likes

I will give out a shout out to two of the Eli or players, both from recent times (well for me anyway lol);

Nathan Smith - a no nonsense mr reliable. Never flashy he was an 80 minute pillar of defence, during the Elliot era of over priced lazy players. Also provided cover to wing and centre on occasions.

Darren Brown - almost the opposite of Smith, played 94-98 bookended by Van de Voort and Sattler. Typical of the razzle dazzle Simmons era, was a ball playing, kicking lock, who always had a go (even if more often than not his belief exceeded his capability), even played (a somewhat disastrous) game at half. Always a lot of fun to watch though.

2 Likes

Nathan Smith for me. Mr Reliable.

Solid defender, probing in attack. I feel if he came through in any other time outside the Elliot era he would have tasted success.

3 Likes
A Recycled Pixel website.
DISCLAIMER

The opinions expressed on Panther Pride are not necessarilly those of the sites owners.
Panther Pirde or Recycled Pixel accept no responsibility for articles presented, their ownership or implications of ownership.
Panther Pride accepts no responsibility for inadvertant copyright breaches. This website does not have any affiliation with the National Rugby League (NRL). or the Penrith Panthers Rugby League Football Club, nor business connection and has not been endorsed by the National Rugby League or Penrith Panthers.
ROLL CALL