NRL Expansion Discussion

I have probably mentioned this before, but I would have kept St. George and the Steelers separate (Wollongong deserves its own team), and merged Cronulla and Balmain to become the Tigersharks with a blue and orange strip!

2 Likes

At the time all of the “rationalisation” happening in the late 90s, I suggested merging Easts, Souths, Balmain & Cronulla to form the South-East Tiger-sharks. It would have solved a lot of problems.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Here’s a new one. Unfortunately I’m not a subscriber, so I can’t see the full article.

From what I understand there will be 10 home games in Perth, with 2 home games at Henson Park.

As an old Newtown fan, I’d like to see them back, but would prefer they merge with Ipswich Jets, and Perth come back as Western Reds, independent of any Sydney based club.

1 Like

1 Like

Ironic that he talks about junior development

1 Like

Ironic, indeed, Mutley. There are three certainty in life - taxes, eventual death, and that Politis will promote the narrative that East Rorters are the greatest junior development club since Adam was a boy. They’ll have their fingers over any plan that will turn WA into another Easts feeder club.

2 Likes

Interview with Peter V’Landys, touching on expansion, the Las Vegas season opener and the RLPA agreement.

:camera_flash: Take a look at this post PNG in box seat to become NRL’s 18th team after rival bid’s $11m hammer blow

I saw a few PNG fans posting that PNG have secured a team in the NRL, but I feel they may be jumping the gun. Until the NRL confirms it I would skeptical on ANY team being added.

Though in saying that I do wish the NRL were a little more transparent with their plans. From what I have seen they are pushing for a 20 team competition (which in my opinion is the mot the NRL can sustain in it’s current format, more than that, they will have to look at divisions), if that is the case, come out and lay out a roadmap.

Say PNG will have a team in 2025 and announce the additional teams to come in at a later date in 2027-28.

I feel they should be doing the same for the NRLW.

2 Likes

:camera_flash: Take a look at this post Log in to Facebook | Facebook

https://www.zerotackle.com/the-plea-for-perth-not-png-to-be-the-18th-nrl-team-163917/

2 Likes

Oh dear, Bears…

Just stop it… please… just stop it. :roll_eyes:

:camera_flash: Take a look at this post https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/give-up-sad-reality-of-north-sydney-bears-doomed-nrl-expansion-bid/news-story/45bd118576dbeca78786acf531cb19da?mibextid=S66gvF#lohny34iz27v1l0yf4a

1 Like