NRL Expansion Discussion

As I’ve already stated, the Western Reds is the way to go,

For Bears, either Central Coast or Burleigh, with 2-3 games at NSO each year.

For Jets, Ipswitch with 2-3 games at Henson each year.

No need for Bears or Jets to explore other areas when those areas already have the respective identities. New areas need new identities, with no ties to existing Sydney clubs. I’d even go as far as to say that in the distant future when Adelaide get a team again, it has to be the Rams.

2 Likes

Nathan Cleary would be a dream signing
WA Bid

He sure would be a “dream” signing :joy:

You could also call it a ‘fantasy’.

1 Like

My level of distain for the North Sydney Bears has hit it’s peak… I don’t think it could be higher. Knowing full well that there won’t be a Central Coast team (with the exception of relocation) not just now, but never, the have decided to do down the route of hijacking another franchise looking to get a start. The Telegraph is just as responsible for this bullsh*t with their campaign to make this monstrosity and reality through their moron of an editor Phil Rothfield.

So instead of having a new entity (or reviving the old Red’s one), something the WA public can build a successful fanbase around, they will have the corpse of a failed club force fed in, with their worn out shitty brand slapped on the jersey of a club that now is a vessel for this parasite of a organisation, just to make a few old bleeding hearts happy.

This is the worst thing I have seen, and I genuinely feel sorry the the WA rugby league fans. All these years of bidding to have this rotten abortion of a concept forced upon them to achieve their dreams.

The whole Bears organisation should be ashamed of themselves, where they should have served in the interest of Rugby League, they served in the interest of themselves.

SHAME!

Also this grab form the article I found a tad insulting.

According to the report, the new franchise will be called the Western Bears rather than the Perth Bears with the former being a nod to Western Reds — WA’s first professional rugby league team.

Oh thank you PVL… how kind of you. Heres an Idea though… how about just calling them the Western Red’s then? The dribble the Bears and the Telegraph are putting out there is just insulting.

I would rarely say something like this but get f**ked Bears.

1 Like

Having regrettably googled “Perth Bears” a few weeks ago, it’s probably a good thing they didn’t go with that name!!!
:man_facepalming:

WOW, Steve, that story really got you fired up😳. I suggest Rothfield is just repaying some ‘debts’ from the past in his promotion of the bears.

I’m on the record that there should be no expansion teams, in particular, NO to PNG & NO to NZ, & I think it’s time to completely put a line through the bears in regards to the NRL.

This is what I wanted to see. Finally happening.

Hopefully it’s because they want an independent bid from Perth without any “attachments”.

4 Likes

Just when you think PVL had come to his senses, he just disappoints all over again. :man_facepalming:t3:

1 Like