[2021] QF Panthers v Rabbitohs - Game Day Thread

… then let Burton put a few up !

You blokes had no problems with Momirovski kicking short,
then why not Burton long and high hmmmm ?

2 Likes

I’m thinking it’s going to be strange not to be at our finals game. Off the top of my head, I can recall only missing the 2000 final in Canberra out of all our finals games.
Watching on Fox will have to do & usually my sons would be watching with me, but not this time.
A win will make it better :grin::beer::beer::beer:

2 Likes

Dylan Edwards will miss the game with a foot injury. Crighton to Fullback, Staines comes into the side on the wing.

This will be the first time I’ve missed a Panthers final since the 1991 Grand Final!!! Also the first year I won’t be at the Grand Final since 1997 (also went in 1996). Not happy about it. F@ck Covid :rage::rage::rage:

Hopefully Charlie Staines will show more urgency in defence after having been dropped for a while.

1 Like

yes, get more involved Charlie. He’s got more pace than Souths
and desperately needs to use it more often. If our blokes can find him some more space he’s likely to run in a couple of tries.

LATE MAIL

The Panthers have suffered an injury blow on the eve of the contest with fullback Dylan Edwards ruled out with a minor foot complaint.

Charlie Staines returns to the side and will travel to Townsville while Brent Naden has been omitted from the squad.

Player Change Position
2 Stephen Crichton :arrows_counterclockwise: Fullback
20 Charlie Staines :small_red_triangle: Wing
1 Dylan Edwards :injured: Omitted (Injury)
21 Brent Naden :small_red_triangle_down: Omitted

Charlie needs to stay in his position on the wing where he is more effective. He doesn’t have the size to make metres up the middle like To’o. He needs to use his most effective weapon, speed.

1 Like

that is not good news about Edwards and Staines is a huge weakness imo…i would have gone with Naden and that is saying something because he has some issues as well.

Staines better be switched on because he is going to see a lot of traffic tonight.

1 Like

Maybe we should do the opposite to what I suggested last week; Staines at Wing in attack, Momo at wing in defense?

Leota injured now (calf)
Eisenhuth starts
Martin starts
Kikau bench

10 all half time, probably a fair reflection of the game so far.

All in all, it’s a good position to build the win in the second half.

We are certainly missing Edwards as Crighton has not been supporting the line breaks (not that anyone else has either).

Go boys!

Our attack just wasn’t there tonight. Chrichton probably our best.

Too many players lost their heads in the second half

1 Like

:mega: Panther Pride Man of the Match voting is now open here.

For all those who pick backs for MOTM - you have just seen the value of having Moses on the field at the same time as JFH…A MASSIVE LOSS
Staines - Stamp the card, not to play again this season.
Eisenhuth - not really a 1st grader
Tóo playing injured
TPJ - some effort…ANY effort - we needed him to have a go

That was a hard loss to take, if we don’t get back to our structured TEAM mentality, we will go straight out the back door.

The cynic in me says this is exactly what the NRL wanted, A someone other than Storm v Panthers GF 2 years in a row, and now they have it, maybe we can see some proper rule adjudications without desired outcomes…no not cheating, just structuring the result if they are good enough :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

The referee was shitting me to tears. Some of those calls were absolute howlers.

Sutton had a shocker… no consistency, no control, let Souths dictate penalties… weak.

2 Likes

We aren’t the STORM…

that … was dreadful !